You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Suggestions  \  Homing Missles

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Homing Missles

arezey

08 December 2005 12:58 (UK time)

Is there a way to put in the projectile editor a choice that makes the projectile follow an object nearest if any (but no the shooter!)?

Edit: forgot the question mark!

Edited: 08 December 2005 12:58

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

mike323
08 December 2005 16:56 (UK time)

Well you can already sort of do that as a non-projectile.

Make a missle object which has a short-ranged explosive projectile and with a health of 1. then it will achieve the same effect.

arezey

08 December 2005 18:32 (UK time)

Well, I meant as a real projectile, like one, that can be shot with an uber for example.

shockdrop

08 December 2005 20:29 (UK time)

I thought of a way to do this, but i have yet to try it. I thought of his way, and another. Spawn a projectile form a coordinate of your choice, and set it to go to the players coordinates, which are always moving. Or some other things. But i havent looked at the script file in awhile, so i dont know if there is a spawn projectile script, or a projectile follow script. Other then that, it works. Now if James could implament this into, or make the scripts, then it could be easy. You could also have swarm weapons. Like spawn 10 or so projectiles, say bullets, and they will follow the player till they reach him. Or you could use rocket swarms....

o_O longest post i ever think ive written here...

James Bunting
09 December 2005 11:16 (UK time)

Generally I think this is a great idea and it could be implemented at some stage.

Perhaps a laser guided option could work well, just like the rocket launcher in Half-Life.

Just think of the deathmatch games!

Assain

09 December 2005 14:59 (UK time)

"Just think of the deathmatch games! "

Dont make me >.<

AHHH!! 5 HOMING MISSLES FOLLOWING ME!! O_O

mike323
10 December 2005 00:58 (UK time)

o.O

You kids and your homing missles...

shockdrop

10 December 2005 04:26 (UK time)

Well its better then chickens that keep following you...or other random objects...

like alek.......

EDIT: while using the shot-gun (Pprcuts of course (love that weapon)) i thought of this idea. Make the bullet count like 20 or 30 or so, then fire one shot, with homing bullets. Pure. Havic. Lots of little bullets flying around with the power to kill you in one shot :p (this place needs REAL smileys) so dam cool...

Edited: 10 December 2005 06:46

arezey

10 December 2005 11:21 (UK time)

HAHAHA! Did you know that you <b>could</b> make a script that can make a random object follow you?

SC_SetObjectFollow(SC_Random(0,ObjectCount),SC_GetPlayerObjectId());

It's not a hard one. ObjectCount is the number of the objects on your map

Edited: 10 December 2005 11:21

Rondom

03 March 2006 17:31 (UK time)

Dont forget it James !!!!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

04 March 2006 06:22 (UK time)

I prefer not to have the homing projectiles, but the laser guided ones like on Half-Life would be fantastic.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

VR_Rat

04 March 2006 12:59 (UK time)

Yeah homing missiles are cheap, but the laser guided missles would be a nice addition.

me_mantis

08 March 2006 03:05 (UK time)

I just implemented object based projectiles, but you can't guild them.

ST.SLICK

25 January 2007 17:33 (UK time)

Why not just use a Dispersion Shotgun of doom? no need for accuracy in a shotgun lols

VR_Rat

25 January 2007 21:59 (UK time)

The idea is to make a challenge for the player. A game won't last for long if you have a shotgun with a super wide spread that is as good as the 50 cal minigun. Yes a laser guided missle would be cheap in some ways unless it almost perfectly simulated the half-life one in the essence that you only guide it left, right, up, and down. Not forward and backward.

1up

25 January 2007 22:40 (UK time)

maybe make the missle move fast, so that its hard to steer. This would prevent one player standing by a rocket respawn point and killing everyone else...Thats if you use a homing missle like the AT-420 Sentinel...
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Edited: 25 January 2007 22:41

1up

25 January 2007 22:57 (UK time)

As for the heat-seeking...it should only follow players when within about 400 yards or so...should multi-rocket laser guidance be allowed? O_o I mean, you point and some allies fire laser guided rockets...do all of the rockets go for the same target, or do the AI of your allies control them?
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Edited: 26 January 2007 23:56

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use