You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Announcements  \  Basic Scripting Learned, Made A Demo Of GAL For M2!

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Basic Scripting Learned, Made A Demo Of GAL For M2!

Spy

16 July 2008 22:17 (UK time)

I Just Learned Basic Scripting! I Also Made A Get A Life (TC Mod For Half Life 2) Demonstation Map Using My New Skills! It's Really Good Detailed Because Im A Big Fan Of That Mod! Its Very Small And Represents Alex's House From GAL. But Hey, Dont Expect Much From A Newbie Scripter! Oh And Special Thanks For Janne For Labyrinth Map, The Trigger Commands There Put This All On Start, Im Going To Make More Demos In The Future. Thanks Again Janne! I Could'nt Done It Without Your Map!
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dthdealer

17 July 2008 04:42 (UK time)

You need to attach the script file too.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Spy

17 July 2008 08:45 (UK time)

What Script File????

Janne

17 July 2008 08:55 (UK time)

What mod your map needs? It don't work with Regular Meteor 2

ParaSait

17 July 2008 12:50 (UK time)

Yeah, the script file. You know, that file with the same name as your map but with .c or .sc as an extension. You need to include it as it's compiled if the player loads the map.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Spy

17 July 2008 13:11 (UK time)

Its The Meteor 2 Beta v. 1.3 -.- Oh And Still Dont Get It, About "Script Files" I Mean, Its Just A Stupid Regular Map! EDIT: I Dont Even Find That Kind Of File!

Edited: 17 July 2008 13:17

Dthdealer

18 July 2008 05:02 (UK time)

But you just posted about learning scripting and this is your map...
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Spy

18 July 2008 13:38 (UK time)

WHAT WHAT WHAT??? I Still Dont Get It!

ParaSait

18 July 2008 14:18 (UK time)

You were talking about scripting. Well, then we would at least expect a map with a script file! Get it now? =P

EDIT: Or was the scripting thing just a random fact and you made use of the same topic to upload a map that hasn't got anything to do with that?

EDIT2: Or is the script file still in progress?

EDIT3: Or...

EDIT4: Or...

EDIT5: Or...

EDITn: Or...

Lol =D

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Edited: 18 July 2008 14:23

Spy

18 July 2008 16:45 (UK time)

The SCRIPT TRIGGERS ARE IN THAT MAP!!!!

40oz
 Official Sponsor

18 July 2008 23:05 (UK time)

Chill buddy, Scripting is a concept that involves typing specific information into a text file and saving it with a .SC extension (Because by default, Notepad saves as a .txt)

If you only used Meteor to make your map, and did not type up anything in notepad that made your map do new things, then there aren't any scripts in your map. That's just called mapping.

Maybe you should show us a screenshot. And the map doesn't run for us because you need to put it in a .zip folder before attaching it. We've learned in the past that for whatever reason attaching a straight map to a post corrupts it and makes it unplayable. I'm not sure why, but putting it in a .zip file protects it.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 18 July 2008 23:08

Dthdealer

19 July 2008 10:30 (UK time)

The files do not corrupt, the JB forum code only allows you to download .zip,.rar,.exe,.png,.jpg,.jpeg,.gif and probably some others.
Also known as Veyrdite

"Can't you just fix-"

"How do I do that?"

Spy

19 July 2008 13:32 (UK time)

Oh Ok, Sorry But They Are Like Called Script Triggers What I Put Into Textures (Sectors) So I Misunderstood! And Im Getting Pretty Tired Not Being Able To Make Sprites Without That Stupid Thing That When You Make A Sprite, Paint Backround To Purple, It Looks Half - Purple And Half - Invisible And It Looks Like A Mess! And, Theyr Just Too Big So If I Cant Find A Solution I Have To Scrap My Bountyhunter Mod Which Sucks By The Way, And Im Not American/English So Sometimes I Haf To Write Stupid Crap Like This Because I Cant Speak It Properly!! Anyway, SORRY. PS: If The Download Link Dosent Open U Haf TO RIGHT CLICK IT AND SELECT SAVE AS!

Edited: 19 July 2008 13:35

40oz
 Official Sponsor

19 July 2008 14:19 (UK time)

It's fine man, if you'd like to come onto the IRC channel some time, i could help you out a little with making sprites and stuff.
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Spy

19 July 2008 20:31 (UK time)

Sure, Thanx... And Sorry For Arguing About That Joke!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use