You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Extras forum options

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Extras forum options

Dthdealer

09 December 2007 02:17 (UK time)

I'm bored and wanted to post something, so i am.

-A quoting tag
-Image insert tag
-HTML for trusted members
-Accounts may only be accessed by a certain ip (and similar ips)
-Style sheet and web-site layout forum where people can upload designs for your forum and see what the community thinks of them.
-Signatures
-A thing called a "Spoiler" Which hides some text using javascript until a link is pressed
-Links
-All posts are inside the <pre>*Post*</pre> tags so we can post tabs and double-spaces

Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
09 December 2007 05:43 (UK time)

A

would be nice for posting code snippets.

DarkRain

09 December 2007 10:00 (UK time)

Good ideas. The HTML really should only be for trusted members.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

arezey

10 December 2007 21:07 (UK time)

And the entity converter should be there too! I wonder how long have I been nagging for this :)

Oh, and the "Delete post" one should be there too.

Edited: 10 December 2007 21:08

40oz
 Official Sponsor

17 December 2007 17:45 (UK time)

There is a Delete Post button.

EDIT: wait nevermind its because im a moderator.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 17 December 2007 17:45

Dthdealer

04 January 2008 08:12 (UK time)

Entity converter?
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

1up

07 January 2008 07:35 (UK time)

yea what is(wtf is, but that may be precieved as "vulgar";) an entity converter?! alrite, that point aside...
IP trackers for admins and moderators to track the IPs of everyone, including the admins and moderators themselves...just a bit of security to prevent what happened last time.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

ParaSait

07 January 2008 20:39 (UK time)

Thou shalt not swear in the forums, 1UP!! XP

Back to the point, I think that a 'Quote' button would be very handy. Maybe also the ability to delete your own posts is a good suggestion. If you wrote something stupid, you can still press the Edit button and delete the whole text... but then there's still that blank post and than they'll think you're a spammer =D

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

DarkRain

08 January 2008 05:29 (UK time)

If you have written a stupid comment, you can just edit it and write something that makes sense.

ParaSait

08 January 2008 20:09 (UK time)

Some people just can't say things that make sense, like... me! XD XD

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

DarkRain

09 January 2008 17:27 (UK time)

Well, sometimes I don't say very interesting things.

1up

10 January 2008 17:12 (UK time)

lawl
(im srry if you count this as spam =O)
i just lost my train of thought...
oh wait
yea, quoting would be nice...and the ability to read the posts from before so you know what ppl are talking about...
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

James Bunting
24 January 2008 21:26 (UK time)

-------------------------------------------------------
yea, quoting would be nice...and the ability to read the posts from before so you know what ppl are talking about...
-------------------------------------------------------

Yes, I like the sound of quoting. So you just hit a button and it puts the text of that post which is being replied to at the top.

arezey

27 January 2008 12:30 (UK time)

The delete post button would be nice.

Dthdealer

01 February 2008 08:01 (UK time)

┌─────QUOTE─────┐
│Quoting method1│
└───────────────┘
╔─────QUOTE─────╗
│Quoting method2│
╚───────────────╝
╔═════QUOTE═════╗
║Quoting method3║
╚═══════════════╝

░░▒▒▓▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▓▒▒░░
▄▄▄▄▄█QUOTE█▄▄▄▄▄
█Quoting method4█
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

For the time being :<;)
EDIT: was going to fix the spaces up but all the characters were changed to their Unicode ID number. Darn.
We need all posts to be in <pre> </pre> html tags tags.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 01 February 2008 08:04

James Bunting
01 February 2008 08:48 (UK time)

Yes you may be right about the pre tag.

I was thinking of putting quotes in a fieldset?

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

01 February 2008 14:23 (UK time)

i like Quoting method2
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Dthdealer

02 February 2008 02:42 (UK time)

Ty Petix

Fieldset... *looks up HTML dictionary*

EDIT:
http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_fieldset.asp
Can't you just use a table? Well I guess a fieldset tag is faster than doing <TABLE> <TR> <TD> </TD> </TR> </TABLE>

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 02 February 2008 02:48

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use