You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  How do I get access to the console drawn out of the window?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: How do I get access to the console drawn out of the window?

Dthdealer

17 October 2009 00:18 (UK time)

After managing to make M2 crash when running it under WINE, I was able to move the window around and view outside the normal draw area of the window. To the left of the normal M2 screen is the game console.

Being able to view this constantly would be a great help for script debugging rather than having to open and close the console all of the time with the tilde key to see where the compile error are.

How could I change the dimensions of the window but not the game resolution itself?

I'm guessing (insert heaven music here) James (end heaven music) had this visible in his debug versions.

I would upload a picture of it but I'm on the wrong computer.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 October 2009 06:04 (UK time)

I agree that would be handy.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dthdealer

27 October 2009 07:55 (UK time)

placeholder
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Dthdealer

27 October 2009 07:58 (UK time)

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

27 October 2009 11:38 (UK time)

wow i never see that. tho it would be handy indeed
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use