You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Stuff Bout' WW3 (2)

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Stuff Bout' WW3 (2)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 January 2005 23:47 (UK time)

Sorry, for some reason I couldn't make a post in your thread deadbeat, but here is what I meant to say:

Actually I was just playing My mod yesterday and i compiled a list of glitches. Here are the ones that you may want to fix yourself:

-It is actually the Steel Walls with cracks in them that turns into water, this is a minor fault from using the tile editor too fast

-The Punisher tank uses an explosion sprite but it is supposed to use its actual wasted sprite. This happened because I made the wasted sprite right before I sent out the mod.

-The Blackhole Mech drops a Smart Disk instead of a Code CD, which is essential for completing the last mission.

-Arachnatrons use "qaudruple pistols" but it's supposed to be allied gunship lasers like in M1, I don't have any idea how that happened /=\

-Some tiles in the map editor were never used in the mod but were only used for some of the maps I made in M1 that were "Just for me" such as my list of "Test of Survival" maps that I enjoyed making

-There is an exit in the Alien Hive of X-Labs I, This was just a bad tile choice.
=================================================================
These glitches are faults that I made and need to be configured by me or anyone who will contribute:
=================================================================
-There was supposed to be a map after the Last Boss that takes place on the roof of the X-Labs where the Arachnatrons get assembled, but I didn't get it done before sending the mod out.

-The Player character that was Ash Disguised in a Belgian Uniform doesn't have any weapons that fit the character.

-The Rocket Bike has a little offset wasted sprite and I need to make it look a little better.

-Many explosion sprites were supposed to look more realistic but I was in a hurry to get it done before M2 and I wasn't using any special programs.

-The Laser Turret, Minigun Turret, and Flame Tower don't have any explosion sprites. I couldn't make an explosion sprite and have the laser making red sparks at the end so I had to skip that. And I wanted to make a huge flammable explosion for the flame tower but I never got to it.

-There was supposed to be a running sprite for Ash that replaces his walking sprite, but I never got to that, so I will save that for M2.

EDIT:

Oh and the Colt Commando squadrons always walk in groups of four, never five. But they are well-trained assassins hired by the enemy forces, they are basically the enemies SAS soldiers, except use different weapons and are dressed cooler (The Urban Camo) As you may or may not know, real Counter-Terrorists travel in groups of 3-6 (Except for the game Counter-Strike by Valve) and the Colt Commandoes are very similar to them, which is why they travel that way. I think I made a post about this in the M1 forums. "For those who have trouble killing those damn colt commandoes, They always travle in packs of 4, If you only see 3 dead bodies, the last one is sneaking behind ya!"
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 21 January 2005 23:54

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

d34db34t

22 January 2005 00:03 (UK time)

the last level (that skyscraper) is really hard, even harder because most of my weapons r out of ammo

d34db34t

22 January 2005 00:04 (UK time)

that word filter blotted out part of the word skys.c.r.a.per

40oz
 Official Sponsor

22 January 2005 17:21 (UK time)

what skyscraper? I don't recall sending out the last map that takes place on the roof? Could you describe the map a bit, because I do remember it being reeeally hard, even for me.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

d34db34t

29 January 2005 00:35 (UK time)

the factory (the one with all those chaos leeks, or whatever they are)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

29 January 2005 21:24 (UK time)

I just checked My Mod out today and you are correct, The map I mentioned is in the game and is definetly very hard!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

30 January 2005 23:07 (UK time)

Yes, i eventually just went god mode and i then just gave up, too big and too maney baddies! Aiie! I dont even think there is an exit or way to get to one in that level.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 February 2005 13:42 (UK time)

Thats right Assain. check the glitch list, I am sure I typed in there that you need a Code CD and the Last Enemy gives you a smart disk. You can go to the race editor and fix that is you like, but if you already saved on the last level, you'll have to go on a previous save or play the game all over again!! (which is mainly why I have so many glitches and bugs, I need to remember to save my progress!)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

24 July 2005 19:17 (UK time)

I never finish off the "Rooftop Apocalypse", Papercut! I even checked the things out at the map editor to clip more time, but the problem is: the Arachnatrons certanly has too much health!!!! Well, could you send in the map after "Rooftop Apocalypse", my e-mail is santeri.piippo@regionline.fi (it's not the same which we were chatting, remember? But the yegorov e-mail is my parent's address and I have a personal address.), if it's ready?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

25 July 2005 00:59 (UK time)

Arachnatrons dont have too much health, you just need to try harder! Ok fine i see what you mean, even I never beat that map. It has far too many enemies, and the night time lagging the game, and the time limit for added pressure. but i dont really feel like editing to this point. i kinda want to leave it the way it is.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

25 July 2005 09:04 (UK time)

Aha. But I never get even to the part where the man says "AD Ashiell discovered in the correnct trunck exprect" or whatever he says! But is there any super-gun to beat the enemies? :p Let's see if the CivilWar's Enemy Headbase will be as difficult. I have put there at least a hundred enemies!(well, maybe not, i haven't counted them yet!)

Oh, by the way, where did you get all the soundfx? I have searched through all net!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

26 July 2005 17:28 (UK time)

oh you mean that conveyor belt where they find you using the scanner.

Well most of my soundfx came from the game DOOM, and from the game Abuse. The rest were done by yours truly
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

28 July 2005 09:31 (UK time)

Aha. There is a weird "joke" in your first map (the first installition). When I got the Code CD and returned back the pilot still refuses to take Ash Earth! :I

btw: I checked my Enemy Headbase (it's CivilWar's last map used) and (eeek!) it had over 300 enemies!!!

EDIT: Your Blackhole Mech drops the Smart disk but I had a Smart Disk door before you get the Code CD in the south.

Edited: 29 July 2005 11:07

d34db34t

13 September 2005 04:20 (UK time)

about the white dudes that are in groups of 4.

On The complex there are 5 behind the auto lock

edit: i've also finished <i>Rooftop Apocalypse</i>, you need the black keycard

Edited: 13 September 2005 04:22

arezey

13 September 2005 05:56 (UK time)

I know that! It's just too hard! I think you were cheating...

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use