You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Side advantages/disadvantages

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Side advantages/disadvantages

Assain

17 January 2005 05:04 (UK time)

How about making different sides have certin advantages (sorta like in the RA series)? For instance, in M1 GNV were generally more faster, they had stronger armor, and a better ROF (rate of fire).

So what i am saying to keep the M1 story and lore, allow an option in the game.ini file for side advantages for each side. You could have an "ArmorRatingAdvantage = +1" for like the ROD side, and that would mean that every ROD unit in the game has a +1 on their armor rating (which sucks, but you know what i mean). Coencedentally, using a negative varible makes that side worse at the particular aria specified.

Edited: 17 January 2005 05:05

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

IMYSC2000T

18 January 2005 04:36 (UK time)

So then would the ally forces have nukes?

Dave Man

18 January 2005 18:16 (UK time)

It wouldn't be wise to have allied forces with nukes, they would continually shoot the nukes and probably slow down the game from all the explosions and kill you in the process.

Assain

18 January 2005 22:20 (UK time)

I ment not in material have advantages (like weapons) but in health, armor, speed, ect. have advantages.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 January 2005 02:40 (UK time)

Hmm... That would be a little confusing since all teams use the same objects. But I have a sort of idea. Maybe a trigger that always increases all units on GNV's armor by 5 and decreases rate of fire by 5. Allied forces increase armor by 5, but decrease speed by 5. Enemy increases speed but drops rate of fire. And We can do whatever the hell we want with ROD
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 19 January 2005 02:45

IMYSC2000T

19 January 2005 19:59 (UK time)

Dave Man: Well, not neccessarily....

Assain: Oh sorry I see what you meant. Well, I don't whole-heartedly agree with that...; just with some aspects of it. I don't see why ally forces should necessarily be faster and stuff, for example. But, like, "better armour" I can understand.

me_mantis

20 January 2005 18:35 (UK time)

Hey-- In Red Alert, the Sovs had nukes too! Any1 still play that game?

Assain

20 January 2005 20:48 (UK time)

I used to (last time i think was half a year ago), you can download it free+expansion packs at http://ra.afraid.org, i think its abandon-ware though, but Westwood doesnt care.

Never liked the nukes, they had a radius of about 1-2 buildings, only damaged buildings half way, and barly did any damage to units. I DLed a mod though, and it upped the radius and destructive power of it so it actually killed everything >:).

I'd prefer building an MCV in an enemy's base and Tesla Coil them to hell... lol much more effective, but costly >:D

And BTW, my Avatar is of RA1's logo, case you didnt notice. Also, this was my 350th post! YAY!

Edited: 20 January 2005 20:50

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 January 2005 01:50 (UK time)

It's a shame that almost all RTS games, nukes are not that powerful at all. Take Starcraft for example, the terran's nukes weren't exactly bad, they had the largest splash damages, yet it wasn't nearly as big as a real nuke. Not to mention it took forever to build and costed a hell of a lot. When you target a spot, it takes about 5 minutes for it to hit the target AND WARNS the enemy that a nuclear launch is detected, giving your enemy plenty of time to prepare, such as evacuating all units, and lifting off buildings as far away from the target as possible. Yet the nukes can barely destroy buildings, it only takes off about 500 to 600 hp, and is an instant kill to units rather than buildings. Nukes arent nearly as useful as a huge army, and costs less.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

25 January 2005 09:55 (UK time)

Me_Mantis: Yeah, I still occasionally play that, eventhough I quickly get annoyed because some of the levels are damn-near impossible to beat.... >(

40oz
 Official Sponsor

27 January 2005 03:20 (UK time)

I like hard maps, but I really hate just, completely ridiculous maps that couldnt possibly be done.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

me_mantis

27 January 2005 22:46 (UK time)

look at kali.com, and there is a free software program that lets you play ra1 over the internet=). You may need some extra patches, that I have, though.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use