You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Meteor 2

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 2

CC_Machine

10 March 2007 15:50 (UK time)

Hi I'm CC_Machine,You might know me from www.cubeengine.com and I'm here to ask when the final version of Meteor 2 will be released,I'm asking for the stable 1.3 since it is currently beta and I believe it fixes the random crash bug or atleast James will fix it in the stable version,When will the final 1.3 be released exactly?Is it gonna take a long time?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Erik

10 March 2007 17:23 (UK time)

hello? the beta was released for not so long ago! LOL

40oz
 Official Sponsor

10 March 2007 19:45 (UK time)

Even the latest version has a few cases of random crashes, though it isn't as common as the previous versions. It was released not long ago, as Erik impolitely puts it, but there has been no official release date, or expected release date, or even a time scale.

From what James Bunting (the creator) tells me, he is currently in the process of already working on what will soon be Meteor 3, that will possibly be run in OpenGL format. I've gotten a peek at some screenshots and even some ingame footage. It looks like it runs using the same sector engine, though the sectors have adjustable height values, allowing the ability to make tall walls, and buildings.

Though Meteor 2 is still being worked on, as we have seen from our recent beta update, though it will probably be a while until the full game is up. James tells me he works from home, so he rarely has a lot of time to balance out his work and his gamemaking. Still have faith that it will come out, but it could just be quite a while from now. I don't even get a lot of time to talk to him personally, though if I can get some expected release dates, I'll post em up as news.

In the meantime, I'm trying to round up as many people as I can to start making mods and TC's. If you'd like to submit in any work with meteor that you've done, feel free to do so. If you'd like to check out any new meteor stuff, you may want to take a peek at meteormods.com. It's got quite a few full mods for Meteor 2 and Meteor 1.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

CC_Machine

11 March 2007 06:29 (UK time)

Wow,Will Meteor 3 be moddable and will it be easy to create models for it?
Do I have to use an external program[Milkshape]To create characters for Meteor 3?
I hope that Meteor 3 won't take away the fun of modders if it will be hard to mod.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

12 March 2007 03:12 (UK time)

I wish i could recall exactly what he had told me last time I discussed it with him, which was months and months ago, but I think I had asked him whether M3 would be even harder to mod, and he said he was going to try and reproduce its modding capabilities to be a more like M1's. So it may even be easier to mod than M2? I'm not completely sure, I'd have to give him a buzz and find out.

Though he did say that there will not be an ingame model editor =(. You'd have to use an external program, and James is in fact currently using Milkshape to produce his models.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 12 March 2007 03:13

CC_Machine

12 March 2007 07:41 (UK time)

Damn,Those modellers are shareware,He better give support to a freeware model editor like Blender3D,It is hard but heck it is free and rather powerful.

BTW Can I make not-animated models with Wings3D for Meteor 3?
It will make modeling easy but without animations.

Edited: 12 March 2007 07:42

me_mantis

13 March 2007 15:57 (UK time)

blender 3D will be able to model things, but you'll probably hafta rig them in milkshape. (blender should be able to do milkshape anyways.)

We just don't want this to turn into a help with blender forum =P

40oz
 Official Sponsor

13 March 2007 17:23 (UK time)

omgwtfidontgetthisblender3dthingthisprogramsux0rz,iclickaroundbutnothinghappens?wtfhacxs!icantmakemodels!!!somebodyhelpmeorimgonnagatrlymadkplzthxbye
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 13 March 2007 17:24

me_mantis

16 March 2007 20:21 (UK time)

lol don't spam

me_mantis

16 March 2007 20:21 (UK time)

lol ^^

JohnnyRancid

16 March 2007 22:25 (UK time)

rofl @ papercut

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use