You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Sound Zones

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Sound Zones

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 April 2005 02:32 (UK time)

In the map editor, the ability to set a zone, similar to a sector, and when you walked in it it would play a sound, and the sound would loop over and over again, (unless there is a setting that sets the time in between loops or better yet "Random Loops";) For example, you make a river, then make a sound zone that covers a large amount of area near the river, then set the sound to soundfx/world/river.wav As you move away from the sound zone, the sound will fade away the farther you move from it. That would make good use for those world sound fx like rain and wind and such.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
06 April 2005 05:39 (UK time)

haha it censored out farther lol
That would be really neat. Maybe it could be implemented into options for objects, like if it emitted a sound.

Dave Man

06 April 2005 13:35 (UK time)

What about having it so the F.arther you are away the less the volume of the sound is unitl your so far away that the sound just stops (like moving out or hearing range). Anyways with the proper script the normal repeat sound should be posible. Just state a code that see's if the sound is playing and if it's not and the sector that plays the sound is deactivated (used) then it will reactivate the secotr. OF course the sound sector would also reactivate the reactivation secotr (confusing). This would take some serious coding and it would probably be easier to just make a looping sound comand.

James Bunting
07 April 2005 00:46 (UK time)

I am amazed that it censors out f.art, I really took things a bit far.

Its basically a problem of not being able to detect which sounds are playing (there is no loop control). I must admit that its a code thing that I can fix if I had the time.

Note that the Rod 2 Test supports sound loops on objects, it does it on a certain sprite frame being displayed to control the timing. Thisonly works for short sounds.

As for the distance/quiet thing this is something I will like to adopt.

I will add a link to this thread in the low priority todo list.

James.

Assain

07 April 2005 02:43 (UK time)

LOL thanks JB, you ruind my joke i was going to pull on me saying f.art and saying that I was a badass! I guess it doesnt work when the creator has to bypass the his own filter lol... thats an entire joke in itself >_<!

Wouldnt just be able to do "SC_PlayDirectionalSound("XXXXXX";);" when it comes out in the full version and then set it to "run script over and over" when that is implemented?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

07 April 2005 22:17 (UK time)

well i said in the first post about the sound dimming down as you move away from the sector thing, and I know there is a sc trigger for it, I just wanted to make it a tad more useful, and have sound looping. You could have computer engine soundfx, and factory soundfx, wind soudfx, and so on.

And objects have a "Random Sound" option, though it does nothing at this point.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 07 April 2005 22:19

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use