You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Meteor 2 Multiplayer feature request

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 2 Multiplayer feature request

me_mantis

09 October 2006 05:10 (UK time)

I figured that I'd give M2 a try with my cool wireless network at my college, and I was able to h2h whit a guy who's room is over 100 feet away. He only had to reconnnect once, and it played realy smoothly.

So I'm gonna try to scale up and get more people playing, but I'm wondering if a few features could be implemented.

#1. Teams... set either in the MP options or ingame. This would help, although for now, can set every1's name to have their team name included.

#2. Team Start points... Sorta related to teams.. Team 1 would start at h2h 1, team 2 at h2h 2 etc.

#3. Colors... You can set your color in the menu, but it doesn't do anything.

#4. Chat... when Typing, the M key freezes your computer and displays the passible map. Chat also d/c's you if you take longer than 10 seconds to type.

#5. End of level pause that shows every players rankings.

#6. Make all players visible on the minimap option. Its hard to play 1v1 and not be able to see eachother.

thats all I can think of for now, and I hope to play some 8v8's soon =D

Edited: 09 October 2006 05:24

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
09 October 2006 14:52 (UK time)

I've seen the todo list and most of the high priority stuff is with multiplayer. I'd assume what you'll see in the next version will satisfy many of these points :)

I was thinking of constantly leaving a server running to see if we can get people to join whenever they feel like it.

VR_Rat

09 October 2006 20:26 (UK time)

Finally thhe idea of running a constant server is here. I've been wanting an oppertunity like this forever.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 October 2006 20:30 (UK time)

can't you set teams withh scripts tat bind players to Allied, Enemy, GNV, ROD etc.? I'm not sure if this does much though.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

arezey

09 October 2006 21:19 (UK time)

you even scripted one before lol

me_mantis

09 October 2006 21:23 (UK time)

Yes, I did some team scripts in my rtss mod, but its a bit flaky, and is sorta not implemented in the current mp maps.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 March 2007 20:57 (UK time)

I'd like to revive this thread to include that chat not be set as game messages as it can sometimes get in the way and distracting, and it shows up in the console on the left side anyway, so it generally does not need to be in the way.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use