You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Decals/Insignias

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Decals/Insignias

Assain

02 November 2004 22:00 (UK time)

I think the color tint of some objects and also the "lines" on some of the viehcles stating the side looks abit....well tacky. I suggest that we make up a green decal/insignia for the green side and a red insignia for the red side. This would not only look better, but blend in more. I can make an insignia "ruberic" for all 3 sides so far, unless i can get around to creating an insignia for all of the object sprites.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
03 November 2004 18:40 (UK time)

Very nice idea about the decals but I beat you to it :) ...

Its hard to get the balance right. There needs to be a clear distinction and I think that a subtle change of colour would work best along with the following.

It just so happens that I have a loose plan to add the side icons/flags to the sprites. This would be done using some new whizzy new feature in the Sprite Editor.

This in turn with subtle colour swapping (being just a few colour changes here and there on each sprite) would work well?

James Bunting
03 November 2004 18:41 (UK time)

Oh and I don't think that the decals could apply to non-vehicle sprites.

Assain

03 November 2004 20:59 (UK time)

Cool! Like ive said in the past, what is it wiff edu-makated folkies figuring stoooff out befur ma? =P. Oh and is this change in the new update? (or the next?)

James Bunting
04 November 2004 00:34 (UK time)

I am not sure when I will get this put in, I need to work on foundation code first. This is the sort of thing that can be added at a later stage.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

04 November 2004 03:01 (UK time)

Every team should have their own seperate set of sprites. What if I want steer horns on team2's cadillacs, an gaudy fins on team 5' hovercraft?
I like the decals / team coloring system. But to force it during runtime limits artists.
I think it would be a nifty optional tool in the sprite editor
so that we could quickly pump out every team's sprite sets.
Later, we can go back and add touches if we like, without affecting other teams. Or, we can ignore the tool completely, and hand draw everything to our tastes from the beginning.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use