You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  BOttle o' Requests #2

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: BOttle o' Requests #2

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

27 December 2004 19:03 (UK time)

I'm glad to see a few of us are crazy enough (including me) to take time away from our families this holiday to post on the m2 forum. The belated x-mas list:

Most important issues (to me anyway): ----------------------

1. I can't see far enough, aka play-by-minimap syndrome. Solution: whether you're in a vehicle or on foot, hold right mouse button to center screen between crosshairs and player (doubles visibility distance). Release button to center screen on player. Always mouselook would have to be true by default (I don't see a problem with that). The steering of non-turreted vehicles would now steer like v1.4 turreted vehicles. The always mouselook option in the menu would be replaced by "center screen on player by default" toggle.

2. The flashlight is too short to be effective. Solution: Triple the range and make it green. In fblend, green light only takes 1/3 as much cpu power as a white light.
Night vision goggles!

other things i'd like to see: -----------------------

1.---- Fixed helicopter inertial movement: I can instantly (bad) change direction at high speed. It should be more acceleration & friction oriented for seperate x,y axis.
2.---- flamer shots should tl\ravel slower, and after a certain distance, stop and linger on the ground / walls for a few seconds. Slower projectiles and flame barricading effects will make this weapon more than another pulse cannon.
3.---- different/ custom crosshairs for each weapon. (shotgun's could be a pixel splatter) I'll know what weapon i've selected, and it's good from an artistic standpoint. They could be in greyscale. At runtime, they would be fblended to the screen like so: Green = no target, Red = enemy, blue = ally, Greyscale = neutral / animal / unmanned vehicle.
Team icons are good, but colouring would help too.
4.---- multiple turrets should fire towards the crosshair instead of firing towards the angle of the crosshair relative to the vehicle.
5.---- I need to see the crosshairs against the grass better.

Edited: 27 December 2004 19:07

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

02 January 2005 21:12 (UK time)

Well if you want more visibility distance, bring your screen resolution higher, I found that while tinkering with M1, It zooms your screen out a bit. Dont bring it out too far or it zooms out off the map and the frame rate gets really slow. Never bring it far below your current resolution or it is too hard to get it back. (found that out the hard way)but that would be a good idea for the sniper though, giving it the ability to see farther

About the crosshair in comparison to grass, Heres an Idea, how about making the cross hair invert colors to the color its above, like when you put it over green, it turns into pink, put it over red and it turns cyan, put it over blue and it turns yellow?
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 02 January 2005 21:16

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

02 January 2005 21:44 (UK time)

Besides slowdown , higher resolutions makes all guys too tiny to play comfortably. I'm playing at 768x768 now.

I like your negative color crosshair overlay idea.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

02 January 2005 21:44 (UK time)

Besides slowdown , higher resolutions makes all guys too tiny to play comfortably. I'm playing at 768x768 now.

I like your negative color crosshair overlay idea.

Dave Man

03 January 2005 13:32 (UK time)

Double post?

Dave Man

03 January 2005 13:32 (UK time)

Double post?

Dave Man

03 January 2005 13:33 (UK time)

I found out the double post problem! When I accidently clicked the "Save" button in the post follow up screen more then once, it posted as many times as I clicked it!

Assain

03 January 2005 20:45 (UK time)

Correcto! Is it just me or is everyone apparently getting upgraded in fourm status lol... as in if not a VIP they are a VIP or if a VIP they are a mod :)

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

03 January 2005 23:19 (UK time)

oh no, please tell me the forum is not about to open it's doors to the unregistereds. Have fun playing moderator :)

So, back to topic:
Which ideas do you like? Do you have any better ideas? Will it be too difficult to add these features to M2?

Edited: 03 January 2005 23:21

IMYSC2000T

05 January 2005 01:48 (UK time)

Everyone's gettin' what now? *looks around*

Not me! I'm still good-ol' title-less GeeDougg (I mean IMYSC2000T).... Heh! ;P

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 03:38 (UK time)

What do you mean everyone? Fuzinavl hasnt went up, Dave man hasnt went up, IMYSC2000 hasn't went up, even you Assain hasn't went up in level. I am one of the very few people who went up a level.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

05 January 2005 22:24 (UK time)

So what if I over exaguartted at few people >_>

40oz
 Official Sponsor

05 January 2005 23:02 (UK time)

Well James told me i was supposed to get to this level a long time ago for making a mega mod and creating the last level for M1 and also providing help in minor ideas for m1 and m2. Some other people got raised a level that should of been raised a while ago since he was already in the middle of raising mine. Though I am still with you as I expected you to go up a level too. I'd reccomend making a lot of good well detailed maps and maybe a mod too. And be honest because I know plenty of people that said they would make maps and mods and they never did...
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

IMYSC2000T

12 January 2005 05:19 (UK time)

Actually haven't all the people you mentioned gone up? At least it looks that way anyway. Most have new titles that didn't even exist before, like "Recognized Member" and other such stuff.

Assain

13 January 2005 01:27 (UK time)

I am going to make a mod based on current day army values and such, after i mess around with full version of M2.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use