You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Versions for Mac and Linux

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Versions for Mac and Linux

ParaSait

30 April 2008 18:13 (UK time)

It may sound 'painful' to program, but it would be really handy if there were Mac or Linux versions Meteor 2 (and other JB games). I'm asking this because after the summer vacation I am going to buy a laptop as I'm going to study computer science. And it will most probably be with Mac or Linux as an operating program (because I wanna do everything to prevent computer viruses (and most of them are made for Windows)). I hope the prog. language doesn't differ that much from the one used for the win version. You think that will be realisable? If you could create it, I'd be sooooo thankful =) =)

(I may even donate some money to JBgames then, if my parents agree ;) )

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

DarkRain

01 May 2008 06:41 (UK time)

Meteor in Linux will be great!
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Janne

01 May 2008 07:36 (UK time)

I think its really good idea.

Edited: 01 May 2008 07:36

Dthdealer

02 May 2008 04:49 (UK time)

As long as it's compatible with WINE it shouldn't be a problem. Seeing as ROD3 and M3 are supposedly openGL this should be a lot easier than Direct X.
Don't know about M2 though.
I'll try M2 on WINE now
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 02 May 2008 04:49

Dthdealer

02 May 2008 05:57 (UK time)

Works fine under WINE!
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Spy

02 May 2008 11:36 (UK time)

Hey! My Image! Thats Cool! It Looks Awesome!
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Dthdealer

02 May 2008 12:19 (UK time)

You are welcome.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

arezey

02 May 2008 19:34 (UK time)

I tried Meteor 2 under WINE as well but it was so !@#%& slow I couldn't use it at all... should retry here sometime, though for I've got a new computer now =P

Spy

03 May 2008 10:54 (UK time)

Im Gonna Use That! Oh And Dont Drink Too Much WINE XD jk
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Edited: 03 May 2008 10:55

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use