You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Grenade Launcher Rounds

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Grenade Launcher Rounds

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

18 August 2005 00:05 (UK time)

I didn't know these exhisted for <i>automatic grenade launchers</i>!

<a href="http://www.pmulcahy.com/ammunition/grenade_launcher_rounds.html"> http://www.pmulcahy.com/ammunition/grenade_launcher_rounds.html</a>

(on a completely unrelated note: after thinking for a bit, i believe that seperating the x and y movement for characters and vehicles might solve their getting stuck on things. Would this be difficult to change?)

Edited: 18 August 2005 00:13

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

18 August 2005 03:53 (UK time)

Yeah, there are auto nade launchers, although they are as big as you, and look and feel like an artillery cannon. Would be sweet in M2 though as a stationary turret :D

Also, what we really need is better pathfinding. If units can recognize boundries and objects and go around them, this would be so much better. Better yet, if a nutral object is in thier way that has 50 or less health, they will just blow it away unless they have an explosive weapon.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

18 August 2005 13:18 (UK time)

Heck, I'd mount that thing in the rear of a Yugo hatchback.

I like your pathfinding ideas. If x and y movement is seperated, characters and vehicles will tend to slide along walls and obstacles instead of sticking to them. That would work well with shooting through weakened barriers. If guys are in a group, they should be able work through tougher barriers together to make a gap for the team.

Of course you need to retain vector movement with weapons because you'll have sniper bullets snaking through buildings!

Edited: 18 August 2005 13:26

mike323
18 August 2005 18:42 (UK time)

I'm gonna go make one now...

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use