You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Because I didnt make the Screenshot contest....

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Because I didnt make the Screenshot contest....

Assain

12 April 2006 02:50 (UK time)

I'd thought I would post them here :)

I have to say, some of the screenshots at http://www.westwood.com (for the C&C SS contest) were pretty good, but some of them seemed so simple and easy to create compaired to mine... yeah, that was a bit of jelousy from me :)

Well, this is the screenshot that I thought would make it if any of my SS woulda made it:

Oh, and congrats for making it into the hall of fame mantis ^_^

EDIT: Forget it, attachments arent working... again.

My SS was of the Ion Cannon in a TS mod blowing up a giant chain reaction into an enemy base.... with a "scripted" (not really) battle set up around it, and some nice Disruptor Tank beams forming a K (my signature).

I kinda felt that the screenshots were alittle biased, considering two screenshots were of the exact same place and moment in a TS campange (with almost the exact same stuff going on), and most of the screenshots were of Generals anyways...

Although, it says there is 1 more week left. I might go back to my screenshot (i saved it in-game), and change it around to attemp a more dramatic solution. I have one in mind.

Edited: 12 April 2006 02:54

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
12 April 2006 08:22 (UK time)

Testing...

Assain

12 April 2006 12:15 (UK time)

Ah yes, never mind. Turns out I was hitting the upload button before the "Browse" button :p Ill try again:

me_mantis

12 April 2006 14:43 (UK time)

Nice screenies!

I hope I win... VOTE for the RA2 picture of the tanks falling off the bridge into the water!

=D

arezey

13 April 2006 12:36 (UK time)

Yes it is good and also a bit funny when you think it as the way that there is 1 man that can smash 15 tanks with a single bomb and a river... I laughed for 10 hours for that (and I still laugh!)

me_mantis

13 April 2006 17:35 (UK time)

Its still funny 4 me, because that #1, it was online and I was going to lose, and B. I DID IT TWO TIMES IN A ROW!!!(yep.. he fell through that bridge twice, and lost 25 tanks)

Assain

14 April 2006 01:09 (UK time)

I entered another screenshot to the contest, its a picture of an Ion Cannon blasting in the center of a base, with a chain-reaction explosion in the shape of an "X" blasting through the base from the center of the Ion Cannon, and the base's army "evacuating" the chaos. Sounds alot better on paper than it really looks though, as i think somthings missing from it. But ah well, hopefully it might make it in ;)

I was also going to do another screenshot tomarrow wwith basically hundreds of units in the center of the screen/base, with a unit thats different from the rest thrown in. It'll be apropriatly title "Wheres Waldo?" :D

Assain

03 May 2006 23:19 (UK time)

Ok... so i didnt make it in. I'm alittle disappointed in the screenshots, there were alittle too many screenshots of un-released mods (CWC mod), and stupid ones like a nuke falling on people's heads... but anyways here is some of them ;)

VR_Rat

04 May 2006 00:52 (UK time)

Wow, I'd hate for that to be my base =D. I keep hearing and seeing all these mods and such for tiburium sun(only c n c in the family) yet I haven't found any. Wouldn't do much good anyway cause I don't have access to it anyway =(.

me_mantis

04 May 2006 14:27 (UK time)

I'm sure there are plenty mods avialible at modbd.com

Assain... I wanna bigger screen res in ts... how do i do that?

[heh heh.. the fusion spike!]

Edited: 04 May 2006 14:30

Assain

04 May 2006 21:28 (UK time)

Just go to options+video, and you can change your resolution. If not, i'm sure the ini file has a setting.

Yeah, I used the mod "Tiberian Future: A Dying World" at http://www.ppmsite.com . DEFINATLY the most explosively satisfying mod out there for TS, plus it has sweet loading screens, and its semi-recent too ^_^

What I used to create the X effect was a chain reaction of GDI Implosion Mines, which pretty much have a set of 3 sweet explosions after another when they get destroyed. So naturally I just fired an Ion Cannon in the middle, and tried to create an effect of an army trying to escape the explosion, but its kind hard to notice at the resolution I used and the size of the base XD

PS: The picture AYBBTU stands for "All Your Base Belong To Us!" :)

me_mantis

04 May 2006 22:00 (UK time)

I just noticed.. thats a chronoshpere LOL!!!

VR_Rat

04 May 2006 23:51 (UK time)

I remember seeing some ALL YOUR BASE movies before. I wounder where they went to. I used to have one.

Assain

05 May 2006 11:50 (UK time)

Yeah, in the mod it acts as GDI's "Ionic Powerplant", pretty much the high-tech level powerplant that gives out all the power you will ever need.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

05 May 2006 14:55 (UK time)

Enjoy!
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

VR_Rat

06 May 2006 00:45 (UK time)

Thanks. It is different from the other two versions I saw. One of them had a scene from Sonic Adventure 1 where sonic was holding a Chao and for its name it says ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US. For thoses who don't know in Sonic Adventure 1 a Choa says it's name in a speach bubble when you pick it up =D. Thanks again.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use