You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  CrashTest

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: CrashTest

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2007 17:58 (UK time)

I just tried that crash test thing out. It's fantastic! It works out great the way it is, however there are a few tweaks I'd like to point out that would make it better.

The comical crash sound (sproioioing!) is annoying after about 2 or 3 crashes.

And the sound should play louder or quiter depending on the original velocity of the object, so that if cars are stuck in a wall and still trying to drive wouldnt repeat the crash sound a million times until it is moving again. And the sound would play really loud if you hit something at full speed.

I noticed the bug people found about walking through walls. IMO, this isn't that much of a bad thing. The reason why is because it bothers me how guys on waypoints and guys that follow you can just nick tiny corners and come to a complete stop. If they can just walk right through them, you barely notice it, and you dont have to walk around the corner to re-direct them.

If there's a way to keep that effect, but not work on drastic things such as walking completely through a brick wall, or through entire objects, that would be awesome.

If not, then at least make that effect not effect the player object if it is not a vehicle, but still work on other objects.

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use