You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Could There Be CTF In Meteor 2?

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Could There Be CTF In Meteor 2?

Spy

06 December 2007 09:51 (UK time)

Could There Be Capture The Flag In Meteor 2? The Flag Could Be An Item And There Could Be Some Script That When You Go In Your Base With The Flag It Dissappears In Your "Weapons List" And You Get A Point And It Could Be Cool With Enemy Snipers Guarding It In The Towers!
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

DarkRain

06 December 2007 10:55 (UK time)

That's a really good suggestion. I don't know if this can be done in Meteor 2 but I think it will be possible in Meteor 3. (I'm not sure about that).

(I have made my 200th post!)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Edited: 06 December 2007 19:33

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 December 2007 21:01 (UK time)

I'm sure it could be done with scripting. A points system would be tough though.

If someone made it I'd play it.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Dthdealer

07 December 2007 21:45 (UK time)

I guess you would set a staticflag to show that it has been collected, and another script something like this

void bla()
{
if (staticflags[0]==1)
{
SC_SetObjectCoords (*flag's id*,GetObjectCoords(*PlayerID));
run bla;
}
}
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

me_mantis

08 December 2007 18:59 (UK time)

I tried something like this, and although it was cool, the fact that we don't have a 'point' based system for scoring mp rounds means it don't work.

Dthdealer

09 December 2007 02:04 (UK time)

Set some staticflags that change a button's texture on a toolbar to the players score, and the name of the button is the player.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Canuck

09 December 2007 19:45 (UK time)

The points system could be like, whenever you got back to your base with the flag, it would run a script to give you an item named 'Point', so it would display however many points you had in the upper-right. Then you could have the base sector run a trigger that would end the game if you had 10 points, or whatever.

void Basesectortrigger()
{
If (SC_GetItemCount("CTF Point";)==10)
{
SC_EndCurrentLevel();
}
}

Something like that, anyway.

Dthdealer

04 January 2008 08:10 (UK time)

Credits would be faster, no need to create a new obejct.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use