JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  User Announcements  \  I need mapper

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: I need mapper

Nokiaman

02 February 2008 11:58 (UK time)

I need mapper to model City of Lost Heaven map in Meteor 2
Here you can reply:
http://www.moddb.com/mods/8907/meteor-city-of-lost-heaven

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Dthdealer

03 February 2008 05:30 (UK time)

Reasons you can't map?
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Nokiaman

10 February 2008 17:12 (UK time)

I am not too skilled.Mapper will create textures and will make good enviroment.And I donīt have much time.

Edited: 10 February 2008 17:12

James Bunting
20 March 2008 15:42 (UK time)

I saw this mod on moddb and am glad somebody put a Meteor 2 mod on there.

Sounds like a good theme, you should write out a plan for each level (just a few lines each). That way any potential mapper will have a much better idea of what to do.

Spy

20 March 2008 16:14 (UK time)

I Propably Cant Even Script 1 Trigger In M2 =p
I was known as Naval War before.
I love and mod Amnesia: The Dark Descent.
Also an active osu! player: https://osu.ppy.sh/u/3971179

Nokiaman

26 March 2008 16:00 (UK time)

James Bunting personaly?Thanks for creating Meteor!Too bad noone want to help me :(

ParaSait

26 March 2008 18:36 (UK time)

Honestly, I'm not too good at mapping either. I'm looking for a mapper for my mod Ultimate War too. Perhaps if someone would be kind enough to design the maps, and I will script them. Volunteers (you'll be credited)?

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Erik

27 March 2008 09:00 (UK time)

Mrazerty, i could try. Just give me some hints on what the level should look like :p I can script exit and messages though :p

ParaSait

28 March 2008 17:47 (UK time)

OK thanks! I'm not at home right now (where my ultwar mod data is) so I'll notify you when we can start mapping. I know your e-mail address, you gave it in my multiplayer planning topic.

This link is dead. It's only still here because, err... yknow, it's some sort of... memorial.

Dthdealer

29 March 2008 06:16 (UK time)

I can also help if you need me. Maps as well as scripts and textures.
Also known as Veyrdite
My website: http://halestrom.net/darksleep@Occasionally you may meet me when you sleep. In the darkest corners of your dreams, where your phone stops working and you don't know what to do. I'll be there; telling you that I don't support your device.

"Can't you just fix-"
NO! I told you when you bought this, when it goes wrong I can't fix it. It's filled with glue. The Greek goddess of glue Araldities herself would be impressed with this.

Please stop asking me for technical support during your dreams. Can't we just tour some surreal landscapes instead?

"How do I do that?"

Count your fingers. Keep trying. Make sure there's ten.

Then summon me. I am large and covered in wires. Clouds of baking soda pour into your world and a slightly weak yellowy glow appears from the LED strips behind me.

If you can see this message then you're already part of the way there. Keep all your styles disabled and you might see the dream within.

"But there's so much javascript everywhere! I can't see you. Help! I've forgotten to count my fingers! Where do I find them?"

The LED strip behind me pops and goes out. Dark spots appear in the centre of each light. I lift my finger to my lips. The smell of tantalum capacitors fills the air.

Ssh. Don't worry about that. Behind those frameworks there's another person sleeping.

Some day the javascript will sleep too.

Erik

30 March 2008 11:59 (UK time)

I can't promise any very good maps, but let's try ;)

The scripting is for you pros :D

Nokiaman

08 April 2008 19:59 (UK time)

Anyone want join my mod?I really need help on my mod.

ParaSait

08 April 2008 20:10 (UK time)

@Nokiaman:
OK, what sort of help do you need except mapping? Perhaps I can do something.

@Erik:
I just have to finish a few things for Ultimate War and then, if you like, you can strart mapping.

Edited: 08 April 2008 21:09

Nokiaman

04 May 2008 13:07 (UK time)

@Mrazerty
Map Little Italy.It's importnat town.Anyway if you want know more.We can talk on moddb.

ParaSait

04 May 2008 19:30 (UK time)

Sorry Nokiaman, mapping is one of my weakest points, I must say =S

Nokiaman

07 May 2008 12:58 (UK time)

And what about coding or textures(floors,cars etc.)

ParaSait

07 May 2008 16:34 (UK time)

OK, coding sounds good. I've got about 4 years of general coding experience and 1,5 years of C++ (Where the M2 language is based on).

Nokiaman

07 May 2008 18:50 (UK time)

Good!Create an account on moddb and i add you to our team.Thanks for your help!We still need mapper and someone to make cars and textures!

Edited: 07 May 2008 18:51

ParaSait

07 May 2008 19:48 (UK time)

OK, I created the account. I've got the same name as on this forum.

Nokiaman

07 May 2008 21:24 (UK time)

Ok you got friend invite and group invite ;)

ParaSait

09 May 2008 22:22 (UK time)

Oh there is just one thing: I haven't played Mafia before. But I guess that's not important because I'm just doing the scripting work.

My preferred way of working is that you simply make a list of 'Things that should happen' + the map itself so I can observe and eventually edit it a little to make the script work. The mapper doesn't have to make any script triggering sectors, I will do that. Sounds OK?

1up

14 May 2008 16:31 (UK time)

I could map as well as the next guy, and if you give me a bird's eye view of the map you want made and tell me the scale, it should be straightforward enough. Unfortunately, I am poor at coding...
my real strongpoint is weapons and object-weapon relationships, so if you need any of those done just give a shout!
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!
"Oh shit, hes got THE HALO 1 PISTOL! RUUUUUUN!"
"Be polite. Be efficient. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet." -Red Sniper

Edited: 15 May 2008 02:13

ParaSait

16 May 2008 17:08 (UK time)

OK, so 1UP maps and I script =)

1up

16 May 2008 23:11 (UK time)

its the weekend...perfect
LnL, G2G, IDKBIBT.
im ready when you are.
and the reason im not good at coding is because...i dont practice it much you know? scripting C++ outta scratch is a lot harder than it seems...also much more different. just explainin why I cant seem to make seamless scripts.
"...And with his fight money, he bought two of each animal on earth, then he herded them onto a boat, where he beat the crap out of every single one!*bangs grenades together*" -Team Fortress 2 Soldier
Headshot! Double Kill! Triple Kill! Overkill! killtacular! Killtastrophe! Killimanjaro! Killprocalypse!... Kil-Killionaire?! What happened to kill#9?!

Edited: 16 May 2008 23:12

Nokiaman

01 June 2008 11:36 (UK time)

1up so do you want map?If yes join on moddb and i add you to our team ;)

1up

01 June 2008 16:59 (UK time)

lol when i have time >_< but yes ill join soon

ParaSait

01 June 2008 20:52 (UK time)

Sorry, but I won't be able to work a lot on the mod the next 3 weeks... exams, you know... =S

Nokiaman

02 June 2008 08:32 (UK time)

@Mrazerty
No problem Mrazerty!All countries have exams.I know about it.GOOD LUCK!
@1up
Thanks for help to our mod!

Edited: 02 June 2008 08:34

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use