You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Editing  \  Gunmetal Progress

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Gunmetal Progress

mike323
01 November 2005 16:30 (UK time)

GUNMETAL

UPDATES (Downloads at the bottom of this post)
+-Jan 28th, 07--
GM site up. I will no longer be posting updates here. Download from this site as well.
http://www.mike.jbgames.com/

+-Jan 10th, 07--
Gunmetal v1.13 Released
Fixes some of the smaller glitches in 1.12.

+-Jan 7th, 07--
Gunmetal v1.12 Released
This is the first version of the final mod. Still a little sketchy, but go ahead and try it out.

**** THE STORY ****
My latest story idea is:

Read the latest post at the bottom of this thread.

Weapon List

Pistols:
USP
Sig
Beretta (M9)
Glock
Silenced Glock

SMGs:
M10 Mac (Silenced)
Uzi
FN P90
MGL SMG

Shotguns:
CYMA Stock
Riot Shotgun
Spaz 12

Machine Guns:
AK47
M16
Marine Gun (Tribute to my H2 mod, aka the battle rifle)
MP5 Full Size

Snipers:
Covert
Tactical

Rocket Launchers/Others:
TS17 (Rocket Launcher)
AT (Rocket Launcher)
m79
AA-12 (Rotary Shotgun)

Homemade Laser Pack:

Retraction Laser:
An automatic plasma rifle which works by retracting a plasmic firing rod rapidly, forcing the lasers out at a high rate
Projectiles=medium damage

Burst Laser:
A sort of shotgun laser, using the same retraction technology as the retraction laser.

And if you're excited enough to leave a comment, do so in the proper thread:
http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=4&TopicId=25&ThreadId=1070

Old Updates:
Weapon Graphics - Hud: Complete
Weapon Graphics - Topdown views: Complete
Weapon SFX - Complete
Object Graphics: Background Task
General Game SFX: 88%
Powerup Graphics: Complete
Importing new weapons(from concepts): Complete
Sprites for Testing Purposes: Complete
Menu Background: Complete
Menu SFX: Complete
System Death Message PCXs: Complete
Bonus Laser Pack: Complete
Importing concept levels: Complete
Creating Sprites: 85%
Creating Weapons: Complete
Compliling Item List: Complete
Creating Destroyed Sprites: 20%
Taking Texture PCXes: 70%
Picking out music: Complete
Lvl1.map: 100%
Lvl2.map: 100%%
Lvl3.map: 100%
Lvl3a.map: 100%
Lvl3b.map: 100%
Lvl3c.map: 100%
Lvl4.map: 100%
Lvl5.map: 100%
Lvl6.map: 100%
Lvl7.map: 100%
Lvl8a.map: 100%
Lvl8b.map: 100%
Finishing Touches: 100%

Edited: 30 January 2007 00:35

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
01 September 2006 22:50 (UK time)

Update
September 1st, 2006

Well you all must be wondering what the hel is going on with GM...the short story is that I lost interest for a long time, and just recently I became inspired to play M2 again. And, I also looked at my unfinished project...and I realized what I was working with.

So why did I lose interest? I think it is because my intentions of gameplay weren't within M2's capabilities, as I've told some of the forum people already. For instance, I wanted timed cutscenes and all kinds of advanced AI, but soon I realized it just wasn't going to happen. So, with this in mind, I decided to trash my original campaign ideas and start fresh AKA try again with mapping. My original intentions were maps with too much script and not enough gameplay, and now I realize I need to put more of that meaty shooting action in, and less waypointing etc.

Anyway, GM is NOT cancelled, and I hope it will never be. I hope I don't lose interest again :)

Edited: 01 September 2006 23:24

mike323
21 September 2006 15:24 (UK time)

UPDATE
Sept. 21

Alright, so yesterday I started to really get somewhere on the campaign. This update is to give you the new storyline, as my latest idea goes...

It's 2542, and the world is in an interesting state. Humans have realized that fighting is no good anymore. No, not because everyone wants peace now, because humans just let their robotic creations do the dirty work. Technology is at the point in time in which artificial intelligence can almost perfectly mimic humans. If not, then it can come very close.

Meanwhile, terrorism has spiked. The world is being attacked by terrorists from all sorts of nationalities. The FBI, CIA, Interpol, and all other forms of police have stepped down from lack of employees. Don't get the wrong idea - there are still a few members of authoratative centers who want a firm police established. These members have formed the ICPA - the International Citizen Protection Agency. Partnered with the army and Tech Crimes Task Force, this group of peace-loving people are a force to be reckoned with.

Currently, the ICPA has reason to believe whoever is making destructive robots, whether it is the terrorst group or some obscure hellish scientists, is doing so with the protection of terrorism...or at least the distraction of. You, as Colonel Ash, have already proven your strength by halting the anti-meteor ion cannon takeover, and now you must again give the world a hand.

mike323
12 November 2006 22:40 (UK time)

UPDATE
Nov 12

Well, this is it...GM's release is coming soon...the final steps are just revisions, breifings, music, and playtesting.

Now, once I force myself to overcome the crashes, I can have this done in at most, 3 months. But I expect much sooner :)

mike323
08 January 2007 06:34 (UK time)

As promised, GM is now released. I decided to skip playtesting, I finally found time to push it out, and a BIG apology for keeping y'all waiting, but I've had lost of stuff going on lately, and just keep forgetting about it =)

Yes, the campaign is a bit short, but there is almost no trace of original stuff. If I really focus, I may be able to continue the campaign and finish level 9, and possibly do more with the robots. Oh well, I won't spoil any more, jump in and critisize me! ;)

Right, and Happy New Years!

Edited: 08 January 2007 17:56

VR_Rat

09 January 2007 21:48 (UK time)

In order to make ammends for my response to your first release I will do more of an effort to help your mod rather than hurting your feelings. Yes, I apologize.

A big problem that you might want to look at is the the smg ammo boxes only gives you one bullet. Did you mean it to be like that? An I found the first few levels confusing. Could you clear it up a little for the next release? The last bit I noticed was that it wasn't very clear that I had to destroy computers on the 5th level. I did get it, but it took me a while.

James Bunting
09 January 2007 22:42 (UK time)

I am downloading it now!

mike323
10 January 2007 23:10 (UK time)

Hmm, appears that's one of the little boo-boos ;) Didn't mean for it to give you only one ammo.

Update coming soon with small tweaks.

mike323
11 January 2007 00:18 (UK time)

1.13 is up, get it at the bottom of my first topic. This fixes that and a few more smaller issues.

VR_Rat

11 January 2007 23:06 (UK time)

New tweak update. First the fatals.
The red blocks that represent missing objecton sensing trouble. Something wrong?
The Breifing is a little weird in the robots in the mountains level. The starting briefing comes after the switch.
There seems to be something wrong with briefing b. The guy sends you out right away so you can't get stuuf from the armory.
And there is no zoom for the sniper rifle.

Now the not as fatal stuff.
Everyone drops pistols if they drop enything for a weapon. Including snipers and rocket troops.
There is a problem with the stairs on the office level. they warp me to the top floor somethimes.
It wasn't clear what conveyer to take on the robots in the mountains level.
And the sniper sound effect is a grenade being fired.

And finally the stuff i liked.
I like the how you had the geen arrow to show you had to goto the armory guy to get a gun. You sohuld do that for all objectives like the computers. Yes the green light helps alot, but the constant green arrow will help with harder to find objectives.
The switches to deactivate turrets was a great idea.
Picking weapons off the shelves is another nice feature.
And some of the things like the door movement (sliding) and the turbine art were really well done.

Keep up the good work.

1up

30 January 2007 14:51 (UK time)

Maybe you're insteasted in this lol. why not add the MP7-A1 to your game? i did that and it should use marine rifle rounds. 20 shots per clip, fires faster than an MP5...Armor-Piercing too lols.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

mike323
30 January 2007 15:21 (UK time)

I was actually considering adding an MP7, but it wouldn't be quite that powerful as I'm aiming towards realism in this mod.

I'll throw it in when I release the next version, and fix the problems described in this thread.

1up

30 January 2007 23:16 (UK time)

it goes through most bullet-proof vests like a knife through butter U_U.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!

Dthdealer

19 March 2007 07:46 (UK time)

bit late for another post, but how did you rotate the lights for the computers? the half-elipse seems to always point upwards even after rotation.
also, the last level is a bit confusing, need a bit more to the briefing, i agree. oh and i am guessin all those robots that are stored suddenley change ai then bind to a waypoint later on? get out the machine emplacement and R1P.
also need something to notifie you to get in the chinook on that level with 4 acessible levels (whats its name thingee).
otherwise, less gray on the mod. colour is hard to implement but please do. and i am also guessing you are going to do some more frames in the sprite editor for the giant pistons. look alot nicer
keep up the work, slow down the leisure
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 March 2007 19:42 (UK time)

hehe. I was able to speak to mike personally during his process of making the mod. Basically he had had lots of trouble operating M2 on his computer. Loads of frequent and random crashes. Which kinda forced him to work on it off and on whenever he was up for it. From what he told me while he was almost halfway done, it sounded a lot like he was really just trying to get this thing out. And I think he did a good job. I gotta give him respek for his hard work, regardless of its (rather minor IMO) flaws. It's one of the biggest mods yet next to ravagers of time.

I must say that I did enjoy it much. I haven't finished it yet, but I still think it's doing good.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 19 March 2007 19:43

mike323
24 March 2007 05:17 (UK time)

Thanks Papercut, and yes, M2 frequently fails to cooperate with my computer.

Also, Level 9 is far from finished, I actually shouldn't of put it in.

Dthdealer

24 March 2007 08:29 (UK time)

go to the meteor 2 shortcut, go to its properties and then compatibility tab.
chech disable visual themes, and 256 colour, maybe even the res

you need use this instead of ending the map and showing the map won thingee
void SC_RunMap( char *filename);
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Edited: 24 March 2007 10:17

mike323
24 March 2007 17:21 (UK time)

M2 doesn't crash because of the color palette, nor the visual themes. Almost positive it doesn't.

Maps using EndCurrentLevel are supposed to, maps using RunMap are supposed to as well. You can change it if you really don't like it, but GM runs on a mission-basis, not a constant path (like crater).

Dthdealer

11 April 2007 08:53 (UK time)

try running it in windowed mode. only guessing, or you could make it a no-light mod and run it all in no-fblend (yeah right)
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 11 April 2007 08:53

1up

14 April 2007 04:38 (UK time)

LOLS! I got a copm. of gaming perfection(almost) and it too sometimes crashes M2.

New Wep. Idea... Make a lvl after the ending level showing the recovery of the civilized world! i will add the paparazzi data I was working on so you can make a level for killing waves of them lols. A nice, fun ending to a serious, slightly stressful game.

mike323
14 April 2007 05:04 (UK time)

Hmm, not a bad idea, but then again, I'd like to get hooked on M2 again and continue the story, but time and other games distract me :p

If you want to make a level, send it to me and I'll add it on and host it.

1up

15 April 2007 01:17 (UK time)

Lols. It wont have any scripting tho, expect only guard soldiers walking around and stuff. Is it OK if I make it look like Broadway filled with ppl and celebs?

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use