You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Planes and Waypoints

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Planes and Waypoints

Dave Man

28 May 2005 19:29 (UK time)

I noticed that for any air unit that you bind to a waypoint, as it travels towards the waypoint it ignores all enemies (traveling towards the way point and not already being attached to one); however, when you do this for vechiles or infentry, they stop and turn to fire towards any enemy unit while making there way to a waypoint that they just have been binded towards. So first off, why is this, and second off it would be nice for air units to follow the example of ground units when it comes to waypoints.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

31 May 2005 02:47 (UK time)

Yes, the entire waypoint and "enemy-attack" system is still alittle hokey in some aspects, im not sure whats JB's position on this matter :\

James Bunting
01 June 2005 00:39 (UK time)

In order for things to strictly follow waypoints they need to keep facing that way. They will only fire when facing the enemy (in most cases).

Dave Man

01 June 2005 13:30 (UK time)

Well I'm not necerceraliy talking about that. If you bind a object to a waypoint, on the way to the bound-to-waypoint the object will stop and fire or move towrads eneimes and fire. When it kills all in range eneimies it moves towards the waypoint I selected it to be bound too. This only works with tanks, infentry and ground units but not for air units.

In other words the units move towards enemies when they are not on a waypoint path or on waypoint but only when bounded to go towards a wayponit (this code thus provides many posiblities including guarding an area by manualy binding objects to another waypoint each time they reach one).

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use