You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Nailing this problem down

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Nailing this problem down

Assain

13 September 2005 03:25 (UK time)

Ive noticed a signifigant performance decrease from the beta versions to 1.0 FPS wise.

Consider this: I can run medium-size maps on my old 200MHz, 64MB ram Pentium witht he 1.2 Beta fine. Im *crawling* on my 500MHz, 320MB RAM, PIII, FX 5200 128MB vid card, and a way better sound card (but still bad) on 1.0 Full.

What happend? If its the sounds (quite possible with my card), then that would explain alot. Is the sound one of the domanant processes of this game (graphics i garuntee is not)?

Im trying to figure this out, so if i need to disable anything, i can (im running with 0 processes currently). Also, ive noticed M1's credits on 1.3 were running slower. I doubt its because of F-blend, because 1.2 Beta has f-blend.

Any ideas? Was there a big accidental coding loophole of the slightest amount in 1.0 that made the processes take longer? Or is it my system has a problem? It has been running funky lately, but not drastically at all.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

James Bunting
13 September 2005 09:51 (UK time)

I think it is the new collision detection system.

Tell you what. How about I send you an exe with no collision checking for testing (it will take a few days though).

Assain

13 September 2005 11:53 (UK time)

Sure. Ill try that.

James Bunting
23 September 2005 21:47 (UK time)

Remind me after the next release, I will send it then.

Assain

24 September 2005 01:07 (UK time)

Which is soon ;D?

*again, crosses fingers* :p

James Bunting
24 September 2005 01:46 (UK time)

Well I hope it will be in the near future. Put it this way, work has not stopped on Meteor 2 since v1.01 was released and the MP progress can be described as successful and well on track.

The next version will be v1.1. This will include basic multiplayer (head to head and coop) and use the Meteor 1 style connection system. It will also address annoying bugs like backdrop resizing etc.

Later versions will include more features but thats all for later on. I can only do so many things in one stretch you see.

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use