You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Waypoint ideas...

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Waypoint ideas...

Dave Man

17 March 2005 18:29 (UK time)

I noticed that when I create a waypoint for a object to follow, it will not shoot at the character if he comes close. Can you make it so that the object will guard the waypoint and when it sees the character shoots at it?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

17 March 2005 20:31 (UK time)

Yes i agree, thats why the foxtrot level's guards dont work. Even it if means the unit will stop, becuase it just looks silly when the infintry units that DO attack you on a waypoint just keep going and happen to shoot you if your in thier way. So, have them stop and turn if they see and enemy.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 March 2005 02:56 (UK time)

I think units shouldnt follow the waypoint as directly as it is set, and when they come across enemy units, they should automatically switch to the roaming AI, and when there are no enemies left, bind the unit back to the waypoint. And they shouldn't always follow the exact tracks of the waypoint, as long as they are going towards the waypoints. Much like your own units when you play RTS games like C&C, Starcraft, Warcraft, etc. Your units don't follow the exact route you told them to go to, but as long as they get to the point that they should be in then it is fine.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 19 March 2005 02:57

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

19 March 2005 03:02 (UK time)

When binding back to the waypoint, what could keep units from getting "stuck" on obstacles?

Edited: 19 March 2005 03:44

Zable Fahr

19 March 2005 04:37 (UK time)

From experience: don't ever let your waypoint lines cross. Don't have too many units or objects in one area. Units will almost always find a way to get stuck. Until there's smarter waypoint AI handling, I would probably never unbind a unit and set its AI to roaming unless I didn't want it to rebind it later; I would probably set it to Guarding instead.

Edited: 19 March 2005 04:38

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use