You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Announcements  \  Meteor 2 Dream Emulator

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Meteor 2 Dream Emulator

Dthdealer

25 October 2009 09:45 (UK time)

Taken from the batch-file:

echo "################################################################################"

echo "# THE METEOR TWO DREAM EMULATOR - PRE-RELEASE 1 #"

echo "################################################################################"

echo " I've been working on M2DE after getting the idea from LSD: Dream emulator "

echo " videos from youtube. There is no aim or goal to this modification other than "

echo " exploration. There are no enemies (well, there might be if you look hard "

echo " enough) and there is only one level."

echo " "

echo " When you start the game, you start in your bedroom. Although you stand, you "

echo " weightless. Next to you lies your body - deep asleep. "

echo " "

echo " Each game lasts from three to five minutes. Simply start a single-player game."

echo " "

echo " For those of you who know how to, please, do not look at the script file nor "

echo " map in the editor unless you have played the game a dozen or more times. "

echo " "

echo " THIS IS A TESTING RELEASE - please report all bugs "

echo " "

echo " Press any key to start the game..."

Also note the mod was entirely created under Linux (with the exception of a few textures I had discarded some time ago)

Still a big work in progress!

Known bugs:
* You may start on a big, empty island that looks like a rotten banana cross-section. Just re-load the map and try again - I'm still working on that one.
* Small delay when crossing the bridge in the Violence District (island full of roads). This is unavoidable.
* Map timelimit not yet set - I forgot to do so before zipping. Expect in next release

Interesting Features:
* A bridge that you can both go under and over
* Random possible events
* Multiple locations
* No weaponry

Todo:
* Tasks that can be performed for outcomes (to be included)
* Make a random map time-limit
* Link all of the islands together with multiple teleporters
* Replace current music with something more peaceful.
* Replace many of the sound effects (menu clicking, messageboxes etc) with blank
* Add a tonnes more content to three or more islands
* Add many more units
* Add short animations that can be triggered before quitting the dream
* Allow dreams to end abruptly by you getting killed
* Add player to another team other than 'Dream' so that he can't get objects to follow him
* Replace as many M2 textures with new ones so that the mod can be independent.

Wishlist:
* Music that suits the game better
* Truck and people sprites/images

Uploading now offsite - you'll have to wait a few minutes :p
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Edited: 25 October 2009 09:47

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dthdealer

25 October 2009 10:42 (UK time)

Blaaargh! Uploading problems and it's late. I'll try again tomorrow. Sorry
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

DarkRain

25 October 2009 14:50 (UK time)

@Dthdealer

I am waiting for your mod eagerly. ;)
The Dark Age is upon us! Quake 2 mapmaker.

Spy

25 October 2009 15:46 (UK time)

Lol, I just got attacked by a Trojan, my torrent got infected. Oh well, I hope your mod succeeds.
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

ParaSait

25 October 2009 16:24 (UK time)

Spy wrote:
Lol, I just got attacked by a Trojan, my torrent got infected. Oh well, I hope your mod succeeds.
Message.Sentences[0] == FACT_RANDOM;
Message.Sentences[1] == FACT_AGREED;

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 25 October 2009 16:25

Dthdealer

26 October 2009 09:31 (UK time)

http://willhostforfood.com/users/W/WilliamDthdealer/M2DE.7z .7z 11.8mb
http://willhostforfood.com/users/W/WilliamDthdealer/M2DE.zip winfart zip 13.5mb

This is (pre) release 1 - very basic and lacking much depth or value other than to show you some of what to expect. It's going to get a lot more interactive and fun before reaching proper versions.

Remember - unless you have seen the dragon, you haven't seen it all,
You may NOT:
- Reverse engineer any program files.

Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Edited: 26 October 2009 10:04

ParaSait

26 October 2009 15:05 (UK time)

Dthdealer wrote:

You may NOT:
- Reverse engineer any program files.
Yea, I also discovered that júst when I managed to find out the data structure of the M1 map format... d'oh! :D

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

27 October 2009 11:35 (UK time)

k stucked already on that tree part
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

me_mantis

13 November 2009 02:30 (UK time)

this is very weird.
I think silence is the best soundtrack.

Or maybe a really weird mod that plays lil bits of random music ever few minutes.

Dthdealer

13 November 2009 09:07 (UK time)

@me_mantis[keens]

Good idea for the Music

@PetiX
Stuck? There is no aim. The fact you say you are stuck shows the map needs much more content!
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

ParaSait

13 November 2009 09:43 (UK time)

me_mantis wrote:
I think silence is the best soundtrack.
That's why I turn off the music in Meteor :p (or usually I play my own external playlist in the background)

Edited: 13 November 2009 09:43

nyasudah
 Official Sponsor

13 November 2009 11:29 (UK time)

heh k, i just didnt wathced the map as you wanted
now that i played it one more time i see its a random thingy and theres rlly no aim (^^,)
btw nice d(^^p)
nyasudah / masuda / mp / PetiX / PtX

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use