You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Faster Value Inputs for projectiles/ect...

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Faster Value Inputs for projectiles/ect...

Assain

10 October 2004 14:48 (UK time)

I think the speed of projectiles should be determined by the "how many pixles X 1/100 sec" system, because rockets move WWAAAYYY to slow. Also, in the mod i will create, i would reqire ALOT faster projectiles (not bullet fast).

It would also be cool if non-bullet projectiles would slow down before going out of range.

Thats all =)

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
13 October 2004 19:18 (UK time)

Well don't worry about the 100/sec thing because its already been binned in v1.3.

The new system is much easier, it uses a single value that controls the move step. This applies to all objects and projectiles etc. Its also much harder to shoot through walls as it actually scans properly regardless of the move step value.

me_mantis

14 October 2004 23:09 (UK time)

JUST like I said a realllllly long time ago. Faster weapons. mabey an item you pick up which lets you slow time so you can do matrix type moves

Assain

15 October 2004 02:28 (UK time)

lol laughed at that one, sees the player doing jumps and karate moves hehe.

fuzinavl
 Official Sponsor

15 October 2004 12:59 (UK time)

Cool, like a drug powerup that would make your brain temporarily work faster. I wonder if there's a good way to have that in multiplayer.

Dave Man

15 October 2004 13:33 (UK time)

Actually close combat would be great. In my upcoming mod in HeadQuarters Demon side level you play as a demon and you use only close combat weapons (like your teeth or claws). Making it so that the character could move at a normal speed while everything elese slows down would greatly improve this level (and make it extremly neat).

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use