You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Minimap

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Minimap

40oz
 Official Sponsor

14 February 2005 02:32 (UK time)

When my little brother uses the minimap on the new levels I make, I consider it cheating. How about making the minimap a collectible? or only enabled with some objects, especcially the Uber Cannon turret.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Zable Fahr

17 March 2005 10:08 (UK time)

Try placing large black roof sectors that are hidden and removed via code. I have this in one of my maps where I didn't want to reveal the middle section of it, so instead when the player opens the door, the roof sector is removed and what's under it is visible again.

I personally would rather have the minimap available all the time but have it only display areas that you have visited (so it's not a complete shrouding system, just minimap shrouding). Of course this setting should be able to be set per map. There could also be commands to reshroud or remove the shroud.

On a related note, it would be really neat if you could draw stuff (like lines, points, etc.) on the minimap through script commands.

Apparently the next version will have an improved minimap. I wonder what that means.

Assain

17 March 2005 20:41 (UK time)

Well, the problems with useing roof sectors to hide stuff (ive tried) is:

1. The game would take to long to hide large roof sectors, and it takes 1 second or so for it to hide a normal roof sector.

2. Lights show thorough the roof sector, making it so you see all of the lights

3. Takes a while to script every little roof sector! Especially if you plan on doing it for the entire map....

What I'd like to see is being able to (in the map editor) click on the minimap if its solid and it would take you where you clikced. This (i guess) COULD also be implemented for the game minimap.

Edited: 17 March 2005 20:42

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use