You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Kill does not kill the player

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Kill does not kill the player

arezey

08 August 2005 12:28 (UK time)

I founded a problem. If you are in a vehicle, "Restart Mission" or the "Kill"- cheat does not kill the player totally, just the vehicle.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

08 August 2005 14:15 (UK time)

Also, ive noticed, that the E command for vehicles to follow you causes the AI of that vehicle to get all wonkey, mainly noticed this with those that have turrets.

Such as, the vehicle will not shoot and support you, just follows you, and when and enemy gets in range when its either guarding or following, the turreted vehicle just points tword the target and sits there.

Im almost positive this is due to the fact that this cool feature of commanding your troops works by directing the following/guarding unit to where ever the enemy is and have the sprite shoot at it. Obviously, if the sprite does not have a weapon, but a seperate mounted turret, all it does it point at the enemy, and the turret does nothing.

Also, perhaps in a patch, you could place in some basic form of pathfinding for AI (mainly those following you?). Such as, the mechanic on the first mission, when he follows you, he almost ALWAYS gets stuck on the corner of the parkinglot trying to heal the car. How about making it so if the unit is stuck, have it back up for a few seconds, and go at it at a different angle, or if possible have it so AI will automatically walk around obsticles if there is one. Also, if a unit is following you and gets left behind/stuck, how about having it so it backs up, goes twice it's speed (as if to catch up to you), and will follow your EXACT path untill it gets within range of you?

James Bunting
08 August 2005 14:28 (UK time)

Nice point about the kill thing, the workaround is to do it twice lol.

This problem was also present in the "SC_GameOver" command but was fixed. I will add this thread to the todo list.

As for the AI, I kinda need to get that sorted. They switch to guarding mode which is gernerally bit iffy with turreted vehicles.

Armageddon1212

08 August 2005 14:30 (UK time)

Also The helicopter in beachhead only shoots sometimes at enemies and sometimes kills you with explosion:S

Assain

08 August 2005 20:53 (UK time)

Ive noticed that in the Storage Warehouse mission (the really big one), the buggy's in the beginning of the map only directed their turrets at me when i happend to walk right past them, like what happens with the vehicles that are following you.

I belive this is due to the same reson why the turreted vehicles dont shoot at you when following. The same happens if the vehicle is on a waypoint.

Ive only experience the non-shooting bug with normal roaming turreted vehicles this one time, though.

40oz
 Official Sponsor

09 August 2005 08:30 (UK time)

Hmm, i wasnt sure that was a glitch, i thought i had my vehicle placed in a wall or something and thats what affected what he was doing. I almost never make vehicles follow me, it doesnt really give me the same feel as having humans follow behind you, I feel more like I am in a team operation, with vehicles... i dont.

And that mechanic that gets stuck in the parking lot, lol it depends on how you walk, if you walk kinda, in a curve, sometimes you can get him in there safely. But you can also get in the police car and move it to him.

And yes Aleksanteri, I noticed that problem. I also don't like how it tells you MISSION FAILED, and you have to hear Ash scream. Its a real shame, and it makes me feel like the player had him killed. (When I play M2, i feel that I am the commander, and Ash is the one who hears the commands, then he orders the other Allies, except when I am in gun combat, then I feel like I am Ash)
*Papercut
Pro-Murder.
Legalize Crime.

Edited: 09 August 2005 08:33

James Bunting
09 August 2005 12:54 (UK time)

Yes take those corners wide.

It is confirmed that there is a problem with firing on waypoints. Those buggys are not bound to waypoints so thats another glitch.

Assain

09 August 2005 17:33 (UK time)

Yeah, turreted vehciles in general got bonked up in 1.0 ;P

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use