You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  !!!WELCOME BACK!!!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: !!!WELCOME BACK!!!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

27 December 2004 02:39 (UK time)

YYYEEESSS!!! Papercut has returned after his unbearably long computer fast! I finally got a new computer for christmas and I couldn't be happier to be back!

This is my story. As very few of you may know, My computer some sort of virus. A virus that was slowly eating away my programs and making my computer freeze whenever i do anything with it. It was sort of like gambling, how the slightest move could ruin it.

Well thats mainly whats happening. By the way i have been doing sketches of a new mod I am going to make on M2. I am still coming up with a title but my highest choice is 'CRATER'. Still not sure what it will be about but I've made sketces on paper on certain characters and many different units. The game will take place in the far future, about 2800 A.D. perhaps. I will try not to use any units, sounds, music, or textures that are used in meteor 2, so this game will be a complete surprise inside.

At the moment, I think i have no way of being contacted besides on this website, so feel free to give me ideas and/or welcome me back lol
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

IMYSC2000T

30 December 2004 03:31 (UK time)

Welcome back! :p

BTW the Meteor 2 TC idea sounds good. Try to make some amazing futuristic weapons for it! :D

40oz
 Official Sponsor

30 December 2004 06:54 (UK time)

Oh yah definetly, but theyre not going to be the ultimate, high explosive, apocalypse causing, acid raining weapons that I dont like, though they will be high quality, but so will our armor. I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy it. I enjoy just imagining it. Evantually I will bring my imagination to life.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

31 December 2004 20:59 (UK time)

Heh. Well good. Of course I didn't mean weapons from Heretic to be mixed into the mod! I meant amazing weapons that blow you away (both literally and symbollically).... Think Total Annihilation and it's amazingly fast-firing, deadly weapons and lasers and what-not.... :)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

02 January 2005 20:59 (UK time)

Yah I see what you mean, but unlike most companies and modmakers, I make mods that I know I as in myself will enjoy playing. I enjoy playing meteor, and obviously everyone on this forum does too, so I am pretty sure you guys have my same taste in graphics and gameplay. So if I like it, you'll probably like it too.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

James Bunting
03 January 2005 12:06 (UK time)

Papercut you say? Oh yes I remember you now, you are the guy who made the final level for Meteor 1 and some mega mod.

Well its about time you got your PC working, I hope you are taking backups because I keep hearing horror stories from other users who keep loosing their maps!

We all bow to Papercut as one of modding greats (as well as Dave Man and me_mantis).

Assain

03 January 2005 20:41 (UK time)

!!!! Wow a new moderator to the team! (rolls eyes in jelousy lol... :D) !!!!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 January 2005 23:44 (UK time)

Lol, yep after hard work and some sucking up to James I was able to earn a new title. I kind of showed off to him that I knew more about the M1 story than he did lol.

For example, The Main Character's name is Seargeant David Ashley (or "Ash";). When he first got the message that the Meteor Ion Cannon System has been captured by storm by a group of terrorists, he was doing Training Excercises in Africa. General J.J. Hawkins chose him because he was the only one up for the mission. Seargeant David Ashley's actual mission was not to get involved with the fighting between the terrorist league and the Allied forces, but to complete a series of tasks that will get us closer to getting the cannon back. On the Final Mission of M1, Ash had to make a rushing attack on the cannon single-handedly, He was able to stop the enslaved scientists and technicians by eliminating the terrorists inside the Meteor Defense System (or MDS). When Ash thought he was in the clear and everything was safe, he was in a dark hallway, where there happened to be a terrorist in the control room. The terrorist pulled a switch that armed the MDS. Ash ran down the hall and disabled its ability to fire. He was also able to disable the forcefields to allow reinforcements to show up. From there the Allied forces were able to clear it up. On that same day, just 5 hours later, Ash was awarded 2 Medals of Honor for Courage, and Protection of his Armies. He was also awarded with the Title of Colonel Ash. About 6 or 7 years later, Ash was fishing at Swallow Lake, which is a lake nearby his hometown. He sort of took a nap at his fishing pole and began a flashback of when he saved so many lives from an Ion Cannon blast. He was awoken by a PDA message from General J.J. Hawkins, Saying that we're screwed again Lol. The entire story of M2 hasn't completely decided yet but this is the little(!?!) summary of the Novel I plan to write about Meteor. (At this point there is still a controversy whether the world is ready for the MDS.)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

05 January 2005 01:38 (UK time)

Crap! Do you have the story memorized or something?!

Edited: 05 January 2005 01:38

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 03:14 (UK time)

Almost, but actually i got a look at the story before i made the post, and then tried to addon as I went. Lol
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 03:18 (UK time)

Speaking of Ash's accomplishments, I forgot to mention how Ash payed a huge help to victory of World War 3. Though I forget the date it began and ended... I geuss I'll have to download my mod!!!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

05 January 2005 22:01 (UK time)

OMG ill be the first to buy your novel, make it dedicated to me :D!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 23:09 (UK time)

Lol I'll do that.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

11 January 2005 03:08 (UK time)

Heh under your nickname it should say "Official Meteor Story Development Head-Honcho"...! :p

Edited: 11 January 2005 03:08

me_mantis

12 January 2005 20:23 (UK time)

Don't worry. That is not the entirity of the story. Its just the beginning. (Nice job Jon). Although not much can be revealed, keep a close watch on the GNV technologies. And that other organization that may or may not exist: rod.

IMYSC2000T

13 January 2005 00:28 (UK time)

What does GNV stand for again?

Heh yeah this couldn't be the end of the story if we're gonna be seeing more Meteor games in the future, right?! ;P Heh!

Assain

13 January 2005 01:10 (UK time)

Eventually were going to have to change the name to somthing else because the Meteor storyline itself cant go on forever can it without it going through endless plots of GNV and Enemy revenge lol...

James Bunting
13 January 2005 01:22 (UK time)

Nobody actually knows what GNV stands for. They were invented in M1 by Leo Lam (www.dlsproductions.com), perhaps someone should ask him.

IMYSC2000T

14 January 2005 07:05 (UK time)

Global Nuclear Vengeance?! LOL! I don't know I'm just guessing.... Heh.

Yeah I'd like to see Meteor turn into something else a few years down the road.

Assain

14 January 2005 20:58 (UK time)

LOL i dont think so, they are going nowhere nuclear unless they actually start winning fights and stop using guns lol (if u know what i mean :D).

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 January 2005 21:51 (UK time)

Yah, GNV is a bit of a mystery, and If/when I make my novel, it won't explain much on GNV in it since it only has a small amount in the game. I am not sure if GNV is very wealthy or only owns a pile of dirt, but they could afford some pretty high quality weaponry in M1. They had 3 types of heli's with a massive amount of guns, their tanks were pretty well armored, (compared to the rest of the games tanks). I would have to say GNV is only slightly poorer than "THE ENEMY" since they could afford some really strong vehicles. But "THE ENEMY" had hired about a quarter of the worlds population in their army, and about 60 million vehicles, all which have been blasted by Ash lol. So obviously "THE ENEMY" is pretty damn rich. I don't know if this was said in my mod, but I preferred to think of the GNV as an African Rebel group that was formed when Zeralia had proved theyre religion/government impossible and the GNV just got ticked. Thats why they were performing secret operations in Zeralia in the Forest mission of M1. (Yes, I read the mission briefings too!)

The enemy and GNV and possibly ROD will not quit till they win, and Ash is just too damn good. Maybe we could add a backup team on M2 or even M3. Like maybe a differen't country to help us out, like Russia or something since Allied forces can't be THAT good. This game doesn't seem really believable. Or maybe in the story we find that Ash is possessed with artificial genetic technology that gives him faster movement, very accurate aiming, and many times faster reactions.

It does seem that the story of Meteor could go on forever. If there will be an M3 or M4, i must have only said about 10% of the entire story of Meteor.

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 14 January 2005 22:05

IMYSC2000T

17 January 2005 01:37 (UK time)

Sounds very, interesting, or weird, in a way.... Why not just have a "Large Corporations With The Help Of Corporate-Sponsored Dictators Trying To Take Over The World And Waging War In The Process And You Have To Stop Them" storyline?

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use