You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  Explicit Material?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Explicit Material?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

15 February 2006 01:30 (UK time)

Just for the reference, is there any limits to things in mods such as amount of blood and gore, or the use of language?

Just saying because there may be some strong language in the dialogue of a mod im working on and I don't want anyone to be offended in any way. The language will only be used in the briefings, no in-game cursing. Assuming that mature people will take the time to read the briefings, as opposed to more immature players going right into the action. Blood isnt an issue in my mod.

But if some words such as the "F" word are not allowed, please let me know, and I'll fix it ASAP.

Happy Valentines Day.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

arezey

15 February 2006 12:20 (UK time)

Hmmm, why not give 2 versions of the mod, like the "f" word mod, and then a version where these words are censored with "*"s?

Rondom

15 February 2006 16:51 (UK time)

Is very good it know that some persons exist worried with that, mainly itself those persons are the moderators. I liked the idea of the diferent versions, mainly because already to a long time I come thinking about that therefore some of my maps has that kind of word (but with some censor). And also it exists the problem of the translation, now, the world already knows about the existence of the Meteor, that is very good, however those persons are going to show his work for the other, but AND THE LANGUAGE??? It would be much laborious (or not, after all do not I know for certain as do this) do 2 or more verssions of the same product itself and that u understand me.. I think that would be very helpful went established an only language (English I prefere, by be a language that barely everybody study since the school)

arezey

15 February 2006 17:47 (UK time)

Yep, I agree with you Rondom.

I'm pretty much thankful that someone are worried about their lanquage, here should be more cases (not too many still!!)

VR_Rat

15 February 2006 20:36 (UK time)

I personaly ignore cursing altogether.

mike323
15 February 2006 22:20 (UK time)

I think any mod can have any amount of explicit content, as long as a warning is included somewhere in the installer.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

15 February 2006 23:46 (UK time)

I may have to agree with mike, I will include a readme.txt that notifies that there is a use of language in it.

I honestly dont think its neccesary to upload two exact mods with few changes in the mission briefings. And personally I think the use of Asterisks is gay, as it pretty much tells you what the word is just by the use in context.

any other objections comments or suggestions, I am still open to this topic.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 15 February 2006 23:49

me_mantis

16 February 2006 14:50 (UK time)

Adding ***s is just as bad as adding tha words the represent. You really don't need words like that to make a game fun, and some little meteor2 players might get banned by their 'rents if they find out.

Try funny words instead =D

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2006 20:49 (UK time)

Agreed. **** is no different than the actual word, everyone should know what that means. Especially by now.

But I know that the words arent going to make the game fun, but in this situation, theres dialogue of someone who has gone completely insane, and this is a very tense moment.

It's not like: "I'm gonna let you poo heads die! I'm gonna let you poo heads die!!"

Humorous things like that completely burn in an instant, the tense feeling that the people and description of the situation is emphasizing. My storyline has just about no humor at all. The story is supposed to be graphic and really get you involved with whats happening, similar to the storylines of Half-Life or Halo.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 16 February 2006 20:56

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use