You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: M1

d34db34t

12 January 2005 06:12 (UK time)

will there be any more M1 releases???

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

IMYSC2000T

13 January 2005 00:25 (UK time)

No, I think we're pretty much done with M1. We've moved on to bigger and better things (M2), and after that it'll be M3.... :p

Edited: 13 January 2005 00:25

James Bunting
13 January 2005 01:15 (UK time)

Actually there should be another release later this year, it will feature faster network play (it will pinch the code from M2). Thats about all really but don't get too excited as I can't guarantee anything.

IMYSC2000T

14 January 2005 07:12 (UK time)

Heh I'm not surprised to hear that. I knew if there was gonna be a nother M1 release it would be for maintenance....

Dave Man

14 January 2005 13:23 (UK time)

What about the beta mod of The city I made for M1, that would be nice to realease.

d34db34t

15 January 2005 04:49 (UK time)

can we submit any more maps for the new version?

James Bunting
15 January 2005 11:01 (UK time)

Do you mean the missing Army 101 levels or a new mod?

As for submitting new content for the M1 release build, single player is not really encouraged as the game is pretty much wrapped up. However multiplayer maps are always welcome but as I said earlier I can not guarantee that there will actually be a new release.

IMYSC2000T

17 January 2005 01:41 (UK time)

Why can't you though? I mean you plan to release it "sometime", don't you? Or else what would all the hard work be for?

Dave Man

18 January 2005 18:11 (UK time)

My new mod I sent you, called The City mod. If you need it again or my Nortin Antivirus screwed up when scanning the file and didn't send it to you just tell me. Also it's onl ya beta version, I won't make the full version of it unitl I get the M2 version of it done which I'm currently working on now.(but i still want it posted) I only made a beta version of The City mod as so to prieview the actual M2 mod figuring it will take some time to get the full versrion out for M2.

Edited: 18 January 2005 18:12

IMYSC2000T

18 January 2005 23:24 (UK time)

If it's not too big I could host it on my FTP too, if you want....

d34db34t

19 January 2005 06:06 (UK time)

for this new version?? you could include the stuff from the 'stuff that didn't make it...' section in the M1 change log

i also found a bug in which when i make a tile in the tile editor, set it as a special tile, choose its action, but when i click on 'USED TILE', 'LINK TILE' or 'USED LINK TILE', the game crashes

tiles with multiple link tiles??

hot seat Multiplayer Mode?

Dave Man

19 January 2005 13:27 (UK time)

So IMY...(I really don't know the rest of your user name) how should I get my mod to you, should I email it to you. If that is a yes then I would need your email address. Also, what the address of your website/fpt?

IMYSC2000T

19 January 2005 20:17 (UK time)

My FTP: <a href>http://proc.ca/administrator/</a>....

My e-mail: gee_dougg@hotmail.com....

Edited: 19 January 2005 20:17

Assain

20 January 2005 01:48 (UK time)

samhayward@earthlink.net

:D im open im my mailbox!

d34db34t

20 January 2005 05:17 (UK time)

i saw in an M1 forum thread from Sept. '03 that meteor 1.1.3 would allow mods to override Meteor's main credits.

however, this didn't come throught

perhaps it could be in the next M1 version? (if there is)

Dave Man

20 January 2005 13:21 (UK time)

You want me to email it to you too Assian? The mod is about 8 mb in size(though it could be smaller or larger but I know it is not bigger than 10 mb, I don't even think it is larger than 9 mb). If this is too big for your email server I could break it up and send it too you in packages?

me_mantis

20 January 2005 18:12 (UK time)

About this "city" mod. I think It may have survived a few computer switches of mine, and I may even be able to get it a pretty little link on meteormods.com. The only problem that may heve come of this is that ITS IMPOSSIBLE! I was unable to finish the 1st level. Maybe its just me, but it possibly too hard. However, that won't stop me from outting it on meteormods.com. I have access to a T3 internet connection on mondays and wednesdays, so I should get it up on monday. =)

Was is your mod or the WW3 mod with the cool song Do Re Me Fatso.mod? Where was that cong aquired?

Dave Man

20 January 2005 18:13 (UK time)

Okay, I got the actuall size, 4.47 Mb, I need confermation if your email sever can handle that large of a file (most can though) before I send it to you. I don't want to give any one excess charges because I maxed there email account. Once I get an confermation I'll send you the zip file.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 January 2005 18:20 (UK time)

I doubt my mod had Do Re Mi Fatso...
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

20 January 2005 20:40 (UK time)

Feel free to e-mail it to me. I know my e-mail can take up to 5 MB (atleast thats how much I can send at a time), but im positive that it can handle 10MB from e-mails comming in.

Dave Man

21 January 2005 13:29 (UK time)

Yeh, I'll email it to you Assian right away.

Dave Man

21 January 2005 13:32 (UK time)

I got some music from WW3 mod, others I made (only one) and the rest I got from Modplug.com. I got Do Re Me Fatso from, I think Modplug but there is a posiblity I got it from WW3, either way it's not mine. I have heard that some people can't beat the first level, espically the missle dudes, I don't know if they shoot to fast to doge or if you just don't know how to run and shoot at the same time. The only way to beat those guys is to continually doge them or throw a gernade at them and back up. If I receive any more complaints I will slow down the missle launcher shooting speed (if you think those guys are hard what about the mini-missle launcher guys?)

And PaperCut, I'm wondering what version you have, just tell me what the intro song is and what the last level in the mod is... if it's the wrong version I'll email the new one to you.

Edited: 21 January 2005 13:35

Assain

21 January 2005 21:22 (UK time)

Ok your beta mod is messed up completely.

1st of all, you forgot to place the main.til into the tile folder- the game doesnt start without it.

2. There are tons of things missing, like water, lava, sounds, ect. This can be fixed by me naming the folder base an overwriting the orignal base folder, but i dont like doing this.

3. My player starts out with 0 health.

4. There appears to be missing a box of bullets power-up. I might be able to fix this by overwriting the base folder.

5. The AK-47 appears on the player on its side, and not facing the direction of the player.

6. It appears your rocket shooters are not too bad, but it does seem impossible because they are backed up by snipers/machine guns, so running while shooting is extremely limited.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 January 2005 23:21 (UK time)

No no no, I meant MY mod as in Meteor-WW3 did not come with do re mi fatso. I never heard that song. And to be honest I had never played your mod yet!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

23 January 2005 00:17 (UK time)

Ok edit, i backed up my base folder and overwrote the folder.Alot of the graphical glitches are fixed but there are still problems (importaint ones).

1. The player still has no health. !!!

2. Most weapons have a 0/0 maximum ammunition.

3. You are missing a "Box of Ammo" power-up.

4. Let up on the difficulty for the first few levels

Dave Man

24 January 2005 13:28 (UK time)

Okay, that's a new devolpment, it plays fine on my computer. I'll have to double check the base folder, it might not be complete or what. Other than that did you actually overwrite the base folder or did you install the other base-the-city folder in the zip file?

For sprite images I'll have to go through my spr file and make sure that all of the images are in that folder, not in my actuall base folder.

I guess that I'll have the new update by the end of the week with all the fixes.

Also Me_mantis, I woudn't post my mod, unless your version is good, unitl I have a fix for this version.

You can easily avoid the machine gunners if you don't get to close! They can't fire if there on the edge of the screen, so shoot the missle guys first, then shoot the machine gunners. If you think there bad, wait tillyou see the MP4er's, they can shoot an even longer distance.

Oh, I think I know the problem, I made two versions, one I think Me_mantis has and the other I just made. THe one Me_mantis has I think works properly.

Edited: 24 January 2005 13:34

Assain

24 January 2005 16:11 (UK time)

K, i remeber your MP4 ppl from your "Army101" mod. I think thats what they were called, MP4 trooper. Agg... hated those guys, they were more like automatic snipers >_<

me_mantis

24 January 2005 18:37 (UK time)

<B>DAVE MANS CITY MOD IS ON METEORMODS.COM!</B>
I am not sure if it is the best version to put up, but it does work. At least on my computer. If there is a better version without any errors, Please send it to me via the contact link on meteormods.com. and ill try upload it. WHich mod song did you make?

Edited: 24 January 2005 18:38

40oz
 Official Sponsor

24 January 2005 23:53 (UK time)

How do you make your words bold or italicized?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

James Bunting
25 January 2005 00:43 (UK time)

You add HTML tags to your posts so bold is like <b>This is bold</b>, use <i>
for itatics

Edited: 25 January 2005 00:44

James Bunting
25 January 2005 00:46 (UK time)

I had a go with this mod earlier on (as soon as it went up I think). It looks very good, I am fighting through level 2 at the moment.

This mod is not for beginners!

d34db34t

25 January 2005 03:28 (UK time)

how do u change the colour of the text?

Dave Man

25 January 2005 13:27 (UK time)

Okay, I checked up on my latest version of The City mod that people said they were having problems with(well at least one did) and I found no problems. Everything worked fine. So I figure either you didn't instal it right(you have to install everything to the meteor folder not the base folder). Oh and if you think this mod is not for beginners, you should see the plans for my last mod in the seriers(this mod leaves off in an odd place). As before the trick for avoiding getting shot up close is to shoot them before they even get close while moving side to side. It should get easier as you get the better weapons like the glockenspiel-my favorite right next to the impacter cannon.

I'll send in my latest version of my mod right away. This will probably be the last verision for M1 thought as I work on my M2 version.

Also the only song I made for my mod would be the heartbeat tunes in the D.A.M.N. levels (a water D.A.M.N.). But those are in my newer version.

Edited: 25 January 2005 13:33

Assain

26 January 2005 01:28 (UK time)

<b><i>Oh</i>hh <i>YEA</i>HH....</b>

The Glocken-spiel.... there is somthing about holding a gun that has a rate of fire of about 500000 bullets per minute that makes shooting it eaither-

A. A waste of ammo/money

B. A HUGE (but great!) waste of 5 seconds it takes to blow off 500 rounds ;D.

C. A WHOLE lotto fun!

Also love the name... sounds very <b>cool</b> .... even though dont see how a german instrament (spelling...?) finds its way into the name of a gun lol... mabey you could make it so that when it shoots it makes the sound of bells hehe :)

Edited: 26 January 2005 01:31

Assain

26 January 2005 01:34 (UK time)

<b><i>In</i> case <u>you al</u>rea<i>dy di</i>dnt notice, im getting a little a<i>ddicted on ho</i>w your H<u>TML system works JB</u> ;D</b>

Now if i can only figure out how to get the font size and font style different <b><i><u>^_^</u></i></b>

Edited: 26 January 2005 01:38

James Bunting
26 January 2005 02:13 (UK time)

Actually I think my forum system cuts out font tags.

Lets see...

<font color="red">This is red</font>
<font color="green">This is green</font>
<font size="4">This is big</font>

Edited: 26 January 2005 02:14

James Bunting
26 January 2005 02:15 (UK time)

Aha it works so I was wrong about cutting out font tags.

Here is the code...

<font color="red">This is red</font>

<font color="green">This is green</font>

<font size="4">This is big</font>

<font size="4">BTW if you don't close your tags then it could screw up the rest of the page, if people abuse this then there will be trouble.

James Bunting
26 January 2005 02:16 (UK time)

Ok so it stops at the end of the cell, thats handy.

<font color="red">c</font><font color="green">o</font><font color="blue">l</font><font color="yellow">o</font><font color="brown">u</font><font color="orange">r</font>

Edited: 26 January 2005 02:18

Dave Man

26 January 2005 13:32 (UK time)

The point of the Glockenspeil is to kill either:
1-a large group of people at once
2-a bunch of heavy(I mean 500 HP) armoured driods

But a even better weapon is The impacter cannon which you will not get to see in this mod(unless you cheat) that weapon has a lower rate of fire but each shot has 150 damage, with 300 ammo. The gun littery rips apart enemys, destroys tanks in one shot, and is basically used to destroy driods easily.

I just sent in my new beta version of my mod, I think it should be up soon unless there are problems detected.

Assain

26 January 2005 21:27 (UK time)

<font color=grey><font size=5><b><i><u>Lol, dont worry JB, this discovery for me will cause only a temporary, overuseing addiction @(*0*)@!!!</b></i></u></font></font>

DaveMan, ill be sure to donwload this newer version, ill post back here and tell you what i think ;).

Edited: 26 January 2005 21:30

Assain

26 January 2005 23:48 (UK time)

Your mod is still unplayable. It cannot be played as a base folder by itslef for these resons:

1. No sound FX

2. Missing "main.til" (reqired for the game to run)

3.missing neccicary water, lava, acid, ect textures.

4. some sprites missing.

By over writing the base folder with the mod folder all of the above problems are solved, but these persist:

1. Player STILL has 0 health

2. Still missing the "Box of Bullets" powerup from the game

3. other bugs i cant think of at the moment :p

As you can see, your mod of the version on the site, is most likely the same unplayable version you e-mailed me :p

40oz
 Official Sponsor

27 January 2005 03:09 (UK time)

Hey, Since we are at the topic of mods, In M2, will it be possible to lock maps in mods? What I mean is, I hate when people edit my maps (Such as my brother, friends, cousins etc.) to make them have more health, more ammo, less enemies, easier to find keys, etc. Maybe some mods could have the ability to lock the editors.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dave Man

27 January 2005 13:28 (UK time)

Assian, how did you install the mod? I actually reinstalled by base folder mor M1 and then took out my mod for M1 and reinstalled it using the zip lfile and everything worked fine. I think your problem may have to do with how you install it.

And Paper Cut, greatd idea. I absolutely dislike people who edit maps to make it easier. That just ruins the mod itself.

Assain

27 January 2005 20:39 (UK time)

Ya i just had that idea today (!!!), because my mod that i plan on making, its based off of a game that specifically says in the user-agrreement "Do not edit the game!", for realism purposes. So i was thinking about going along the same lines, of not allowing an edit section, much like you can not allow a multiplayer section.

Assain

27 January 2005 20:50 (UK time)

What i did to intstall your mod:

1. Renamed the base folder so the game wouldnt read that as the base folder.

2. Named the "Base-City" folder to just "base" so the game would read that insted.

This caused the game to not function properly, so i realized your mod reqired the original base folder to work. Then i continued the steps after that as:

3. Made a copy of the re-named base folder.

4. Renamed the copied folder "base" (in another folder so it wouldnt come up with a "There is already a file that uses this name" error).

5. Took the copy of the base folder and overwrote the City base folder with it (i removed the game.ini file, the missions, and ect that the your mod would not reqire, or somthing that would mess up/overwrite *.ini files in the base copy before i did this).

The game loaded fine this time, but the player's health, weapon's ammo, and ect were missing. Ill try and install it the other way around (as in overwriting the base folder and not some of the base folder overwriting the city mod folder).

Dave Man

28 January 2005 13:24 (UK time)

Okay, here's yuor problem. Reinstall the orginall base folder for M1, then just unzip the file directly to your metoer forlder that contains the base file(do not unzip it into the base folder.) This should create a base-city folder automatically ready to play by using the mod manager. Your problems stem off of not having the orginal base folder which contains the items file which contains the box of bullets and HP... I made the zip file so it would autmatically install properaly to your meteor folder, no extra steps are required.

Assain

30 January 2005 23:12 (UK time)

Ahh yes. I gess i should DL the mod manager, never thought i need it though, so i never DLed it before :).

Agent Nightfire

14 March 2005 02:59 (UK time)

<font color="green"> wow that is cool if it works. let me see.

ok kool.
<font color="7">

Edited: 14 March 2005 03:00

arezey

02 September 2005 12:42 (UK time)

<font color=green>K<font color=cyan>o<font color=blue>o<font color=mangeta>l</font>

Edited: 02 September 2005 12:43

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use