JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  damage

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: damage

d34db34t

05 January 2005 05:10 (UK time)

will there be damage types in M2?

besides standard splash damage (eg. rockets) there could be-

freeze damage- stops infantry from moving or firing
flame damage - burns infantry that enter its area of effect, does little damage to vehicles
toxic damage - deforms infantry tthat enter its area of effect, useless vs. vehicles
acid damage - kills all but aircraft
electric damage - same as acid damage

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dave Man

05 January 2005 13:31 (UK time)

what about shock damage, a feature which I still don't see in M2. It would be nice if you could shock or freeze the enemy for a set time.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 20:28 (UK time)

As long as players don't get paralyzed. There nothing more annoying than that in a game.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 22:52 (UK time)

Yah like the shock grenades on Red Faction 2 that invert your controls! Argh thats so annoying! Or on Twisted metal when your enemies use the freeze missile that stops your car and leaves you vulnerable to attack for 10 seconds. It may not seem real long but imagine playing meteor in a mission that has nothing but enemies it and your being mowed down for a solid 10 seconds?

I dont really like toxic damage that deforms your enemies, or acid damage, thats a little too lethal in a game like this. But splash damage, fire damage and shock/freeze damage is pretty good.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

12 January 2005 05:26 (UK time)

How about something like the sonic weapons from Total Annihilation mods? They were weapons that shot sonic waves and what-not that were powerful enough to destroy enemy structures and vehicles....

1up

25 January 2007 17:58 (UK time)

How about a KnockBack function? I hate seeing my super-strong enemies not even pushed back an inch when hit with a rocket...
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Erik

25 January 2007 19:15 (UK time)

Yeah, that would be nice, good idéa! :D and btw welcome to the forums 1Up

Edit: Why not a brain-converter-damage that makes the enemy turn side and attack his friends.

Edited: 25 January 2007 19:19

40oz
 Official Sponsor

25 January 2007 21:12 (UK time)

I suggested that knockback thing a while ago. Still a great idea. I talked to James about importing a type of physics system for meteor. He seemed to be quite impressed with the idea, because tere could be maps in which you would need to move craes around to get to a certain spot. I hope it gets in evantually. I really hope for quite a few big changes in meteor for this long development period.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Erik

26 January 2007 12:51 (UK time)

I know a way of moving crates, make them 'ride-on' vehicle, it looks like you move/lifts it and its not the crate that takes damage if/when fired on, its the player.

One problem that James could fix is that the player will be placed on the crate when set to an 'ride-on'vehicle, (when the player should stand behind the crate so it looks like he is lifting it) so my idea is that you could move the place of the 'driver/lifting player' in the ObjectEditor.

Its an great idea ;D

Edited: 26 January 2007 12:53

1up

27 January 2007 00:03 (UK time)

I incorporated the paparazzi idea in my modified M2 but cant make them blind ppl. Put the pedal (plz) to the floor, James. We're waiting.

I tried the freezing thing by making a "solid" sprite and having it as shrapnel. Needless to say, it didnt work lols.

An Electrical attack would cause immense damage to ANY sort of transportation, and planes are usually layered by specially treated that DOES NOT act as an insulator. Acid would not damage aircraft because it can't be shot that far, but it CORRODES metal, making it great for (i meant AGAINST) tanks @_@.

Hehs, the confusion serum was in "From Russia With Love" and makes soldiers hit with it attack random ppl like savage animals. How about a BEAM projectile status that actually BEHAVES like light? Im severly annoyed trying to edit James' Ion Beam so it looks more natural.

Eh, the toxic idea sounds like...um...the Iran-Contra Scandal(watevea) and reminds me of nerve gas(positively shocking). It might actually be bad if its like nerve gas, but it could be applied as tear gas or somthin. it should only do a LIMITED AMOUNT OF DAMAGE (incase someone tries "Nerve Gas";).
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!

Edited: 27 January 2007 00:17

40oz
 Official Sponsor

27 January 2007 03:40 (UK time)

Thats an awesome idea Erik, I gotta try that myself. Good thinkin =)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

1up

27 January 2007 06:17 (UK time)

I agree. Maybe you should make the Colonel put his back to it (you know, like hes sliding somthin very heavy).

Erik

27 January 2007 10:40 (UK time)

yeah, maybe. But the problem is that you cant move the place of the driver on a ride-on vehicle. (In a enclosed vehicle you dont see the player anyway).

So i hope it will be possible in later m2 verisions :)

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use