You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Objects and Sectors

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Objects and Sectors

JohnnyB

29 October 2004 21:47 (UK time)

1) A great option that would open many possibilities is sectors following objects. Think about it: a bulldoser able to push some rocks around to form a crude wall and stop advancing enemy troops.
2)what happened to dystroyable walls? are they coming back? I hope so.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

IMYSC2000T

30 October 2004 08:06 (UK time)

Umm, I believe there are still destroyable walls in the game in Meteor 2. At least when I played (Meteor 2 v-1.31) I was able to destroy certain wall types....

Also, I believe the "sectors following objects" idea would be useful, and if the engine code is modified to allow for real-time terrain modification (in-game), it would be even better. Imagine moving rocks or wood planks (or whatever else that might fit the job well) into a river one by one to create a make-shift bridge of some sort, or creating a pipeline between a burning building or forest and a water source to extinguish the fire and make it passable, or to use the Fire Engine or other such vehicles to put out fires....

Edited: 31 October 2004 01:38

Dave Man

30 October 2004 20:10 (UK time)

Would this sector moving object be a option (you wouldn't want a bike or some small vechile pushing some heavy rocks into a river), and then if you would push solid planks into a river to form a bridge, how the planks turn into passable objects and elimante the water underneath them?

IMYSC2000T

31 October 2004 01:41 (UK time)

Well, I think the objects should only be on top of the water, so that if a ship wants to pass the river, it can destroy the planks or barrels or rocks or even real bridges. Of course this would also call for greater expansion of the building and moving-around portion, which means that Meteor would move closer and closer into base-building RTS territory. Of course this could all be implemented in a manner that only presents these features as an option, unless they are critical parts of a game or level.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use