You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  General  \  ENet Forum

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: ENet Forum

James Bunting
05 October 2005 00:33 (UK time)

Some people may have noticed that a new forum has appeared entitled "ENet" which has been setup to dicuss the ENet networking library.

This forum has been set up on behalf of Lee Salzman (the creator of ENet) and should be of little interest to Meteor forum users.

We are trying to encourage ENet people to post in the forum (they currently use an old mailing list), therefore if people post inappropriately in there then the whole ENet forum could turn into a disaster (which is bad because it was all my idea).

I am writing this because a Meteor forum user has already posted 2 "humourous?" posts in the ENet forum (one of them had very large text which lead to disallowing font tags in all posts). In the Meteor forums this sort of stuff can be OK but the ENet guys are new to these forums and take can things quite seriously.

The offending posts have been deleted. But could people please be careful about posting to non-Meteor forums in future, just bare in mind that these guys are not into Meteor. I don't run these other forums and don't want to have to explain the actions of "my" users.

I suspect that I will need to split the forums up more by removing the forums list (and the drop down box up the top right). Basically access to the forums could be by forum home pages only? What do people think?

James

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

me_mantis

05 October 2005 04:14 (UK time)

I must say that although it may be convnient to have the same username, password and account for multiple forums, I would have to say that unless you have somthing useful to say, you really shouldn't be saying it.
I think that unless everyone uses all the jbserver.com forums, they don't really need to see renegade posts along with Meteor 2 chat schedules.
I also think that the "recognised member" status can be confusing on different forums. If this could not show up on forums other that the meteor 2 forums, that would be handy.
The only thing that I have to contribute to the enet forums is that I names my home network ENET. I didn't consider this worth posting a thread though.

arezey

05 October 2005 14:52 (UK time)

You mean like having my initial grading (recognized member) being effected in the M1 and M2 forums and having new grades for ENet and RZ? It would be a handy thing, could avoid confusion with new Enet people. I think having the ROD Forum with the initial ones for if I understand the old news right, Meteor was made "through" ROD and Meteor 2 "through" ROD 2. Went right?

Well, if the Enet is going to use new grading, I suggest this:

ENet Founder - Jbserver Founder (that's James)

Forum Moderator (maybe this should not be changed, it's not related just to Meteor)

Recognized Enet user (this is at the same value as Recognized member but you would need to prove it with Enet. I mean with this that if you would get the promotion by Meteor [like a mod], you would still be a member in Enet)

Default Enet User (all members that know something about ENet)

Newbie (a new member that doesn't know anything about Enet but would so like to)

Sub User (a member that needs help and fast for he can't just get it)

**** Special Grades ****

Recognized Suggester (a member that has suggested a lot of functions and stuff)

Official Sponser (a member that has donated some money [the only initial is Fuzinavl])

Newbie's Help (a special member that is so good at Enet that you would first ask from him)

Good enough?

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use