You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Miscellaneous suggestions

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Miscellaneous suggestions

40oz
 Official Sponsor

02 August 2005 19:18 (UK time)

1.Disable the Ability to steer using the mouse, or at least dont allow your vehicle to turn so sharp.

1.5 The same goes for the turrets on your vehicles, they turn too fast, they should turn at them same speed as your enemies (to make it fair)

2. For the sake of me! GET RID OF AUTO RELOADS!!!

3. When a vehicle is empty and is on an enemy side, when you get it it turns green, then when you get out, its enemy again, I don't like that, It gives me the desire to kill it lol. Your earlier beta versions may have that already but mine doesnt.

4. Sniping distances, The sniper right now could go all the way to the other side of the map, that would be cheap for multiplayer. It also gives away the ending to a map, i was playing base Omega04 and saw that those black ops troopers were already fighting off the enemies at the exit.

5. Will random object sounds ever do anything? Or is it just loop and frame sound and stops there? I was thinking of usin dialogue from halflife for those Tech Blokes lol.

6. Blackops troopers are unbelievably strong.

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

shockdrop

02 August 2005 19:52 (UK time)

1.No keep it

2.Keep it, i forget to reload sometimes

3.No it dosent

4.You've got the newer version......no fair.........

5.Yea what does it do

6.Yes they are

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 August 2005 00:56 (UK time)

1. steering with the mouse easier but unrealistic, it should still line up with the mouse but not instantly direct to it like waypoints do.

2. there would also be a message that says [RELOAD] when you need too, there would also be an option to allow it or disable it. I'd prefer to disable it.

4. Its perfectly fair, I have done much to contribute to the game, when the full version is released, You'll see, I did all the weapons.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 03 August 2005 00:58

me_mantis

03 August 2005 00:58 (UK time)

1. Everything about this auto aim is too fast. If you can auto aim, you can defend against airplanes with a doom tank(WAY NOT FAIR IN MP) and you can keep you airplane inside an enemy building so that you can destroy it and they can only damage their building.

2.Maybe when you are reloading, you cannot switch weapons. You can't be reloading a minigun, and firing a sniper rifls at the same time.

3.This is fine esp for multi player. A evil turret would kill the units you exited, and if that was an important unit/building, it would die if it didn't stay its original side.

4.this is a major problem. MAybe the mission scope distance should be smaller, or confined by wall. In MP the long scope is fine, because you can see where the sniper is.

5.I think we should have rendom text as well as random sounds. Neither would ever do anything. =D

6.Black ops are the best troops. they should not get watered down. maybe we need some grey ops for that.(hmm does black hand sound like black ops?)

Edited: 03 August 2005 01:00

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 August 2005 01:01 (UK time)

lol Black ops, Dark grey ops, med grey ops, silver ops, slight darker than white ops, white ops.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

03 August 2005 07:55 (UK time)

Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Assain

04 August 2005 02:47 (UK time)

Perhaps use funzival's Cra.ppylos shrouding engine and mantis's idea of the snipe not being able to go thru walls for the sniper problem?

I also agree with taking off steering with the mouse, but for VEHICLES ONLY. Its silly that i can make that Dark Jet do super fast turns like that. How about making the mouse for non-turret vehicles still turn it, but only to a certain degree (like it wouldnt instantly snap to your mouse, it would turn twords it)? This way, you could still aim.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

04 August 2005 03:39 (UK time)

yeah thats what i was thinking.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

07 August 2005 05:31 (UK time)

Off topic but papercut, do you know how do you make those tunnels? I could use that roof but I wanted to make a bridge with water units able to go under it. Or is it coming with v. 1,0?

Assain

07 August 2005 15:18 (UK time)

He just made a fancy network of roof sectors, and had objects placed arounds them to make it seem like one could walk over them.

Sorry, no bridges ;)

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

07 August 2005 15:47 (UK time)

sniper scope problem: In addition to range limit and wall shrouders,
Maybe when sniper mode is activated, Ash could be surrounded by a circle of shrouders, leaving about 20 degrees unshrouded in front of the scope. Kinda like blinders.

kanji

07 August 2005 19:56 (UK time)

off topic...well kinda in topic but ya no..
Maybe the gnv troopers should have entirly (cant spell!!!) different units to the allies and bad guys, i thought of this after reading one of the other forums and heard that they were poor.

Edited: 07 August 2005 19:57

James Bunting
07 August 2005 23:28 (UK time)

1. Done

1.5 Don't see a problem, there are many other differences between you and them to make it fair. They aim by computer you know. Its one of those arcade vs sim things, its also well written into the balance/chemistry of the gameplay.

2 What do you mean by auto reloads?
- You can reload by pressing R
- If you don't reload your weapon it will reload for you when its empty
- The ememy do the same (their top up reloads are random)
I dont see the problem?

3 Well thats the glass windows, they see you. It had to work one way or the other. You can override this in script using the new OnObjectTypeEnter (whatever its called).

4 I agree, this needs to be reveiewed, especially for MP.

5 Erm, keep bugging me on this one.

6 Yes their health has been dropped to 140 for v1 (the fusion trooper is 200)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

08 August 2005 06:28 (UK time)

2. About those auto reloads, what I mean, specifically for the player object, When you run out of ammo in your clip, leave it at 0 until the player presses R to reload, instead of doing it automatically. The options menu should allow you to chose from what I just described, and how reloads go now.

And Aleksanteri, about those bridges, They aren't real bridges, they are either made specifically to go under, or made to walk over, but they cant do both. They are just made to give the illusion that you CAN do both, but really can't.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 08 August 2005 06:33

James Bunting
08 August 2005 11:54 (UK time)

Tricky one this auto-reload debate. It has always the norm to work this way, can you name a game that does not auto reload?

We could have an option for this on a per mod basis. How do people feel about this?

Papercut's right about bridges, thats the drawback with 2D. You can either go under or over. You could work around by doing either of these 2 things.

1. Put a teleport sector in the river by each side of the bridge.
2. Swap the bridge for a "water" roof sector using well placed script triggers.

arezey

08 August 2005 12:26 (UK time)

Wov, that bridge thing, I'll figure it out.

Assain

08 August 2005 14:03 (UK time)

I suggest for vehicles with no turrets (mainly applieing to the Dark Jet), how about you can not move with the mouse but aim with a certain degree (like when you right click the vehicle will turn slightly twords it, so you can aim better when shooting)?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2005 08:21 (UK time)

well Halo, and Halo 2 does have auto reloads, yet it waits until you stop holding on or tapping the fire button. If M2 had something like that, I'd tolerate that. There are some other games like House of the Dead that doesnt reload for you, I think there are a few more, but i'd have to go for some research to find out. But i am more of a control freak, and like to reload on my own, rather than the game doing it for me.

I am also saying this because I want Meteor to have a few unique features, that other games don't do as often. I try not to make Meteor like a game that we have seen before.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 09 August 2005 08:24

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use