You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  M2 Promotion!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: M2 Promotion!

mike323
29 January 2006 06:20 (UK time)

Here at the M2 forums, we have a small community which has about 12 dedicated members, and a vast assortment of members who come in for help, and leave.

I think we should promote M2 a little more, such as posting it on more free download sites and maybe advertising JBGames and Meteormods directly in M2 in appropriate places (Meteormods link during scripting errors, JBGames while on Mods menu).

Bottom line: Why not expand the JBServer forums a little more?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

29 January 2006 06:42 (UK time)

You want more people addicted to M2 modding?

arezey

29 January 2006 07:11 (UK time)

How "expand the JBServer forums a little more". What do you mean with it?

If you would like more members, I would look for any finnish download sites and take care of those. That <b>might</b> give us new members. Sounds like an idea?

Mod_Maker

29 January 2006 14:22 (UK time)

I know a way to make users more active in the forums. Just promote more peoples. For exsample: Me and FBI are forum veterans, but quited long ago course lack of intrest, login problems and a little guy named "Erlend", that made life a living hell for us. Why dont Jamie makes us reconized member?

It it be couse he wont, be course he dont feel like it or...
Be course he just forgot?

Mod_Maker

(PROMOTE US!!! AND WE SHALL BOMBARD THE SITE WITH BEAUTIFUL MAPS!)

Was this really FBI?
(no longer an active user)

29 January 2006 15:01 (UK time)

A phpBB forum could be the ideal thing! ;)

VR_Rat

29 January 2006 15:53 (UK time)

How would you define a veteren? How long you've been on the forums or how many posts.

arezey

29 January 2006 16:05 (UK time)

Now who was Erlend? Was he the one who almost always said the gas one? I've seen a few posts of that guy. Thank god that doesn't come out anymore...

Edited: 29 January 2006 16:11

mike323
29 January 2006 18:30 (UK time)

It doesn't matter if you've joined a long time ago but quit for lack of interest. Everyone on the forum is <b>equal</b>, except for the Founder (James) and the Mods. Otherwise, you still get little forms of recognition such as "Recognised Member" and "Official Sponsor." Remember, Members are the same as either one of those forms of recognition, just with a different name tag. You wanna be recognised? Then do something for the site, etc.

Switching to a forum like pHpBB would completely leave James' original <u>AD-FREE</u> (except for the google ad banner which IMO isn't that annoying) forum service behind, completely rendering all of that work useless. Many other details such as attachment uploading you'd have to pay for on another forum service.

Edited: 29 January 2006 18:31

Was this really FBI?
(no longer an active user)

29 January 2006 19:14 (UK time)

That's true! Im agree with you, that what James done is incredible. The problem is that people is more used to phpBB forums, and i personally think there would be more people here if this was a phpBB forum.. Thats all i had to say, thank you! :)

Assain

29 January 2006 20:37 (UK time)

If you want some more people here to help around and play the game online, then you guys need to spread the word about M2, EVERYWHERE you go on the internet and at home.

I, myself, havent so far mostly because i dont feel M2 is "ready" as far as bugs go and other things that will be implemented in the future that might discourage someone.

Of course, I am just being perfectionist :)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

29 January 2006 22:10 (UK time)

Frankly, I think there is a fairly decent amount of members and Meteor fans, It doesn't exactly need to be promoted anymore than it is now, just needs to be reccomended to a few more freeware game sites.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

mike323
29 January 2006 22:16 (UK time)

Well thats what I mean. You don't think getting more members here is a good idea?

Mod_Maker

30 January 2006 13:40 (UK time)

Hmm... FBI and I have made many meteor maps, but only uploadet a few. If you look in the meteor 1 map section. And we were early members. Aleksandri you came like half a year after us.

So why dont you make us recongnised member? School has taken over our lifes and we dont login to the forums every day. We are back now and thats what matters. PROMOTE US!!!!!!! Dang...

Mod_Maker

PS: Dont hate me for this FBI, but the reason why you got more than double posts than me is be course you sometimes spam on the forum, with messages like: "Okay" and "Right." or just simpely ";)".

No offence.

Edit: No one really remember us.. Except from James and maybe me_mantis... PaperCut, Erlend *sigh* and....

Course you guys are the new generation of member 2 forum members.
You should teach experienced oldies some respect! o.O

Edited: 30 January 2006 13:43

me_mantis

30 January 2006 14:56 (UK time)

Me remembers y'all, and I'm glad you are back. Although it would be cool to make you recognised members, and then wait for you to send in maps, it works the other way around. I'm thinkin that most ppl here are modders, and thats why thay are recognised. I think it would be kind of cool if instead of being "recognised" members, you should get into catagories like "modder" "mapper" "debugger"
That way ppl would know at a glance what you do with meteor.
Every recognised member has a bit of their work in meteor 2, or meteor 1, or has, or is creating a mod.

I'm a mod, because I update www.meteormods.com , I made a few MP maps in meteor1, I modded Meteor 1, I made missions and graphics and objects for Meteor 2, I reported bugs in both games and a few more things you don't know about yet.

arezey

30 January 2006 15:08 (UK time)

Of course I remember you ModMaker, and FBI too. And I'm glad you are back here.

Mod_Maker

30 January 2006 15:34 (UK time)

Thank you all. I might have misunderstod your posts. FBI and I have been making alot m1 maps, but they were never uploadet. I am currently working on a mod. I dont know when it will be finished, but it will take some time. It is going to be a BHD m2 mod (Black Hawk Down). I am gonna focus at the war in Somalia (I belive thats what its called) and it's gonna be very similar to your afgan mod Me_mantis :( sorry bout' that.

Mod_Maker

Edit: Will I have to wait for my mod is finished to you make me reconised member, or should I send in 1 map of it and call it a preview?

Edited: 30 January 2006 15:37

arezey

30 January 2006 19:52 (UK time)

Well, I needed to finish my mod to become a Recognised Member. :) Well, 1 tip. Focus on the mod, how good it will be and so on instead of your future Recognised Member status.

Mod_Maker

30 January 2006 20:00 (UK time)

Of course, but when its called "recongnised member", then its just for members that have quited and started again.

If i made a brillant mod, then i should get something like "Mapper" or "modder". I just think that its a little odd to use the recongnised member tag wrong.

arezey

30 January 2006 20:23 (UK time)

There are just 5 mods done. If you would make 1 you really get seen, because mods are respected here. I quess it's that... Maybe I'm wrong, but who knows?

Edited: 30 January 2006 20:23

Assain

30 January 2006 20:41 (UK time)

I remeber when you guys joined :)

I got the "Recognized Memeber" for submitting my mission for the M2 campange, I thought the only way to get it was to help with Meteor and M2 (its developemnt), even though james has YET to put in the campange my updated version of my map, which fixes alot of bugs and adds features/flavors (COUGH JAMES COUGH!) when I emailed the map to him.

I think the "rankings" are abit mis-leadeding.

Recognized Member, i GUESS we could keep that, but only folks who actually helped with the physical development, such as a game code or several maps for the offical campange/multi-maps.

A "Mapper" rank for someone who subits a map to the website

A "Modder" rank for someone who submists a mod to the website

Stuff like that.

VR_Rat

30 January 2006 23:14 (UK time)

Its got to be more than just one map or mod for the rank.

mike323
30 January 2006 23:40 (UK time)

Guys, if you ask for promotion, you lower your chances of getting promoted.

VR_Rat

30 January 2006 23:45 (UK time)

I'm not asking, I'm just saying that it can't be so simple to be promoted.

Edited: 30 January 2006 23:46

GAU-8 vs Life

31 January 2006 13:26 (UK time)

A better way to gather more dedicated fans of Meteor: let PC and Game magazines include Meteor 1 and/or 2 on their enclosed CD:s. That's how I ended up here. Well, I'm not even spending 1% of my time playing Meteor and even less time here at the forums. Not to mention that it took me over two years before I got a login. But if Mr. Lazy made it to this point, what if Mr. Freak become aware of M1 & M2 and JBServer? In a nutshell: JB should send M1 and/or M2 to Game writers!

arezey

31 January 2006 15:36 (UK time)

(COUGH!) Actually, he has already. <a href="http://www.allegro.cc/depot/action">http://www.allegro.cc/depot/action</a>

40oz
 Official Sponsor

31 January 2006 20:59 (UK time)

(COUGH) Getting recognised is basically being a personal friend to James, rather than set goals in order to get upgraded, were not playing boy scouts here.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

VR_Rat

31 January 2006 22:45 (UK time)

Hey it's not THAT easy to go up a rank in Boy Scouts.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

31 January 2006 22:53 (UK time)

I personally don't care about rank. We're all here to have fun and bounce ideas. When people do make mods/maps they are recognised for it within this community.

I agree with Mike323 that links and screenshots for M2 should be posted on many game sites.

mike323
31 January 2006 23:47 (UK time)

"Project Status: Completed (100%)"
uuh?

VR_Rat

31 January 2006 23:55 (UK time)

It might just be me but I think your on the wrong thread Mike323.

GAU-8 vs Life

01 February 2006 12:49 (UK time)

I know Meteor is there, at allegro, and updated fairly often (more often than most crap (and most of the good stuff too) found at fileplanet and such). But it's a long time ago since I last saw it at the shareware department on CD:s from big computer and game magazines like PC Games.

me_mantis

01 February 2006 16:56 (UK time)

I think we should have a Meteor 2 tee-shirt making contest next =D

"Hey it's not THAT easy to go up a rank in Boy Scouts." Depends what country yer in. I'm an Eagle Scout =P, but that didn't get my rank here upgraded to moderator.

"it's gonna be very similar to your afgan mod Me_mantis :( sorry bout' that"

NP! If you wanna use tha stuff in my mod, go right ahead! I'd be honored.(and you could use my name in tha credits of course =
D)

Edited: 01 February 2006 16:59

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use