You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  4 new(needed) options

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: 4 new(needed) options

me_mantis

02 September 2005 03:46 (UK time)

#1 Powerups should be able to give more than 1 item. An example of this is an M16 with a grenade launcher. You would get A. and M16 bullet firing option, or B. A grenade launching option.

#2 The Player character object should be changeable with scripting. This way we could have Ash get promoted from say Colonel to General. As General, he could use the special items like the Stinger, the Antimaterial Sniper, and the Laser Chain gun.

#3 You should ONLY be allowed to pickup powerups that either A. are linked to one of your objects weapons, or B. are displayed on the hud.

#4 I saved the MOST important one for last. AI units SHOULD NOT have there AI sight range based on the range of their longest weapon. It should be a number that is assigned to each unit like HP.

Why might this be a problem you ask.
Because mMelee attack units (borg the crusher) will not even notice you unless you are in their face. Borg should have a sight/follow range of 1000, because he has good eyesight. He also should be able to track you aroud corners like the other units following you.

=D

Now I'm sure you are all wondering how in the world these will help me.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

arezey

02 September 2005 05:39 (UK time)

Well (@#2), if there would be a script like

"SC_ChangeObjectType(int ObjectId, int ObjectFilename);

you would turn the player to a general by scripting

"SC_ChangeObjectType(SC_GetPlayerObjectId(),"general.ob";);

Remember this is no <i>real</i> script, just a suggestion.

Edited: 02 September 2005 05:40

James Bunting
02 September 2005 09:22 (UK time)

1. Not so sure about this one.

2. Sure, there has been a lot of demand for this. DrillGuard's suggested name looks fine. The general can have new weapons like the deadly pencil and leathal pen.

3. I may need to look at the weapons logic. As for non-weapon power ups you can pick it up if you are not full (so just fill up first if you see what I mean). The hud rule may not always be appropriate.

4. Well you will make this ludicrous weapons. Is it not logical to assume that there should be some relationship between the range and sight?

arezey

03 September 2005 12:58 (UK time)

Is the new script suggestion going thru?

Edited: 03 September 2005 13:29

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 September 2005 00:54 (UK time)

#1, You can put two powerups on top of each other, Looking like 1, for example, the M16 and the Grenade Launcher can use the Same sprite, and put them exactly on top of each other at the exact coordinates.

#4 i got to agree, My weapon mod in M2 will have a Survival knife, if there were to be a knife trooper, He'd be both blind and deaf!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

me_mantis

06 September 2005 02:35 (UK time)

#1 -- Although you can place powerups on top of eachother, and buy two items at once, you cannot have an enemey drop more than 2 items.

Another function that would be nice is a global, and local timer.
This way, you could get a airstrike, or somthing else every number of seconds.

I already did some alpha testing with a global timer, and If I tried really hard, I may have been able to do some bit encoding, and make the static flags do much more, but its a bit too complicated.

arezey

06 September 2005 12:50 (UK time)

Like, would there be like scripts like:

void OnTimerReached(int TimerValue)
void SetTimerOn(int TimerValue);
int SC_GetTimerValue()

:) nice idea Paul!

me_mantis

06 September 2005 18:36 (UK time)

how about this one--
void OnObjectTimerTime(int Object ID,int Timer, int TimerTime);

This way I could walk over a radiation sector. It would run

void SetObjectTimertime(int Object ID, int Timer, int Timer time);

Then when the time runs out on the players timer, the games would execute a function.

There would be a problem if the player died and respawned before the time was reached, because the script would run on any object with its ID.

Maybe we need a Timer item that Like God Mode counts down, but gives absolutely no benefit. We would also need a script function
OnItemNumberReached( item , number of items)
This Script function would have to execute like OnWaypointReached_XXX
It would also have to be able to return the player object id, so it would not act on a different player.

arezey

07 September 2005 12:22 (UK time)

What about suggesting them at the Script Box at Suggestions? Then we would have all script suggestions at one box.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use