You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Seeing things!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Seeing things!

Dominic
18 January 2005 02:43 (UK time)

You know how you can see people through the wall in Meteor! I got an idea

I was playing a game kinda like meteor but when anything went behind the a wall (or anything your character cant see through) they went invisible and when they would come out of the wall and it would become visible once again.(like in real life) but you could still see the terrain and all that but just not anything that was alive (human speaking) So you should do that in Meteor to make it kinda more suspense like or something. It would also be more realistic! Could you do this in/if the next Meteor version?

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dave Man

18 January 2005 18:15 (UK time)

But then you couldn't do that neat wall hacking trick with a bazooka, quite usefull in some cases.

Assain

18 January 2005 22:19 (UK time)

True true :). I used that trick all the time in M1 to beat levels.

There is sorta a way... place a sector over a bvuilding thats a solid roof sector and when you open a door into that building/room the sector dissapears through script (its only a single command, so it wont take long). But it takes longer loading times, and you will see any lights through the roof sector. A way to fix this JB would to allow a "send to front/back" options for lights just like sectors.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 January 2005 02:37 (UK time)

I know what you mean Dominic, That is called "Fog of war" It is used very clearly in the freeware game "Cyberdogs" or "C-dogs". I am sure fuzinavl would know, his little icon thing is a screenshot from it. Fog of war has been reccomended. Maybe we could have a skill level, and maybe medium and/or hard can use fog of war.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

19 January 2005 20:00 (UK time)

Perhaps more "RTS"-like features and stuff should also be added along with Fog-Of-War (IF Fog-Of-War is to be added)....

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 January 2005 01:39 (UK time)

I actually had a dream about meteor RTS one night. I pictured the map "Serenity City II" from my mod, I was commanding an army of light infantry and air scouts to clear out the city of trinity tanks, arachnatrons, and flamer infantry. It was actually a pretty fun dream... but of course I didn't realize that my alarm clock would buzz a half hour later... I geuss that game was one in a lifetime unless I make my dream come to life (Which is mainly how good games are made.)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

25 January 2005 09:53 (UK time)

Wow holy moly! Roffle! You had a Meteor-related dream?! And I thought I was playing too much Meteor...! :S :O

Edited: 25 January 2005 09:53

Dave Man

25 January 2005 13:38 (UK time)

That isn't so bad, I had a dream also which gave me the idea for my ghetto level in my mod, which if you play will have a missle fly overhead and crash into some buildings realising some driods. It fits the story line of a A.I. system making driod filled missles to attack the cities. The dream was kind of fun, shooting everything in site with unlimited ammo.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

25 January 2005 17:41 (UK time)

awesome! I'll have to add "droid insertion missles" to my list of cool ideas

Assain

26 January 2005 01:44 (UK time)

Ahhh... now look what youve done DaveMan... :)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use