You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Announcements  \  Zelda Ocarina of Time complete recreation

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Zelda Ocarina of Time complete recreation

jjohnnyr
29 March 2012 00:10 (UK time)

Hello everyone, i started making a map of Ocarina of Time, mayby making the different timelines too seperated by a big black space if room is available but for now i m trying to create the Hyrule from when you are young link, started with Lake Hylian alredy and gotta say its shaping up nicely, and when i m done with the map mayby could take use of the script system to make it as the story events in Zelda.
Dont have much time to fiddle with it thou so probably gonna take some time.
What do you think of this project?
Have any tips or feedback?
Btw again how do you post images, want to post pictures of the map as its shaping up more and more , show you what i've got so far and stuff.
you could give me feedback and stuff for things thats missing or things that mayby looks not right , very helpful to have a take from others POV.
Save us Y2J

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

29 March 2012 06:45 (UK time)

I haven't played Zelda before but new stuff always welcomed.
Unless you're rank2 on the forum, the only way to show images is to upload somewhere and link it here.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

me_mantis

29 March 2012 18:53 (UK time)

Sounds like this could be fun!

Welcome to the forums!!!

Hightree121

29 March 2012 20:16 (UK time)

Sweet. If you need any help with art or mapping just ask. I don't know anything about the M2 scripting though. My brother will also help. The question is if it is possible to create a persistent world where you interactions in child phase affect the adult phase. There are only two options I see in making this possible. One is creating a different map for every different action that you take as a child and another set that could possibly "save" your progress as an adult by setting dungeon areas as clear. The other option would be to create a gigantic map where there are actually two copies of Hyrule, one of which is adult and the other of which is childhood, and all of the dungeon areas where scripts could interact between the two maps.

Edited: 29 March 2012 20:25

James Bunting
30 March 2012 20:50 (UK time)

Excellent.

jjohnnyr
31 March 2012 21:10 (UK time)

thanks!

Wheow, Hightree, i didn't think about the action and reaction thing, that sounds very complicated and hard to get done(escpecially the last way as i have no idea how to script between maps), would of course try but first i m going to concentrate on the map looks, i m actually playing zelda on the TV as im making the map to get details in.
Every door or cave entrance will be connected to a teleporting script to a big black space on the map with rooms represtenting the room or cave you're inn, so it looks as if youre inside it with the exception of small houses or other small indoor places.
I m still working on Lake Hylian, am gonna upload a picture somwhere probably on Youtube or something and link it here so i could get some opinions on Lake Hylia so far.
Save us Y2J

Edited: 31 March 2012 21:11

James Bunting
01 April 2012 18:40 (UK time)

Nice.

You can actually upload files to the forum as you now have 3 stars.

jjohnnyr
08 April 2012 04:22 (UK time)

@James Bunting

Thanks!

So how do you post images?
do you link it here from a hosting page(would be like embed it from there) or is it possible to upload it somehow?
Save us Y2J

Edited: 08 April 2012 04:26

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

08 April 2012 05:27 (UK time)

There are "attach files" links at the bottom of your posts, when you're logged in.
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

jjohnnyr
09 April 2012 23:29 (UK time)

i see, stupid me didn't notice it there:p
Save us Y2J

jjohnnyr
09 April 2012 23:38 (UK time)

So here goes, i havent done too much as you probably can see.
have started on the fishing pond and iserted text scripts on signs and dialogue.
the bridge with the no terrain image thing is just while editing so i can walk between the pond and the main land.
I have done lakeside labratory and the inside, and the bridge to the top of the water temple and some of the stones there, not feeling entierly finished with the inside and the small islands thou.
btw what do you think of using the ingame textures?
should i use them?
i have used till now as you can see but it can get pretty limited, but its better this way too as its easier to post it online not requiring any subliminar downloads.
And also Not made the mountains around the outlines of lake hylian, am kinda wondering thou if i should use mountains or just blackness?
Save us Y2J

Edited: 10 April 2012 00:22

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use