You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Guess what I found?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Guess what I found?

Agent Nightfire

28 November 2004 03:28 (UK time)

You will never believe this but I kid you not, there is a alternate solution to Adobe Photoshop that is FREE!! It is called THE GIMP 2.0 and I saw it on THE SCREENSAVERS. They say it may be sluggish at 1st but it is definentally worth it. It can do pretty much anything Adobe Photoshop can do. It will save you A LOT OF MONEY. (You know the stuff that can't grow off trees) Check it out. The site to download this is www.gimp.org and if you want to see the video clip of THE SCREENSAVERS show w/ it showing it go to www.g4techtv.com/screensavers/videos/index.html
(It should be the 5th one down as of 11/27/04)

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

28 November 2004 21:47 (UK time)

SWEET! Now i can make the sprites ive always wanted to and not have to borrow money from my friends money tree... or thats atleast what he calls it :p.

Zable Fahr

30 November 2004 07:29 (UK time)

Oddly I've tried it on WinXP and it always seems to freeze up my entire computer during the startup up (during the plugins initialization, program seems to lock the hard drive so nothing else can access it, happens each time, on both of my computers). If anyone knows anything about it I would appreciate it.

But you're right about it being a great program. I miss the massive amount of features that are available with Photoshop (and even more filters that are available online), but the GIMP is still a great program. I use it on Linux whenever I need any graphics editing.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use