You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  99 weapons

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: 99 weapons

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 February 2007 23:09 (UK time)

in case you didnt already know, I am working on a mod called 99 weapons, which is simply a mod with new sprites, projectiles, weapons, and powerups. Everything else is the same. You can open up your own maps in the map editor, and place whatever weapons you want in the map, and as long as you are using the Colonel Ash object, you can weild anyone of them.

I've got about 15 ideas so far. I used some ideas from games, like the Pulse gun from Turok, and the Plasma Gun from Doom. I also included guns that were originally supposed to be in meteor but got rooted out, like the Colt Commando, Crossbow, Fisties, and Chainsaw. Also included are some new weapons, like hand grenades, molotovs, railgun, knife, sawed-off shotgun, and even a lightsaber (green).

Anyone got ideas for weapons? Any weapons you always dreamed of in Meteor, but never got to use? I'll make em!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
10 February 2007 06:46 (UK time)

/me wonders if what papercut's doing would have been good for GM

40oz
 Official Sponsor

13 February 2007 00:02 (UK time)

Hahaha. Seriously though, any guns, even from games you've played that you admired. I'll even accept crazy ideas.

No gravity gun from HL2 though. I've already rendered that impossible, as I can't find a realistic solution to it.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

1up

15 February 2007 22:22 (UK time)

Im tryin a Mag-Rail, but it doesnt go through objects like boxes and walls (SO FUSTRATING! ANYTHING WITH 100 ARMOR-PIERCE Should go through EVERYTHING!(except *human* class obj.))

The Paparazzi camera idea worked out nicely, not to metion the Big Mech Grenade Launcher, the FFAR rockets, Revised MLRS Missles(The REAL MLRS takes out BUNKERS!), Chaingun(normal and 50Cal), revised grenadelauncher + Rocket Launcher, the NEW Sniper Rifle and other doodads too far to go into detail with.

I turned the Pulse Cannon into a Pulse Rifle, cuz the fast shooting makes me lag a bit. The Plasma Rifle i borrowed from the XP3 cannon in CivilWar lols.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Edited: 15 February 2007 22:23

40oz
 Official Sponsor

16 February 2007 02:39 (UK time)

hahaha the reason why your railgun doesn't go through walls is because sectors (walls) are not assigned armor values. They are simply impassible to any projectile. And all projectiles are stopped on contact with any object. I don't know how to get around that.

I think it is possible to make a reeeeeally long muzzle flash sprite that looks like it goes through walls, but only damage the first thing it makes contact with. It won't really work exactly like a mag-rail, but it will at least look like one.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

1up

18 February 2007 16:04 (UK time)

currently working on molotov cocktails, but james didnt assign a continuous damage value, so its kinda hard. I just made it shoot like lotta cocktails that well...

remodified doom tank, now has a 25mm cannon, an extra minigun turret and one mounted mech grenade launcher ^_^!

added battery powerup, only gives one charge for pulse cannon; used by paparazzi.

changed fusion cannon for maximum potency and leathality(mostly to yourself).

I will try the frag idea tho they dont really keep bounching around >_>
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!

Dthdealer

21 March 2007 08:09 (UK time)

ramjet, auto-rifle and chem-sprayer from c&c ren! me likee
can you do continuos projectiles in m2? like some sort of electricity gun with a fast, but not ending until you stop firing projectile?

Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Knasp

21 March 2007 11:12 (UK time)

Make a smoke grenade, so you can hide in Multiplayer matches!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 March 2007 15:43 (UK time)

Never played renegade, think you could show me some screenies of what the gun does?

I suppose you mean like the pulse rifle from Unreal Tournament. I cant make projectiles go through enemies, but I can make -1 speed projectiles that shoot really fast, and then have a really long muzzle sprite that goes off the screen to make it look like a long shock. I am doing that for the railgun, except it will shoot one burst at a time, doing lots of damage.

Smoke grenades would be awesome. I can change the shrapnel sprite, but I dont know If I can make the shrapnels last a long enough time.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 21 March 2007 15:44

Dthdealer

14 April 2007 01:45 (UK time)

do a 0 speed projectile. does no damage even if you walk over it and a smoke sprite that ends on a 1x1 blank frame (so it wont flood the screen or computer). just put in like 20000 minsecs for the main smoke image in the sprite, then do smaller ones till the totally transpearent 1x1.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

1up

14 April 2007 04:28 (UK time)

Try 64000 range with 1 speed. I have been playing around with it, and noticed that it acted like a sword. I never tried this, but try animating a projectile like a sword slash or a laser beam coming from one end and eventually dissapating. If it works, YAY!. If not, idk. Hopes this helps.

Also, about the railgun idea...Make it burst fire, like a shotgun. This is to prevent people questioning about the "Reload everyshot and how can i have fractions of a charge left" thing. Dont assign spray; it will be strange-looking.

prob about smoke grenade compromise: dont forget that the proj. stays there, and if too many ppl use S-grenades then it might crash lols.

Edited: 15 April 2007 15:10

JohnnyRancid

17 April 2007 23:15 (UK time)

Make some crazy ass guns.

a shotgun that shoots rockets =)
Some super fast laser chaingun with a spray factor of 20
Some super fast machine gun with a clipsize of 12.
Flame thrower that fires in all directions.

Dthdealer

19 April 2007 11:11 (UK time)

it would take alot (about guessing 2000) proj sprites until m2 would crash. had a thought, is it possible for someone to make a/write a 0x0 pcx, as m2 tries to display images even if they are the worlds most corrupt file, so it shouldn't be a problem to run, but is it possible to make one?
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Erik

19 April 2007 17:05 (UK time)

I made an mini-rocket-shotgun last year. It had short range but devastating effect in close combat(when all mini rockets hit the same target at the same time).

1up

01 May 2007 03:57 (UK time)

lols. I tried remaking the Laser Chain Gun from M1. worked like a charm. Also made deadly spray grenades which killed everyone, and a Humvee with a rocket launcher mounted on it.

Canuck

31 August 2007 01:41 (UK time)

how about the watch laser from Goldeneye 007 (on the N64)

Edited: 31 August 2007 01:41

1up

31 August 2007 13:50 (UK time)

thats not really practical, because james in his eternal business did not think to add a "beam" value to projectiles, therefore instead of doing damage over time, it only does damage if it hits...

qwertyuiop
17 November 2007 04:27 (UK time)

put on an electricity weapon. it would have to be short range, but really powerful. make it a continuous bolt as long as the trigger is held down. and make it take the sasme ammo as the pulse cannon

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

17 November 2007 05:18 (UK time)

it would be something like the TSX shock rifle from the ww3 mod
i must admit that i like it very much too
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Edited: 17 November 2007 05:20

DarkRain

17 November 2007 07:19 (UK time)

You can also make the HyperBlaster from Quake 2. The projectile can be a small and green dot.
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Edited: 17 November 2007 21:58

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use