You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Announcements  \  Beta Update

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Beta Update

James Bunting
03 August 2004 23:36 (UK time)

The plan right now is to get a beta out ASAP. I am aware that I have to release 2 Meteor 1 mods (Dave Man's updated mod and Papercut's new mod) but these are queued behind Meteor v1.21 which is required to run them properly.

It is likely that Beta 1 will be very basic in terms of its AI. It will most likely feature roaming AI (Meteor 1 style) without the waypoints and code trigger system etc. There will be some basic triggers in place for stuff like Teleporting and level exits.

Apart from these factors (and a lack of levels/monsters etc) the beta will be fully playable and people will be able to play around with the editors. I am not sure whether the M2 beta will appear before Meteor 1 v1.21, it just depends which is ready first.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Grunt002
05 August 2004 19:25 (UK time)

Keep up the great work on it! ;)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

06 August 2004 20:24 (UK time)

Agh! I wanted my mod to come out before M2! Aww man, I was just too slow.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

James Bunting
06 August 2004 21:02 (UK time)

Yeah your mod is ready to roll I will get it arranged. I was gonna get the new version of Dave Man's mod out first but I need to do some more work on it.

James.

Flammable Maniac

07 August 2004 15:28 (UK time)

Well im just glad youre still alive :p

James Bunting
08 August 2004 23:00 (UK time)

Oh yes I am still rocking, soon you will see why I have been so busy lol.

Hey Papercut you may have noticed your mod is out and it beat the M2 beta, I just hope they get time to finish the mod :).

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2004 03:32 (UK time)

Yah hopefully.

My mod is The Sequel to Meteor So in other words, This is what happens shortly after the completion of Meteor. Then M2 comes out and thats what happens after the sequel. Thats why I wanted my mod to come before M2.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

21 August 2004 19:37 (UK time)

Any day now... M2 will be here and it will blow us right out of our shoes. I hope everyones stayin patient and not burning theyre computer, thinking that M2 will never come out. But M2 is just around the corner and I am willing to do anything to make it awesome! (except the coding stuff that I don't know how to do, so I wont be able to add much new features...)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

NiXXeN
21 August 2004 23:16 (UK time)

Oh! Cool! Meteor2!
I had meteor 1 a long time ago. got it on a cd that came with a magazine.
I played through the whole thing (although some missions were eral hard so it took some time. like the one where you first got that fusion bomb thing). Great game.

My primary pc has been sent in for repairs and i'm stuck with my backup pc, so i can't play the newest games(well.. actualy i can't play any kind of 3d game that came after 98).
And after a few days of boredom it came to me. METEOR! I googled and found the page, downloaded it, and glazed through the web page. And i saw it... Meteor _2_
I instantly clicked it and checked out the images.
And to me it looks great :)

But over to my point..
Beta, beta, beta.. Is there one out?
And if there is.. Where can i download it?

And to the people that say "i don't care if it's not finished, just release it!"
Trust me.. You don't want that... Or.. You might want them to release the beta. But you also want them to call it a beta. And i thikn we've all seen what can happen with pre-releases of "finished" games. *cough*Enter the matrix*cough*
:)
Well anyway.. Keep it up..

40oz
 Official Sponsor

22 August 2004 07:04 (UK time)

Beta still has some time to come, but thats a good point, dont want a peice of crap beta do ya? I mean your yelling for the game now and then your gonna be yelling "What the hell is this piece of crap? I dont want this!!!" Don't get picky now.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

James Bunting
22 August 2004 18:45 (UK time)

Don't worry NiXXeN, if you sign up for notifications you get a beta code and an email when its out, its worth waiting around for. Until then you can play some of the Meteor 1 mods at www.meteormods.com .

James.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

24 August 2004 21:28 (UK time)

Try Mine! (Meteor WW3) That one will keep you playing for a while!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

24 August 2004 21:38 (UK time)

Ya Meteor WW3 is great! It is hard too. I got to the second to last level. You will be spending some time on that! :)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

26 August 2004 04:02 (UK time)

Wow you did? allthe way to the BLACKHOLE MECH? Good Job!
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Was this really FBI?
(no longer an active user)

26 August 2004 21:47 (UK time)

I am agree that it is an hard mod.
I have been working up to the level after the subtrain.
You have spend a lot of time on it. Don't you?

Assain

27 August 2004 03:41 (UK time)

I still need to finish the level i played a week or two ago =(

Agent Nightfire

30 August 2004 18:22 (UK time)

Give it some time. I can't believe how good I have done. That is because I beat Meteor 2 times and I started playing Jon's mod and that is like twice as hard as Meteor. The BLACKHOLE MECH takes all you can bring to the table. If you get to close RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited: 30 August 2004 18:22

Agent Nightfire

30 August 2004 18:24 (UK time)

Oh ya Jon. I 4got 2 give you the floppy's you left at my house. I 4got to bring them to 1000 islands.

Agent Nightfire

30 August 2004 18:25 (UK time)

The BLACKHOLE MECH takes forever to beat.

Agent Nightfire

30 August 2004 18:26 (UK time)

It waz cool on the train.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

30 August 2004 21:14 (UK time)

Yep the blackhole mech is hard but is STILL too easy for me to beat. All of his weapons can be easily avoided if you get to those 'Battery Boxes' As I like to call them, So i edited that map for you to be flooded with arachnatrons after you killed him.

The Map where your in the train is pretty easy, so I gave it a small Time Limit and stuffed a bomb in the back. I dont like that level much, besides how it looks like the train is really moving. But the map is too small and hard to fit through the tight smaxes, but I didnt want to have a completely empty train and I wanted the train to look like the size it did when you entered it in Serenity City Part II.

I like the map after the train better, after you dont make it to the substation in time and you dive out before the last few seconds of the trains life.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Agent Nightfire

31 August 2004 01:38 (UK time)

The train is cool and due to the legs it is hard to get through tight spaces but I still like the level. I like all the levels I beat. And I hate the levels I can't beat. It's weird but I like everything I beat. But there are excuses like cr**py free games and other stuff.

Assain

31 August 2004 01:59 (UK time)

I beet your game Papercut! Well, i wasnt expecting another level after the Blackhole Mech so I wasted all of my ammo on it... and those damn Arachnid thingys... by the time i was on the last level i had no ammo! Aiiieee! Soooo.... i used good ol' god mode and won..lol

40oz
 Official Sponsor

01 September 2004 15:52 (UK time)

Cheater...

Lol Im just kidding but I am going to have to make a patch that fixes alot of problems. Mostly with the tile set and the last level, since it definetly needs more health and ammo. I was going to make the blackhole mech the last level but I believed it was too easy so I finished the game off by putting you on the roof of the xlabs. Umm im not sure if i edited this thing on my mod but do the cloaked mercenaries carry shock rifles or uzis?

When I test out the last level and make it 'possible' Then ill send in the patch. I may also replace the double pistols with double uzis.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

02 September 2004 00:17 (UK time)

They definityly had Shock Rifles! It was sorta kool though, because when your on god mode with no ammo the whole point is to use the ene's weapons aganst them. What better way to do it than with a Shock Rifle?

40oz
 Official Sponsor

02 September 2004 03:29 (UK time)

Hehe. The only problem is that they had no point in being cloaked if theyre weapons gave it away. i should of givin them M19s but its still fun to watch them saw tanks and jets in half. Especially the part where theres a whole mess of air scouts. (I put those air scouts there since I know everyone [or at least I do] hates them.)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Was this really FBI?

02 September 2004 13:54 (UK time)

Yes, air scout is my biggest enemy on the hole Meteor!! LOL

40oz
 Official Sponsor

03 September 2004 04:44 (UK time)

Theyre so hard because theyre the only unit that can go over walls and move while firing at the same time. They are still fun to fight though, although they are almost the only reson I die in meteor. (Besides Colt Commandos, and running into a guy without noticing him.)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Assain

03 September 2004 21:54 (UK time)

OMG i would waste my plasmas and all my ammo just on those STUPID AIR SCOUTS!! GRRRR.... THEY ALL NEED TO DIE HAHA! i dont like em'... =)

40oz
 Official Sponsor

04 September 2004 17:40 (UK time)

screw the lasercannon on them, whip out the minigun, tsx shock rifle or anything else that fires a fast projectile.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

unkel joe

13 September 2004 07:50 (UK time)

where do i get the password for the beta? i now have the zip file but it asks me for the password.

Was this really FBI?

13 September 2004 12:41 (UK time)

You have to choose Betas and notification up on the site and then tick where it stands: Yes, i want betas and notification or something like that. Then you will get your own beta password!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use