You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Graphics: Do you need them?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Graphics: Do you need them?

Dave Man

04 January 2005 13:30 (UK time)

Since graphics take up so much space when making a mod, do you actually need them for the finished mod? I mean what if you delete the graphics that are only used for sprites when you got the finished sprites? Would the game still work?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

IMYSC2000T

05 January 2005 01:44 (UK time)

I'm not sure I know what you mean, but isn't it possible to omit inclusion of internal game sprites and graphics in mods to make them smaller?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 03:10 (UK time)

What he means by graphics, is the folder in the base folder that says graphics. The graphics are just a list of .pcx images that you can use to make sprites on the sprite editor. Actually I don't think theyre important, but you will need them in the making of your mod, but I think you can just delete them later. Don't take my word for it, I am just expressing what I think.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

me_mantis

05 January 2005 20:03 (UK time)

ok--
GFX are the largest part of a mod, execpt for music, and you <b>do not</b> need to include all the gfx from the base folder. Only those which you change. Same with the Meteor2 textures, sprites, sounds, etc.

Edited: 05 January 2005 20:05

IMYSC2000T

11 January 2005 03:03 (UK time)

PaperCut: Oh I know all that.

Me_Mantis: Heh that's kind'a what I said/thought.

Dave Man

11 January 2005 13:25 (UK time)

I have a sneeking supsicion that when you say base folder you mean the orginal base folder, I'm talking about the graphics (not the textures) from my mod base folder.

James Bunting
13 January 2005 01:17 (UK time)

Yeah I think I get the idea.

As I am sure you know you don't need any of the original base folder GFX in your mod folder.

In M2 the sprites do not contain the sprite images, they are loaded at run-time from the graphics folder so you need to leave them there. This is handy because you can edit them real easy (no editing sprites too if you see what I mean) and share each image across many sprites/frames.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use