You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  New TC! Doom Meteor!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: New TC! Doom Meteor!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

11 August 2004 05:23 (UK time)

Alright, Since hardly anyone pays attention to the M1 Forums anymore, Ill say it here.

Im making a TC that converts The original Player (Ash) to the Player on the hit-seller game of 1989, Doom! "The Doom Guy" (As I like to call him,) will have all the weapons he used when he was sawing demons and hellspawn in half when he was tearing through the trenches of the underworld! The Weapons are: Fisties (Including Berserk as a Seperate Weapon) The Chainsaw, The cheap Pea shooter (Handgun), Shotgun, Super shotgun or double barreled shotgun or combat shotgun or... (The weapon has about 6 seperate names, I think you can tell what it is) The Minigun, Rocket Launcher, Plasma Rifle, And the best... BFG9000! The weapons will also come with the original sfx supplied to me by ID sofware. Thx ID!

Once im finished that I'll be making maps on M2 that come seperately, based on the maps on Ultimate Doom, Doom 2, And possibly Final Doom. Thx to James' new sector engine. I wont be making Doom3 maps though. Heres why:

1) Maps will be overloaded with sectors and it will be pretty messy.

2) I don't even have that game yet!

So far Ive been drawing some of the weapons and they came out great. And i also have some maps planned, along with the original music from the game (And a few better sounding remixes) The maps i have planned out so far are:

Ultimate Doom/Doom 1: E1M1 - Hangar

Doom 2: Map01 Entryway

Doom 2: Map02 Underhalls

I plan to only do the first few levels in the game, since the maps would be pretty large and would take me a long time to perfect. Feel free to send me an email (Papercut1425 at yahoo dot com [watchin' out for spam bots]) about maps that you want to see, I'll be glad to make them for you, unless of course its too large and would be pretty hard to make. or you could just post them under my post right here.

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 11 August 2004 05:25

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Flammable Maniac

18 August 2004 06:14 (UK time)

COOOOOOOL!!!!

And its good you dont make Doom3 maps.... Doom3 itself is too scary :(

40oz
 Official Sponsor

18 August 2004 14:56 (UK time)

Man I want that game so much!! but im down to only small change and it will take me forever to afford it! James tells me that that game is insanely scary, so does all my friends who have it. Even some of my friends who play it dont play it anymore since theyve had nightmares ever since lol. Just the kind of game I want! I'm a huge Doom Fan anyway and i need to finish off my collection of doom games with Doom3. But i'll just live meteor 10 years in the past and use the ordinary doom. Feel free to post your favorite maps, I need some to make since I only have a few to do right now.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Grunt002
19 August 2004 02:42 (UK time)

"eeek, Doom 3 is too dark! and its so scary!"-Doom 3 newbies.
And does it include bonus/secret weapons? like pluse rifle?

Edited: 19 August 2004 02:42

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 August 2004 07:08 (UK time)

Are you talking about a secret weapon in my TC? I would doubt it since i dont know of any secret weapons in Doom 1 or 2. Do you mean the Plasma Gun instead of the pulse rifle? If so, thats included, it will also have the same firing sound thx to ID software! ;D

And its not just noobies that have nightmares from that game, it scares the hell out of even the most experienced gameplayers, I know someone who nearly never leaves the house trying to finish all his FPS's and he doesnt even like playin Doom 3 anymore. He says its not the type of game hes into but i know he crapped his pants while he was playing lmao! But thats the best part of a horror game, Its not like your watching a movie when the main character is a retarded bag of hammers, YOU get to be that retarded bag of hammers that knows how to use a gun! Man I want to experience that game so bad!! just watching 15 second movies and millions of screenshots just isn't enough!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

19 August 2004 09:30 (UK time)

Map 6 in doom 2... i think... the one were youre surrounded by mancabus and when you kill em, the walls goes away, and you must fight arachnotrons!

IT IS THE COOLEST MAP EVER!!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 August 2004 19:44 (UK time)

Doom 2 - Map 07: Dead Simple

Nice Map, Hard as Hell on the Ultra-Violence Skill (Literally) I like the music too. Ill get working on that. The Arachnatrons wont be able to be hidden on a map where you can see over walls and through the roof. But I'd still like to play it.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

19 August 2004 21:05 (UK time)

Oh yeah and of course that map where you go into a room where a cyber demon and a mastermind is in the middle! Its just that in Doom, the two monsters starts figthing eachother, which you cant make em do in M1...

Think the map is called trapped or something...

James Bunting
19 August 2004 21:56 (UK time)

Oh yes "Dead Simple" and "Gothca" are great maps.

Doom 3 scares the hell out of me too, I have got to the Delta Labs Sector 3, I dunno if I have the beans to go any further.

James Bunting
19 August 2004 21:56 (UK time)

Er may be its "Gotcha" hehe.

James Bunting
19 August 2004 21:57 (UK time)

may be its "maybe", anyway sorry to abuse the forum guys.

James Bunting
19 August 2004 21:58 (UK time)

Hmm or "maybee", no perhaps not. But I need to get some posts up on Papercut lol.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 August 2004 02:16 (UK time)

Hehe. Calm down James your like 30 some posts ahead of me

And its "Gotcha" and "maybe"

Gotcha is pretty tough. Getting the Cyberdemon and The Mastermind to fight each other isnt as easy as it seemed when I was cheating... That map is pretty sick though (I dunno if I have the feel to make that huge ocean of blood when you get out of the "Arena";) But I geuss I could make it.

How much Health should the Cyberdemon and Spider have? I know the Cyberdemon has more health but is easier to avoid, while the Spider uses his "rapid shotgun" or some sort of minigun that tears the place up but it has a little less health since its not as 'buff' as the Cyberdemon and needs skinn metal legs to manuever around. Hmm... will enemies fight each other if they accidentally hit each other like in doom? otherwise Gotcha is basically unbeatable.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

James Bunting
20 August 2004 12:16 (UK time)

Well if my memory serves me correct from the good old DeHacked days both the Cyberdemon and the Mastermind have 4000 hit points which is just daft!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 August 2004 21:26 (UK time)

4000??? Well I believe that for the Spider Mastermind but the Cyberdemon is pretty freeking strong!! I remember clearing the spider mastermind at the end of doom 1 in like 30 seconds flat with the plasma gun, but the cyberdemon took me like 5 minutes... I doubt both of them have the same HP... Maybe I should just make the weapons weaker...
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

21 August 2004 13:21 (UK time)

Yeah "Gotcha" is pretty large.... Hm..... And the part after the arena is kinda boring and "liketherestofthenormalmapslike".

Agent Nightfire

21 August 2004 21:45 (UK time)

Doom Meteor? Hmmmmmmm. Sounds good to me!

IMYSC2000T

30 October 2004 08:09 (UK time)

As an active (relatively anyway) member of the Doom community you have no idea how much it excites me to hear that. Please keep us updated on what's going on with this Doom Meteor of yours!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use