You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Do I have a dodgy hosts.ini

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Do I have a dodgy hosts.ini

Dthdealer

09 May 2008 12:01 (UK time)

Attached is the image for the site disoluteproductions.com or www.dissoluteproductions.com.
Has my hosts.ini been infected? The google cache of the site proves that the site does not look like that. But I doubt it could have been infected as the file is locked by S&D and I'm running the no-script extension for firefox. Did I download something bad?
I sometimes get this with other websites too.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dthdealer

09 May 2008 12:05 (UK time)

I have just pinged the site for its ip, and I recieved 8.15.231.131 which directs me to http://blastsearch.net/ !
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 May 2008 16:48 (UK time)

ive seen that happen before to a forum site I visit frequently. I don't think it's an infection, but I can't remember how it was fixed, but I remember a lot of people using the picture of that girl and putting devil horns and red eyes a their avatar.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

09 May 2008 23:15 (UK time)

Well either you have something odd on yer comp or it has been "fixed" as for me it resolves to 66.96.134.43 and can get to the forum.

Dthdealer

10 May 2008 00:56 (UK time)

Works today.
I checked the forums and they reported the site was down yesterday.
Sorry for posting about this, but I get a little scared when I run boot-scans and registry checkers to find nothing.

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use