You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  errors that I have found.

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: errors that I have found.

me_mantis

22 August 2005 21:47 (UK time)

Make the Reload Game data button NOT A BUTTON!!!!!!! I Have clicked it 500 times this day. Make it an option. Either A(auto reload) or option B(Only auto reload the specific edited feature that was last used) or option C(what you have now.)

The "Damage Interval" for sector damage DOES NOT DO ANYTHING!!!!! It has the same effect when its 1 as it does when its 500. I could use this fixed

The credits say "Animate Gif Library" Not "Animated Gif Library".

07_06_StorageFacility.map has a pipe that can be followed through a wall into a room that probably should not ba accessed. its very close to the start of the map.

07_08_WeaponTesting.map is really strange. It needs a bit of a briefing, or a sheet of paper that you find that says somthing like this.

We have found that by binding acids to rod creatures, they become very volitile, and are quite agressive. If they begin spawning, and try to escape, activate the Lab L78 containment system. It should only be used as a last resort, as it will kill anything in the lab.

08_01_Epsilon.map ends in a .gif that was meant for the 10_04_SeaFinal.map map, because the helicopter lands on the ship that you start out on in 10_01_SeaBattle.map.

10_01_SeaBattle.txt says

[OnMapStart]
subject=Scouting
About 24 hours ago 5 crew members, were scouting in our harrier, and dissapeared without a distress call. The Engine shutoff, and Im not sure what the code is to re enable it. After you fix the engine, take your helicopter and spot targets for our Turrets. Be carful not to get in the way. If you you collect any information, e-mail it to me with any computer you can find. The GNV Master password is King5, and should unlock most of their workstations.
Best Reguards,
Captian P.Smith
[end]

It should say

[OnMapStart]
subject=Scouting
About 24 hours ago 5 crew members, were scouting in our chinook, and dissapeared without a distress call. Bradly, the engine operator shutdown the engine before he left, and he locked it with a code. He may have told some or computers manager. Engine codes are usually only 2 numbers. After you fix the engine, take your helicopter and spot targets for our Turrets. Be carful not to get in the way. If you you collect any information from GNV, e-mail it to me with any computer you can find. The GNV Master password is King5, and should unlock most of their workstations.
Best Reguards,
Captian P.Smith
[end]

There should be a way that you can use to change the players object type.

I don't think that the sound for the intro plays, and the fact that it is a menu option makes it kind of pointless. Maybe it should be an option in game options(play intro yes/no).
As i remember, the sfx track didn't play.

Edited: 22 August 2005 22:56

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

23 August 2005 01:36 (UK time)

The Intro was a bit hard to follow, I didn't really understand what was happening for most of the time, except after like 3 or 4 replays. But i guess it was supposed to be compacted for disk space.

And the reload game data thing is annoying, it should not be in the Main menu, more like the options menu. Or at least not placed where the exit game button used to be lol
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 23 August 2005 01:38

arezey

23 August 2005 05:59 (UK time)

What about 1. having an option that has checkbuttons and there says "Select which data to load" and having 1 checkbutton for textures, 1 for weapons, 1 for projectiles, 1 for sprites, 1 for objects etc etc and then click OK and it reloads all the stuff that was ticked.

me_mantis

23 August 2005 15:34 (UK time)

I think that there should be a story to go along with the intro. Maybe I can make it into the cutscenes for a mission.

The reload game data may only be a mod option, and it NOT like the option for rechecking the data after you have data errors.

Assain

23 August 2005 16:37 (UK time)

My map Arctic Pursuit is messed up itself, but was thinking about fixing it myself. Such as,

The intro is entirely wrong and really lacks nessicary info on beeting it, the map is supposed to have a 6-7minute time limit, and a few adjustments to fix for the new versions stuff.

me_mantis

25 August 2005 17:39 (UK time)

#9 this is a large error, and it almost made me stop riding giant lilypads altogether.

I made a ride on boat unit.(its a giant lilypad)

I put it into a river. (I forgot to make it no ai)

It ran away. =(

How can i keep my giant lilypad from running away?

Jk =D

The error is this: when you ride on a ride on vehicle, you become the same type as that object. If its an air vehicle you become passible to air, but if its a water vehicle, you become a water unit. This is not a good thing.

Everytime I jumped off of my lilypad, I was conviently directed into the river. Every time I exited my lilypad, no matter how close I was to land, I was drowned.

I was finally able to fix this, by making docks out of open terrian, and in this way I was able to exit onto somthing that i wouldn't drown on.

Could the exiting code be the same of that as an enclosed boat?

Teleporters do not function, unless you are moving. This mean that A. Crates cannot be sent through tele s and B. If I'm floating down a river on my giant lilypad, I can run over a teleporter that send me under a bridge, and crash into the bridge. However, if I am moving down the river I do trigger the teleporter, and I pass under the bridge.

arezey

26 August 2005 04:37 (UK time)

Well I thought of something like this.

Not the world's best dialog still either?

James Bunting
26 August 2005 17:57 (UK time)

Bare in mind that everything is tied in. For example weapons are connected to sprites and objects etc. Loading one thing at a time could be tricky, especially with mod data (twin base folders).

me_mantis

26 August 2005 18:01 (UK time)

Mods are much easier with only one folder.

Here are MORE errors I have found!

When you get ina ride on water vehicle that is on land, it will not let you off!!(yep the giant lilypad again)

When a projectile does negative damage it will heal you, but it it has splash damage it will NOT heal you or anything.

When you are healed by a healing weapon that shoots multiple projectiles, your green heal effect screen stays put. It is only changed when you are hurt, but goes back to being green afterwards.

When an object is placed on a sector that does damage, it is not damaged until it becomes active. If it becomes active before you step onto the sector, it will take the damage and when it dies, you will take damage, but if you step onto the sedctor first, you are hurt, and after you die, it is damaged.

Not so much of a problem as an observation: when damage sectors are overlapped, you take both sectors damages.

arezey

26 August 2005 18:36 (UK time)

Error #16: You can heal troopers with the Repair/Mechanic Gun.

Assain

26 August 2005 21:11 (UK time)

I think 16 is tied into being that if your on a ridable vehacle. Such as, when your on a vehicle that u can ride and pick up a Repair, it heals it AND you.

arezey

03 September 2005 04:34 (UK time)

Nononono. It was that if the player has the repair gun, <b>he</b> can heal the other troopz.

Edited: 03 September 2005 13:28

me_mantis

08 September 2005 17:57 (UK time)

Ok... After a while of slow map editing, I've decided to make this error known to all.
When I was making 50_02 the games largest level, after 300 sectors were in, the time between the sectors being finished, and them appearing slowly got longer. By the end of the map, it took about 5 seconds for a sector to place into the map.
There is a 1532 sector limit, and a 8000 vertex limit. this means that you could only have like 6 verts for all your sectors.

I may be making a mapp inwhich i have 400 sectors and I have 4132 verts, and it may be very slow.

My computer is a sempron 2400, so its not me.

Is there any way to speed this up?

You all can see what I mean, by adding a sector or two the the 50_02 mission.

d34db34t

20 September 2005 05:11 (UK time)

#13: to stop the green effect from staying disable 'red hurt effect' from the options menu

me_mantis

20 September 2005 16:41 (UK time)

I find this really annoying when the green screen comes and stays.

Hmm that map... It may be real it may not.
It may have 5160 verts now!

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use