Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: LAN Party

hackinator

01 October 2005 20:35 (UK time)

hey!
its leakage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Look at tyhe pic
You wish you could do this
You think you can, BUT you will be able to soon. I will explain the historical significance of this really soon!

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

01 October 2005 21:09 (UK time)

YOU THINK YOU AND YOUR ABUNDANCE OF COMPUTERS ARE SOO GOOD! :*(

mike323
01 October 2005 21:13 (UK time)

Hey alexs which one is you?

arezey

01 October 2005 21:16 (UK time)

the teal one

Assain

01 October 2005 22:08 (UK time)

?? Hes not there, that is Mantis's LAN party over at his house in St.Petersburg!

Aleks lives in Finland ;)

arezey

01 October 2005 22:10 (UK time)

Oh, i thought you were talking about the chat

And, which one is paul?

OH, and we would need a MP Game Hoster in the chat immediatly

Edited: 01 October 2005 22:15

Gordon Freeman

02 October 2005 00:12 (UK time)

You're liking my map?
There have been issues with conveyor speeds and M2MP max-movement type things relating to the network code; I've amended the map but I'm not sure the changes have been propagated yet.

me_mantis

02 October 2005 04:07 (UK time)

Gosh.. M2 is MP?!?!?
Who would have known?

LOL I wish y'all could have been there.(here?)

About that picture: I am taking it, and I was not in it. I cannot say what game we are playing(maybe its meteor 2 maybe its meteor 1), but I can say that its totally buggy. We had server crashes every 5 minutes. 1 person in that picture has posted on the meteor forums, 1 person helped leak the m2 leak video, 1 person is soon to be playing in the resolution of 320X240 because the computer is the only one under 2ghz, and 1 person is about to say,"Sit down Noob!", just before he is blown away with a shotgun.

About those maps:
The conveyor choas maps walls are hard to see. You shouldn't have the fusion cannons, b/c they only give 1 shot, and everyone dies.
The king of the castle maps conveyor belts are so fast only the host can access the middle.
The GNVResearch map was rated best of the party.
The Highwaymap crashed often.
The Mine map was ok-- maybe needs some different weapons.
The Bog was fun =D
The GeneralJ_Meleev1 was cool.. Ill send that out
The Peir map was awesome when you camped out under the powerups.
the Cooking map crashed soo much we skipped it.(the net codes fault.)

The airscout Stinks! we couldn't kill anything with them.
The sniper rifle stinks. It takes way too many shots to do anything, and its hard to aim. Its damage should be upped.
The flamethrower we played with was modded by myself to spray bursts of fire, and this helped it immensely.

btw... im not in st.petersburg, but w/e!

Edited: 02 October 2005 04:26

arezey

02 October 2005 05:58 (UK time)

THAT'S M2 MP!!!!
I hate yo moderators, always get the newest version first.
Did you use my map too?

*cries* :'(

please, release the mp version of M2 soon, please?

Flammable Maniac

02 October 2005 14:54 (UK time)

Ha! I have a 90mhz and two 133mhz computers for everending C&C, Red Alert, Duke Nukem, Blood, Dungeon Keeper, Carmageddon and DooM I + II lan parties ;D

M1 and M2 may be great, but nothing can beat a good C&C mammoth/stealth tank rush!

Edited: 02 October 2005 14:55

Assain

02 October 2005 16:54 (UK time)

Here's some notes for ya:

-I am making a space Deathmatch map called "The Cold Equasion" (title was "borrowed" from a short space story). It involves a small alien looking space hangar in the middle (with vehicles), and a whole bunch of asteriods in the 5000x4000 map. Some asteriods have tunnels in it, and you can go through them, and one asteriod is huge and has a tunnel in it leading to another hangar (which is also one of the spawn points). I'd say the map is about half-way done, not counting the small amount of scripting to make certain objects invincable (like laser emitters and the forcefeild object acting as a generator). Im thinkning its going to be a no-surprises DM map, as in, there are NOT going to be special little things that you can do to trick your enemy (such as shoot at C4, blow up an asteriod, although that last part sounds goooood >:D ). Im thinking the detail isnt going to be uber high, as also the fact that i plan on having it in multiplayer.

-About the airscout (and all other non-turreted vehicles, such as the Dark Jet), heres an idea that would make them usefull. First of all, make the turning speed of the airscout ALOT less, well, atleast for multiplayer. Also, make it so you CAN right click turn, but to only a degree. Such as, whereever your mouse right clicks, the angle of the plane will turn twords that way, and also change its angle of direction slightly twords the mouse aimer (for aiming purposes). Also, give the Airscout on multiplayer an invisable turret, so we can shoot it like they do in single player.

So, before you do multi, do these first :D (it shouldnt take too long to finish my map).

James Bunting
03 October 2005 08:00 (UK time)

This could all be fake material right? I mean mantis (erm I mean Hackinator) is pretty handy with these image editors. Perhaps he cut and paste his buddies from other pictures. Besides looking at the screens it looks more like M1.

As for the screenshot he could have made other objects with lasers and placed them at fixed locations in the Map Editor.

I am not in a position to make official announcements about a multiplayer version of Meteor 2. Actually I was going to drop multiplayer althogether in place for a My Little "Flesh Easting" Ponies vs "Intensive" Care Bears campaign.

Obviously somebody here is not being entirely truthful and I sould perhaps take pride in been a krappy liar.

To Aleks and Assain: If you want to include your maps then you should notify me and send me the map(s) (if they are not already uploaded in the forums). I won't include maps by default, so you will have to request this.

arezey

03 October 2005 19:05 (UK time)

OK, this hyperlink has the zip file download straight at the thread where it was released.

<a href="http://www.jbserver.com/forums/attachments/7492_hh-powercomplex.zip">HH-Power Complex zip archive</a>
<a href="http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=4&TopicId=30&ThreadId=1011">The thread where the zip file can be got (the hyperlink above points at that one too).</a>

Please, could they come in?

Edited: 03 October 2005 19:29

me_mantis

03 October 2005 20:06 (UK time)

@James: Man!! must you spoil everything!!
Lol we really had them going. Can anyone actually tell what game is on those monitors? I though not.=P
Just because I got jasc psp doesn't mean you have to tell everyone. Did anyone notice that it was a .jpg, and not a .tga?
I think it would be nice to have m2mp though.

I knew you'd all get supprised about that. I will ul a few more pictures so you can tell if my images are valid.

I tried to make a level where you fight stuff from an airscout, and it was worthless.

I still lan ra1 with aftermath. I don't care about mammoth tank rushes, as I usually have 10 at mine layers=D. I also usually engneer rush anyways in TD.
I have also played cnc95 over lan on computers running xp =P

Can any of you make a better mp screen shot?

Edited: 03 October 2005 20:11

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 October 2005 23:53 (UK time)

I could give it a shot. Gimme a day or two to work it out.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use