You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  More MP Options

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: More MP Options

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 August 2004 06:03 (UK time)

Heres a list of some sweet things that could be on Meteor for Multiplayer Games.

-A larger Variety of games:

1) Capture the Flag - 2 Flags, 2 teams, a player from one team has to get the enemies flag and bring it to theres, while the other team is doing the same. If a player with the flag gets shot, the killer can return the flag to its original spot. A flag cannon be taken from someones spot and brought to yours for a point, your flag has to be in its original spot.

2)Kill the man with the [Item] - There is a certain Item that is plotted on the map, People have to fight to get it. Once your holding it a certain marker goes over your head and the marker is shown on everyones screen. When you have the Item you start gaining a point every 3 seconds. If the man with the item gets nailed, he drops the item making it available for anyone to pick up and gain points. Very similar to King of the hill (Hold the crown for a set amount of time)

3)Arena - Everyone gets a weapon has to fight each other to the death, the last man standing wins the round. There can be a set amount of rounds.

4)Kill Limit - Get the set amount of Kills to win the round. There can be a set amount of rounds.

- 1-4 teams (depending on how many people can be in a game)
Including a spectator team that allows you to just move the screan around to view the battle rather than playing.

-Server lists (If possible)

-Chat rooms with/without passwords

-Friend List, A list that shows your favorite people to play a game with, saying if there online, or offline, and if their already in a game (only possible with servers)

-Weapon Choices, Weapons that can be removed from the server/game while playing so that they wont show up in the game, also allows you to select the default weapon, so you dont have to start with the pea shooter

-Others:

1) Unlimited Ammo True/False

2) No Reloads True/False

3) No Health Kits True/False

4) Time till respawn 5-30 seconds

5) No Mouse Aim True/False

6) Allow Teams (Only in Head to Head, Arena, Kill the man with the [Item], and Kill Limit.)

7) Friendly Fire True/False

8) Allow Get in Vehicles True/False

How about that? That sounds fun to me!

*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Flammable Maniac

18 August 2004 06:17 (UK time)

Well youve certainly put up alot of ideas.... BUT DIDNT YOU SAY IT WAS BAD TO TAKE FROM OTHER GAMES :p!!!!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

18 August 2004 15:03 (UK time)

Hey, alot of these ideas are worldwide ideas, practically every game with MP has it. But then again i geuss your right. The Kill limit game was my idea though, (sorta) maybe we could invent some MP games. We gotta make some cool games that will last a while.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Grunt002
19 August 2004 02:51 (UK time)

No, he wasn't stealing or taking it from other games, many games have it such as half-life, soldat, quake 3, counter-strike, blah blah...blab..be....

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 August 2004 07:12 (UK time)

I know but I did put down one of his ideas saying that it was a direct cutout from Battlefield 1942, (Having names on your allies to make them seem like theyre worth protecting) And I'm sorry about that Maniac. 'Flammable' Maniac that is.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Flammable Maniac

19 August 2004 09:31 (UK time)

Thats better :p

James Bunting
19 August 2004 22:01 (UK time)

How about "Chase the Chicken Mode" or "it", that could be quite rewarding.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

20 August 2004 02:40 (UK time)

Chase the chicken, that sounds like fun. It would also be cool if maybe if you fired, neutral units would get scared and run away from you. If we could do that with pigs or cows, maybe we could play "Round up"! Hehe I'd like that game
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

21 August 2004 22:06 (UK time)

Dis' sounds kool! Have a mp level that there is a randomly chosen player (called the Assain). You have to kill him to become the Assain. When you are the Assain the amount you kill during the time you are the Assain is the points you get.

Points for killing the Assain...........................................3
Points for the amount of people you kill as the Assain........1

Edited: 21 August 2004 22:08

Assain

22 August 2004 02:26 (UK time)

There is this cool consol game called Red Dog and it SUCKS on single but its awsome on multi. Basically, your this tank and you shoot you weapons and missiles and power-ups if you have them (for ex. one power up might be health, or another would be death electro). There is this one multi game called "Stealth Assain", and the object of the game is to get so-and-so kills as the Stealth Assain. When your the stealth assasin, you can be killed in only 2 shots (it would normally be 15-20 shots), but you have infinate Sniper Laser wepon (its a charging weapon, when fully charged it kills a tank) and you have infinate Stealth (in stealth, you dont pop up on radar and your partality invisible, depending on if your driving or shooting). To become stealth assain, you have to kill the current assain.

If we can some how incorperate this in M2 that would be AWSOME! Heres another idea, single CTF. Theres only one flag and whoever can hold onto it for like a min wins! Or better yet, one player has a bomb and its ticking down from a minute and you have to "pass" or "tag" other players to get rid of it! Shooting someone on this game wouldnt kill them, it would just slow them down depending on damage delt. After a min... BOOM!

P.S. ---- Look at my new custum icon! Yay!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

22 August 2004 07:26 (UK time)

hehe pass the bomb just like hot potato or in this case 'hot grenade' lol.

Well like i said i suggest we make up our own games, that would be pretty nice I dunno if Agent got his idea from anywhere but it sounds good. like you can only earn points for killing poeple when your the assain or assassin or whatever the word is...
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

30 August 2004 18:30 (UK time)

I dunno how to spell it either. It's from 007 Nightfire. But it takes for ever to get because you have to unlock it by getting like a gold in like the hardest level if I remember corectly. I 4get because my bro. had 2 give it bac to his friend. Anyway not many people got it I think.

Edited: 30 August 2004 18:31

Agent Nightfire

30 August 2004 18:32 (UK time)

The idea fits the game though. And you always have to have your finger on the trigger.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

02 September 2004 03:46 (UK time)

I think hot grenade would be a nice game, I can picture how the game would be too. (Im playing hot grenade in my head with several M2 Botplayers.)

This is how the game is played:

The Host of the game is stuck with the grenade. He has to toss the grenade to another player and hit him. If the other player gets hit, he's stuck with the grenade and a little grenade icon appears above him symbolizing him as the "Hot Grenade". Who ever posesses the grenade for the set amount of time explodes and has to continue the game as a spectator I geuss, until everyone blows up with the grenade. Then the game is reset and the host holds the grenade again. Maybe a little scoreboard can be on the side, showing everyones posession time and the posession limit. Also shows how many rounds have been won.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

03 September 2004 18:41 (UK time)

That sounds kool. You took time on thinking it out.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use