You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Blargh, frontpage

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Blargh, frontpage

mike323
31 August 2008 18:48 (UK time)

For anyone who's wondering why mike.jbgames.com hasn't gotten an update in a long while, it is because I have reformatted and have not been able to grab Frontpage from my dad's work yet. Will be updated asap.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

01 September 2008 04:07 (UK time)

mike.jbgames.com? ~X(
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 01 September 2008 04:08

Dthdealer

01 September 2008 08:38 (UK time)

Gak! Frontpage! Use a plain-text editor!
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

ParaSait

01 September 2008 17:52 (UK time)

Dthdealer wrote:
Gak! Frontpage! Use a plain-text editor!

Haha, I was about to say that too! You can even create web pages with notepad. Or if you need some extra functions, at least HTML-Kit. With the right knowledge, the best sites are created without any special tools. =)

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

DarkRain

01 September 2008 17:55 (UK time)

Mrazerty wrote:
[quote=Dthdealer]Gak! Frontpage! Use a plain-text editor!

Haha, I was about to say that too! You can even create web pages with notepad. Or if you need some extra functions, at least HTML-Kit. With the right knowledge, the best sites are created without any special tools. =)[/quote]

I have never heard of the plain-text editor. So you can create web pages with it. Sounds interesting.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

ParaSait

01 September 2008 18:08 (UK time)

@Dark Rain

Um... a plain text editor is just something like notepad. It's standard included on every version of every standard software packet. =D

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

DarkRain

02 September 2008 05:13 (UK time)

@Mrazerty

Oh, now I get it. But I still wonder why I haven't heard of this program before.

ParaSait

02 September 2008 17:20 (UK time)

@Dark Rain

Maybe because it's given a different name in your native language. In the Dutch version of Windows(mine), for example, "Notepad" is called "Kladblok" =)

DarkRain

03 September 2008 09:25 (UK time)

Mrazerty wrote:
@Dark Rain

Maybe because it's given a different name in your native language. In the Dutch version of Windows(mine), for example, "Notepad" is called "Kladblok" =)

Yeah, probably you are right. ;)

mike323
18 September 2008 05:33 (UK time)

Arg. Well I may just revamp the site again using Wordpress if James can give me access to a small MySQL database. I agree that Frontpage is very microsoft-y and is somewhat of a pain. Plus, I still don't have it. I may not be able to get it again.

James Bunting
22 September 2008 15:54 (UK time)

I am not even sure if the web server has MySQL installed.

PageBreeze is pretty good if u just want an HTML editor. Or if u can handle MS stuff just grab Visual Web Developer Express.

James

ParaSait

22 September 2008 19:29 (UK time)

nicefive wrote:
Or if u can handle MS stuff

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! Umm... OK, sorry, go on =D

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use