You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Preventing easy early weapon gaining

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Preventing easy early weapon gaining

ffs
17 August 2005 08:05 (UK time)

A lot of weapons are available sooner than they should be by killing allied units. I don't know if this is intended, but it seems to make things far easier than they should be. Shooting back could be a problem, since it would punish accidental hits, and it wouldn't be that hard to kill most allies before they can shoot back anyway - so I think they just shouldn't drop their weapon when killed.

Also, any chance of an actual explanation as to why a real name is so important when signing up? It seems that I could sign up with a fake but genuine looking name, and there'd be no difference anyway.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

17 August 2005 18:44 (UK time)

I see what you mean, but generally the "better" guns such as the XM8 to the normal machine gun are only better by 5 more rounds and slightly more accurate.

Also, the game itself would have to be toned down, as its pretty hard from the beginning.

I agree both ways, have more powerfull weapons later, but that means less difficulty in earlier levels. Or, have semi-good weapons early, and keep the same difficulty the game is at now.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

18 August 2005 05:44 (UK time)

I agree with assain, the game is pretty hard. I never tried using a pistol on beach head, but i see what you mean. In My WW3 mod, you dont get good weapons till further in the game. The Flamer didnt show up till like the 8th mission, and the TSX shock rifle didnt show up till the last level.

But the game takes place as a soldier in the war, they wouldn't send him out with a hand gun! If he was a survivor in the middle of enemy territory, Then that would make more sense.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

18 August 2005 14:08 (UK time)

Just make allies not drop anything but ammo, or nothing at all. When you get the sniper from an allied soldier, you are practically invincible.

Raaka-arska

19 August 2005 12:21 (UK time)

You do have to have real name when signing? I didn't use my real name... hmm... do I now get banned because I said that I didn't use my real name?

James Bunting
19 August 2005 12:46 (UK time)

Actually the TSX is in the Omega mession (Weapons Testing map).

<b>EDIT</b>
The real name issue above is not problem, real name details are no longer required and the fields (including name data) may be removed entirely in the very near future.

ffs's user account has been unlocked and this situation has been resolved.
<b>END EDIT</b>

Edited: 22 August 2005 01:39

arezey

19 August 2005 19:12 (UK time)

In my mod (Meteor: Sequel CivilWar) you can get the minigun and even the rocket launcher fast but it takes a lot of ammo because of troops with great health.

Raaka-arska

19 August 2005 21:06 (UK time)

Allright James I changed my name you happy now?

James Bunting
20 August 2005 00:35 (UK time)

Sure I am always happy, its your own fault for mentioning it lol.

The fix to this weapon problem (for those that find it too easy) are to grab the v1.01 patch and try playing M2 in "Very Hard" mode lol.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 August 2005 07:33 (UK time)

is it out yet?

Don't bother telling me, I'm already looking at jbgames to find out lol
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

21 August 2005 06:49 (UK time)

If you take "Very Easy" the bullet just takes 1 but if "Very Hard" then that's 5 eh?

<b>EDIT: And eh, James, where is that TSX in that Omega map, I can't find them?

Edited: 21 August 2005 06:50

James Bunting
22 August 2005 01:44 (UK time)

Sorry Assain's post got deleted (my fault, doing some databse work). I will put the original post message below...

By: Assain
Date/Time: 21/08/2005 16:40:57

The TCX is in a few maps, actually (i think 3), and some random ammo. Its alittle hard to find. I THINK there should be one on the map Arctic Pursiut (spelled horribly

James Bunting
22 August 2005 01:47 (UK time)

Sorry about that, the post may be truncated.

But yes the spelling is bad, there are a bunch typos around the missions that need fixing.

The TSX is the large room with the mechs in on the Weapons Testing map (near the end of the map).

Assain

22 August 2005 18:13 (UK time)

Ow.... gosh that hurt. Squish my post will ya' right when my legs are underneath it! X_<

Oh, and also, when you test a map in the map editor, the default difficulty applies, such as, REALLY EASY. There should be an option where when you hit the play button it comes up with a "difficulty diologe".

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 August 2005 01:56 (UK time)

It should also ask if you want monsters too, (to check if sector based SC commands are working right, without having to try and beat the hardest level you ever made!)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

23 August 2005 16:20 (UK time)

Nah i dunno about that. What I do for that is just set the starting point right next to the sector in question so i can quickly go over it and test it.

arezey

23 August 2005 19:23 (UK time)

Wov (@papercut), great idea! Hope it get's thru!

Edited: 23 August 2005 19:23

Flammable Maniac

24 August 2005 08:34 (UK time)

----Thread out of order-----

Didn't we start with "How to prevent early weapon gaining"?

arezey

24 August 2005 17:19 (UK time)

Yes.

<i>FINDING UP INITIALS
CREATING CHANGES
- CHANGE: THREAD OUT OF ORDER= CHANGING ORDER
APPLYING CHANGES</i>

OK now. Yes, I try prevent easy early weapon gaining. I took all the weapons from the power up (2) for Antartica for troops. I try to make the mod a real challenge.

<a href="http://www.jbserver.com/forums/ThreadView.asp?ForumId=4&TopicId=25&ThreadId=894">View Antartica Thread</a>

Edited: 24 August 2005 17:21

1up

26 January 2007 02:17 (UK time)

Ill like to add that in real life, enemy units ALWAYS drop weapons and sometimes ammo(they might have used it all) UNLESS enemy units take the dead unit's weapon...food for thought O_O

OR you can make a lame excuse that you shooting them destroyed their weapon lols.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Edited: 26 January 2007 02:18

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use