You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Where's the Meteor 3 forum?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Where's the Meteor 3 forum?

DarkRain

01 July 2008 06:10 (UK time)

When I logged in I noticed that the Meteor 3 forum has disappeared. What happened to it?
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Spy

01 July 2008 15:45 (UK time)

Oh My God! Your Absolutely Right! What Is This Sneaky Job, James??
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Dthdealer

02 July 2008 10:54 (UK time)

I hope he hasn't scrapped it!
If not, then can we keep it 2d :)
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

ParaSait

05 July 2008 18:10 (UK time)

It also disapeared on JBGames.com!

I really hope that James isn't up to what I think he's up to!!
SAY SOMETHING JAMES!!!

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Spy

06 July 2008 16:23 (UK time)

Oh My God! This Means R3D MAybe Considered...! EDIT: Wow Deja Vu!

Edited: 06 July 2008 16:24

Dthdealer

09 July 2008 08:38 (UK time)

It seems James has also stuffed up the Meteor 2 link on JBgames.com. Either that or I'm blind.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Janne

09 July 2008 08:59 (UK time)

I hope this is temporary.

Edited: 09 July 2008 09:04

Dthdealer

09 July 2008 09:41 (UK time)

It seems we have a member back everyone. Celebrate!
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

09 July 2008 11:40 (UK time)

Damn, the M3 forum is really gone. Even if you change "ForumId" in the address bar...

Anyway I hope it's something reconstructive instead of something destructive. Or James simply concluded that the development of M3 will take much longer than expected and he temporary deleted the thread to save memory.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

09 July 2008 12:01 (UK time)

I tried the forum ID URL change a when the event occurred, same results as you.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Spy

10 July 2008 09:38 (UK time)

Or, If His Dying?!

DarkRain

10 July 2008 09:53 (UK time)

I agree with Mrazerty. Maybe the development of Meteor 3 will take much more time.

Dthdealer

10 July 2008 11:06 (UK time)

*sob*
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

10 July 2008 13:03 (UK time)

James, if you read this would you please place a post in this thread and explain what's going on? PLEASE??

Spy

11 July 2008 17:38 (UK time)

IS HE GONNA SHUT DOWN METEORMODS OR SUMTIN?!

ParaSait

11 July 2008 20:45 (UK time)

Meteormods belongs to Me_Mantis, so that won't have anything to do with this Meteor 3 mystery. Meteormods is starting to get alive again BTW, because M_M has set up and upload thread to add some stuff.

Spy

12 July 2008 14:22 (UK time)

OH, I Never Knew That! lollollollollol!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

12 July 2008 15:08 (UK time)

Quote from: Mrazerty
Meteormods belongs to Me_Mantis, so that won't have anything to do with this Meteor 3 mystery. Meteormods is starting to get alive again BTW, because M_M has set up and upload thread to add some stuff.

That's actually not entirely true, James had made meteormods.com shortly after modding meteor became popular. Someone made a mod for Meteor that used ROD sprites or something like that, then Dave Man made this ''The City'' mod, me_mantis had his "Meteor: Afghanistan" in development. So to keep these great works from being lost in the forums and mostly forgotten, James made meteormods.com. Though due to lack of updates, me_mantis volunteered himself (or James volunteered him, not sure which) to update the site by showing him how to upload mods and other material to the site. James showed me at one point too but I had forgotten how to do it. I probably should have written the directions down or something. But that was how all my own maps got uploaded in the Meteor 1 map directory.

Anyway, I sent a few messages to James requesting that he join in our #jbgames IRC channel as much as possible. I'll make a news report when he does. He would probably be a lot easier to contact there than on these forums.

I also highly doubt he's dying, how would he have deleted the forum in the first place? I saw some of his youtube videos of him flying his RC Chinook and C130 Hercules that were posted only a couple months ago. He also remains signed into Yahoo messenger. Apparently he most likely is losing interest in the project by getting sidetracked with other things. Meteor is starting to get old at this point, It's glory days must have been over a year ago. I don't encourage you guys to stop playing it and modding for it though. I don't want meteor to be COMPLETELY dead.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 12 July 2008 15:16

ParaSait

12 July 2008 20:41 (UK time)

Don't worry, we will keep Meteor alive. It will be living like a plant though, but we WILL keep it alive ;P

DarkRain

12 July 2008 21:11 (UK time)

Yeah, Meteor will not die. We will do whatever we can to save it.

Spy

12 July 2008 21:35 (UK time)

No Sir!!, Meteormods Stays Alive Or Ill Eat My Hat!!

Dthdealer

13 July 2008 10:40 (UK time)

Maybe we should pitch in some money to advertise the free game.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

13 July 2008 12:36 (UK time)

Maybe promote it on free retro game forums? Like reloaded.org?

DarkRain

13 July 2008 13:53 (UK time)

Yeah, we should advertise Meteor.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 July 2008 01:32 (UK time)

well one of my heavily inspired ideas is to bring us all closer together through the IRC channel. A fun and popular chatroom should encourage people to stick around longer.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dthdealer

14 July 2008 02:49 (UK time)

How about we all advertise Meteor in our signatures/avatars in other forums?
EDIT: Do you think the ''Let free games grow'' line should be removed?
Credits to Me_Mantis as I used the BARSOR script for the over-lays.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 14 July 2008 03:14

ParaSait

14 July 2008 12:14 (UK time)

Very nice sigs, you got talent!

Oh and look at the Rod3d topic 'I didn't know!', because James gave an explaination concerning M3 =)

Edited: 14 July 2008 12:17

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 July 2008 14:42 (UK time)

I was actually just about to make a comment about the ''let free games grow''

It kinda sounds like we want people to play out of sympathy and not actually play it because it's good. It should probably say something about how flexible it's modding capabilities are, because that's the biggest selling point for me.

Unfortunately I don't host any sites that I can put that ad on.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

DarkRain

14 July 2008 17:48 (UK time)

I think I will ask some kind of company for T-shirts to make me a Meteor T-shirt. I will tell the people who work for the company what things I would like to have on my Meteor T-shirt.

Dthdealer

15 July 2008 02:21 (UK time)

Thanks for the complements!
EDIT:
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/8339/m2sigad01v2my0.jpg
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 15 July 2008 02:29

ParaSait

15 July 2008 13:29 (UK time)

@DarkRain:

T-Shirts are indeed a very good way to advertise something, but:
-It costs money
-They're not that easy to distribute; and sending them by post also costs a lot of money =)

So it's very expensive and as JB's games are free, there would be only investments and no income.

So I guess we'll just keep it with the sig pics XD

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use