You are not logged in.    Login    New User    Forum Home    Search

JBPLAY  \  Meteor 2  \  Error Reporting  \  Enemy activation error

Back to Threads

Viewing Thread: Enemy activation error

Dave Man

17 March 2005 13:31 (UK time)

This really anoys me... When I give an enemy a facing angle in the map editor they are activated when I start the map. IN other words they come to life before I find them. This combined with the roaming AI makes all the enemys with pre-determined facing angles come surrond me and attack at once.

You need to login to create posts in this thread.

Assain

17 March 2005 20:44 (UK time)

I like that its more real that way ^.^

Dave Man

21 March 2005 13:27 (UK time)

Well it might seem more real, which I also like, but there should be a way to turn on/off an enemy unit in the map editor and still face it in a correct direction. Say you want a couple of enemies to stay where they are until a player comes around them but you also want to postion them right. With this bug you can't postion them right if you want to keep them there.

Zable Fahr

22 March 2005 01:44 (UK time)

Set them to have no AI and have a trigger that sets it back to Roaming when the player gets close?

Yeah, that sounds pretty annoying to do.

I think it would be useful to have an "on/off" setting (by this I assume you mean it doesn't "wake up" until the player gets within sight) also so that you can force certain units to wake up when the map loads.

Dave Man

22 March 2005 13:28 (UK time)

There should be a command like "SC_AllObjectsState(Sleep)" to set all the characerts to sleep and another command "SC_SetObjectState(ObjectId,1)" to wake up certain units. The sleep command would out all units to sleep unitl the character comes in range and the wake command could override the character in range option and wake a unit before the character comes in range.

James Bunting
23 March 2005 00:44 (UK time)

Thats interesting, I did not know about this bug.

Which reminds me...

The next version fixes a bug where some units become active when switching levels using SC_RunMap. Objects become active when they are drawn, using SC_RunMap in the current version draws a single frame at the coords on the old map thus waking some objects early.

The next version also has a SC_SetObjectActive function.

James.

Assain

23 March 2005 22:58 (UK time)

:D Thats gonna be nice.

PS. JB, I have a map that I plan on submitting for M2, called "The Arctic Pursuit". Its the first map that i have succesfully done some advanced scripting to (so far a bunch of waypoints and sounds but hey :) ), and its a tundra theater.

Its got new textures (OK so its just lightning/darkning of current textures to make my mountains), and some (what I think) pretty nice sector work. Its almost done, i have finished all of the sectoring, except for shadows, and half of the units being placed.

The object is to get through the enemies (Not GNV, instead the Enemy are helping as resistance fighters of a place/HQ/person/unit/whatever-you-want-it-to-be hehe belonging to GNV, as GNV is has not the resources to fend Ash and his Allies off) within 5 minutes, or it is to late to "do whatever is mentioned in the parentheses" (spelling...?). The terrain consists of a small cave, and arctic plain, and a mountinous region.

Edited: 23 March 2005 23:00

Forums system (C) 1999-2023 by James Bunting.

Terms of Use