You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Craters (possibly fire sprites)

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Craters (possibly fire sprites)

Flammable Maniac

11 September 2005 10:17 (UK time)

I think it's been posted before, but what about spawning craters and fire, whenever a grenade or rocket hits ground... Wasn't it like that in M1 too?

Edited: 11 September 2005 17:43

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

11 September 2005 16:27 (UK time)

What? No, it never did anything except for the explosion. Thats a neat idea, it would be somthing like in the projectile editor: "Object to spawn when hit: fire.spr" . Or, you could also make it so you have the option to show an object, making the possibility to mod the spyder gun (that makes spiders that help you) that was in Unreal 2.

EDIT: Oh wait, already found a problem with it. Evertime there would be an explosion the game would have to pause for a second to load the object in... this would be hell if you were on a battle filled mission. FYI JB, the Space mission was HELL for me in the beginnging, as troopers were "getting drowned" in space like rabbits. Which ment, my game was stopping every now and then whenever there was somone in one of the ships, cause the game apparently takes alot of code just to kill a unit :p

Which brings on another issue. The game pausing on certain actions (opening doors, troopers getting drowned, ect) is really annoying and it needs to get fixed/sped up. I know it has to do with the way how the game spawns sectors/objects is a very laborious one, but isnt there somthing that can be done to make these "simple" processes run quicker?

Edited: 11 September 2005 16:34

arezey

11 September 2005 16:57 (UK time)

You mean that mission when you go into the MDS and destroy the larmog?

me_mantis

11 September 2005 23:37 (UK time)

Well, when I made that larmog mission, I used a fast computer and I also tested it on a 600mgz computer. I had NO problems with either.

Assain

12 September 2005 02:10 (UK time)

Yes, but did it drown trooper exiting vehicles due to explosions? I get lag whenever i open a door, some change is made to the map/objects (i.e. adding a trooper when a vehicle dies)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use